It just better not be another@#!!$*&! Defensive coach.

freestater

Every coach with this owner has been a defensive "guru" (?) I'm not ready to see the best chance that we've had at QB since I've been around, getting stunted by one more defensive guy.

Give me a guy who can develop this kid. Defilippo, Shanahan, the titans guy. That's the most important thing now. If woody goes back in for one more defensive guy, I'm gonna freakin platz. 

1 minute ago, freestater said:

Every coach with this owner has been a defensive "guru" (?) I'm not ready to see the best chance that we've had at QB since I've been around, getting stunted by one more defensive guy.

Give me a guy who can develop this kid. Defilippo, Shanahan, the titans guy. That's the most important thing now. If woody goes back in for one more defensive guy, I'm gonna freakin platz. 

I'm shvitzing just thinking about it.

Just now, freestater said:

So I guess you will be disappointed when Chris decides not to fire Bowles because he was competitive against the Patriots and they go 2-4 down the stretch beating the Texans and Bills. Yea I see this as a possibility.....

Just now, Jetsbb said:

So I guess you will be disappointed when Chris decides not to fire Bowles because he was competitive against the Patriots and they go 2-4 down the stretch beating the Texans and Bills. Yea I see this as a possibility.....

Yes. That's accurate. Disappointed. Mildly.

Just now, freestater said:

I hope not. I hope for a lot of things with this team, and to tell ya the truth...I'm beginning to notice a pattern. ?

The Namath curse is supposed to expire this year, and we already lucked into the top QB to come out since Luck. 

Let's hope for some more tendency breakers.

12 minutes ago, freestater said:

I know what you're saying and how you feel but you can't limit yourself like that. Look at Parcells, Beliprick even Vrabel this year, all D backgrounds. Depends on the man, his support system , players etc.

Just now, Thai Jet said:

I know what you're saying and how you feel but you can't limit yourself like that. Look at Parcells, Beliprick even Vrabel this year, all D backgrounds. Depends on the man, his support system , players etc.

Tomlin too 

.and his OC

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

8 minutes ago, Larz said:

The offense defense thing is not the thing in my mind 

It's smart and aggressive that matters 

8 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I get ya, both of you. It's just, at this point I feel like a guy who has pushed a door 5 or 6 times in a row, and nothing's happened. Door hasn't budged. Might be time to pull the door and see what happens 

1 minute ago, freestater said:

I get ya, both of you. It's just, at this point I feel like a guy who has pushed a door 5 or 6 times in a row, and nothing's happened. Door hasn't budged. Might be time to pull the door and see what happens 

If it's an executive coach that doesn't coordinate either side, the offensive coordinator and QB coach will be as important 

It's more of a package deal really 

With everything I've posted, the 2 guys I'm keeping in mind are offensive coaches, Dan Campbell and Matt Campbell 

Defensive coordinators tend to be conservative but belicheat Tomlin and Carroll oversee very productive offenses 

1 hour ago, Thai Jet said:

right.  offense, defense, it just doesn't matter. what does matter is the coach knows the game backwards and forwards and is able to make the players better.  just about all of the coaches know the x's and o's. it's the special guy who knows how to get the most out of his players.

Everyone here is saying hiring a defensive guy is bad!!!! Well even hiring a offensive guy is bad!!!! Right now everyone is throwing out names but no one here is thinking!!! Look at all the candidates that everyone is throwing out, not one of those candidates have head coaching experience not one. All of these coaches are coordinators or some type of coach but none with head coaching experience. What you are hiring is a "rookie" coach, who is learning to be a head coach. With that you are going to get a lot of mistakes, and the Jets fans are not going to put up with mistakes. The Jets don't need another inexperienced coach taking over this team.

What they need to do is hire someone with head coaching experience like one of the Harbaugh's . They both have had success being head coach in the NFL level. Both are strict and demand a lot from their players. It will take a lot to get either of them to coach the Jets. I believe money won't be the issue but total control will be the issue. 

I would take a chance on experience than hiring inexperience!!!!

This is the John Harbaugh problem.

He is a Special Teams Coach.  He is a good coach.  But his OC is Marty M.  In order to get offensive skills, you have to make the coach an HC and pay them like one. Then they go and hire someone like Wade Phillips as DC.  

That will be Bowles next job, and his permanent one.  DC to an Offensive HC.

This was Dan Quinn's problem.  He is a good coach but needed to hire someone like Sharkanian after Shanahan left him to be a HC.  

12 minutes ago, varjet said:

This is the John Harbaugh problem.

He is a Special Teams Coach.  He is a good coach.  But his OC is Marty M.  In order to get offensive skills, you have to make the coach an HC and pay them like one. Then they go and hire someone like Wade Phillips as DC.  

That will be Bowles next job, and his permanent one.  DC to an Offensive HC.

This was Dan Quinn's problem.  He is a good coach but needed to hire someone like Sharkanian after Shanahan left him to be a HC.  

At Ramapo High 

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You couldn't be more hopelessly wrong.

Archived