Rapoport: Jets not Expected to Fire Todd Bowles

southtown24th

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jets fans may want it, but it sounds like Chris Johnson and company are fine with getting their doors blown off by Matt Barkley by a score of 41-10, just one week after losing to Brock Osweiller and the Miami Dolphins.

In a decision that is sure to demoralize Jets fans far and wide, NFL insider Ian Rapoport is reporting that no decision will be made on Todd Bowles until after the season.  This, despite Bowles posting a record of 13-30 in his last 43 games and currently sitting at 3-7.

Should make for an interesting final six weeks, Jets fans.

The post Rapoport: Jets not Expected to Fire Todd Bowles appeared first on JetNation.com (NY Jets Blog & Forum).

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs

MOU0NRyIrmg

Click here to read the full story...

I said this before. I have now lost all respect for this organization.

"Decisions wont be rash"?

IT'S BEEN 3 ******* YEARS!

Ben McAdoo getting fired from the Giants was more rash than this would be.

It will be tough because it's in my blood, but I'm not rooting for these guys anymore. And I feel sorry and pity at the people who have to pay to go see their games. 

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I said this before. I have now lost all respect for this organization.

"Decisions wont be rash"?

IT'S BEEN 3 ******* YEARS!

Ben McAdoo getting fired from the Giants was more rash than this would be.

It will be tough because it's in my blood, but I'm not rooting for these guys anymore. And I feel sorry and pity at the people who have to pay to go see their games. 

Completely agree.  I am done.

The Jets are in no position to fire Bowles, and you can’t compare this to Cleveland, Cleveland has a head honcho in Dorsey who is IN CHARGE, he forced both Williams, and Haley on Hue to make sure he had HC talent available to fire Hue in season because he was not allowed to fire him after last year, planting Haley there was basically Dorsey sabotaging Jackson.

And by no position I mean there is no realistic in house candidate, and going outside the house Doesn’t work week 10 except special circumstances.

4 minutes ago, K_O_Brien said:

"Decisions won't be rash".

What does that even mean? Do they understand the difference between rash and rational? 

While I don’t like it..probably for the best.   any interim would be a lame duck etc.  it shows a future prospect that management will behave rational.   Bowles should have been gone last year but que será será.  

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

Time for the brown paper bags  over the head and Toilet Bowles signs. Go to the start of the game for the cameras then stage a walkout  like Damien Woody for the networks to see. Go back to the parking lot and tailgate like its a a strike. Fire up the billboards. Stop buying merchandise. 

No better yet. DON'T GO.

Have them play in an empty stadium or a stadium filled with opposing fans.

I think the Jets brass recognizes that the Bills are a totally loaded roster, and we barely lost to a team with a future HOF'er playing QB and Pro-Bowlers at almost every position. They are doing the rational thing and not letting one close loss cloud their vision for the future.....

Bowles will be fired when the season is over. With Bowles as the HC, we have a chance for the top pick in draft. That's great news. Trade down, grab a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Lets get Harbaugh in here. Then maybe we can lure some quality free agents in here.

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

No better yet. DON'T GO.

Have them play in an empty stadium or a stadium filled with opposing fans.

I think it would be a dramatic effect to watch Jets fans stage a walkout at the same time right after the national anthem. They would replay that over and over on ESPN and the NFL Network. Woody wouldn't like that.

Just now, genot said:

Bowles will be fired when the season is over. With Bowles as the HC, we have a chance for the top pick in draft. That's great news. Trade down, grab a 2nd and 3rd round pick. Lets get Harbaugh in here. Then maybe we can lure some quality free agents in here.

Would be nice, but I have been hearing this for far too long.

5 minutes ago, genot said:

Have you seen the Raiders and Giants play?

Decisions that need to be made down the road need to be made now.

There is no point in waiting on this.  We're in a bye week.  Now is the right time to do it.  Keeping Bowles for the rest of the season means he's going to spend the rest of the season in full-on survival mode rather than doing anything that positively impacts the franchise's future. 

20 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

Even after yesterday’s horrific loss, my understanding is that any possible changes coming to the #JetsNYJets2018.png would be based on a decision made after the season, rather than during. That is the expectation. Decisions won’t be rash.

Did anyone else hear the circus clown car music in their head as they read this statement???  What an embarrassment.  I've suffered through plenty of "rock bottom" moments with this team over the last 40+ years but I think this takes the cake.  

Archived