Rapoport: Jets not Expected to Fire Todd Bowles

southtown24th

• Replies 254
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The worst Jets news in 5-7 years

Reasons to make the move now;

1 - Better chance to land a good GM/HC - get a head start on the search process, there will be 6-7 other teams looking for a new HC and we do not want the last choice again 

2 - The players - we have some players with potential who are going to implode, Adams, Lee, Leo, Maye, Darnold, Herndon need some hope, a reason to play 6 more games,  we are watching Kearse and a few other players regress as the season progresses 

3 - The fans - might enjoy a little hope and have fun with a win or two - this team had a chance to win a few games, what do we think the pats* will do to bowles, we saw how the team quit on the Bills, how bad does it get from here - this is how buttfumbles happen

4 - Chris Johnson a leader - Ha, now proven to be a stupid puppet with no guts, how is it possible for a rich kid to be so stupid - daddy bought his grades? POS

24 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Decisions that need to be made down the road need to be made now.

There is no point in waiting on this.  We're in a bye week.  Now is the right time to do it.  Keeping Bowles for the rest of the season means he's going to spend the rest of the season in full-on survival mode rather than doing anything that positively impacts the franchise's future. 

Agree completely...  Why subject the team, fans, even Bowles himself, to this?

The rest of the season will be like watching the Bataan Death March.  They won’t win another game...

21 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

they just don't have anyone else on the staff to function as a hc for the rest of the season.

the problem is that there are 6 games left not 1 or 2.  but last game of the year is dec. 30 so it's coming.

Yeah, and who knows Bowles may beat the Bills 6-3 next time and save his job

39 minutes ago, whodeawhodat said:

yeah, rex pretty much said the same thing.  I saw Ian say this on ESPN this morning.  Made a lot of sense that nothing good would come of dumping Bowles at this time.  Acknowledged that the fans want blood after yesterday.

The rational side of my brain agrees with this.  The emotional part does not, of course.

Bowles deserves to be fired.  No doubt about it.  The question is would it be the best thing for the team right now or at the end of the season.  The irony of all this is that the only reason Bowles probably survives for 2 more months is because he's done such a poor job staffing his coaches that there's no one capable of stepping into the HC spot even on an interim basis to simply lead the team for 7 games.

Think about that.  Bowles increased his longevity by virtue of not hiring any capable people below him! lol  Pure Jets right there.

But again, cutting Bowles loose probably throws the team and development of Darnold into more (rather than less) chaos at the moment.

It'll be ugly, the Jets will lose, the game plans will be tough to stomach.  But, it's probably the best course of action at the moment.  Bowles is incompetent but not a bad guy.  He also, surprisingly, does not have a fractured locker room at this point.  The team looks unmotivated and resigned to a lost season, but they haven't pointed a lot of fingers and they still have the coach's back, at least when they talk to the media.

There's no circus here.  Just really bad football.  And that is something the Owner seems willing to suck up for 7 more games.

An out and out disgrace. What’s the hold up? I think we can take posters from this site and come up with a coaching staff. There are only 6 weeks left! I can step up and be the wide receivers coach, played a bit in my day. Any one else available to coach this team? I bet we would do a better job as well.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

12 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

i can actually see the johnsons not wanting to 'rock darnold's boat' the rest of the year, then clean house.  not saying i like it but i can see them thinking like that.  

His boat has been all but sunk. Nothing can make it worse. Bates could at least call plays without Bowles over his shoulder. 

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

His boat has been all but sunk. Nothing can make it worse. Bates could at least call plays without Bowles over his shoulder. 

but i think this is what the johnsons are thinking.  also i wonder if they're in the process of figuring out who would be their consultant to help with a gm/hc search.  while i definitely want bowles gone i am willing to wait it out to see if they get rid of the gm as well.  but my money is on mccagnan getting another shot to fix this mess b/c after all he didn't hire bowles.  

I am switching to watching the Kicks at least they have the right course finally plotted playing the young kids, building for the future. I hate to say tihs but if Bowles stays I leave pretty simple narrative. If ebough fans leave and stop watching they will have no course but to fire him

7 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

The #JetsNYJets2018.png won’t be firing Todd Bowles today. Comes down not to Sam Darnold & his development (Bowles isn’t involved in offense), but, among other things, the fact there isn’t a suitable replacement on staff.

hire Todd Haley  or Hue Jackson they are looking f this hot garbage

That's cool Chris but we don't have to watch, show up or spend any more time or money on the Jets either

The stadium will be full of opposing fans and I'm not going to blame a single person for selling

the Johnsons deserve to hear it

Just the mere fact that Bowles has surrounded himself with inept assistant coaches tells you everything you need to know about the coaching staff this stiff assembled. Jets should still fire him so they can start making a list of who is available, who might be interested in developing Darnold, and who has the balls to come here & try to win in NY.

That’s the point of getting rid of Bowles. See what you have in bates to determine future moves. Give him a 6 week audition without any interference and see what happens. This would involve using common sense by the jets hierarchy, which they don’t seem to have.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived