Do I Sell My Tickets to Patriots Fans As Protest?

Lot K Tailgaters

I’ve had my tickets since I was 11 and since I was 18 only missed two home games because of major surgery.   

For the first time I’m very tempted to just sell my tickets to Patriots fans for the next game.  Hearing Bowles will stay disgusts me to no end.  Maybe I’m just agitated in the heat of the moment but this is awful.  I usually hate when fans sell their seats during a lousy season but this is like a slap in the face to all of us.  

I certainly feel your pain

A bit along the line of tilting at windmills though. The only thing that works is not buying to begin with (we cancelled after 40 years before last season) but just a few people doing that has no effect. It needs to be done en masse and let's be honest , that will not happen suddenly, it would be a long term thing. 

One way or another, there will be enough Pats fans there that it will almost seem like a Past home game. Once the Jets start winning and NE falls (maybe in our lifetimes even) it will be the same thing going on in Foxboro

On the other hand, just going to a game where the Jets beat the Pats in front of visiting those fans would be memorable and it would suck if you miss it because you deserve to be there for it. You know, any given Sunday and all that

35 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’ve had my tickets since I was 11 and since I was 18 only missed two home games because of major surgery.   

For the first time I’m very tempted to just sell my tickets to Patriots fans for the next game.  Hearing Bowles will stay disgusts me to no end.  Maybe I’m just agitated in the heat of the moment but this is awful.  I usually hate when fans sell their seats during a lousy season but this is like a slap in the face to all of us.  

Tough call. Wouldn't blame you if you did but still it's the Pats.

40 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I hear you . I said last night if Bowles wasn't fired I wouldn't go to the Pats game in protest. I'm sure over the next week or so I'll clam down and waffle , but I can't stand the thought of sitting in Metlife with 35k Pats fans acting like complete aholes.  I probably won't go but will probably just eat the tix.

One thing I have to say , for as many Bills fans that were there yesterday and how lopsided the score was they were actually not too bad. Its like they understand our pain with how sh*tty both our teams are. 

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

YES!!!!

1 hour ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

No shame in selling those tickets.  Why waste your money on that game for a team that won't do the right thing for the fans?  Ever.  I'm going to be away Thanksgiving weekend, so I sold my 3 Pats game tickets a couple of weeks ago on Stub Hub.  And I know it was a stupid Pats fan who bought them because my listing price was a ridiculous $395 per ticket.  (Face value $170).  The tickets sold at that price within five days of my listing them.  I received $1,067 after stub hub's 10% deduction.  Tickets cost me a total of $510.  No Jets fan would ever spend that kind of coin on this team.  I'm grateful that there are stupid Pats fans.  I'd like to personally thank them for that.  

Now...  after yesterday's insult to ticket holders, I think I'm done for the season.  If the team is going to slap its fans in the face by a performance like that, then F-K the Jets.  I listed my Texans tickets last night and they sold this morning for a little over face.  Probably could have got more, but i don't care at this point.  All I have left are my 3 Green Bay ticketsand my parking passes for the remaining games to sell.  I'm probably done for the year.  So I will have attended the 2 pre season games plus 5 of the 8 home regular season games. I even blew the rest of my swipe-card cash yesterday in the Jets shop.  We had $167 left of the original $300 that the Jets put on them.  Since the free money doesn't roll-over to the next year, we bought a Darnold Jersey and some cool hats with it.  I hope the jersey proves to be one of the rare ones with the current green color.  Next year's, and for the years threrafter), it will be the new, lighter, green color (See yesterday's towel giveawqy color).  I like the current color better and will be happy wearing that one in the coming years.   

I am disgusted by the ownership and management of this team.  We fans who spend a lot of money supporting this team deserve better.  The management and ownershp of the Jets just doesn't care about the fans one bit.  They say so with their actions and deliberate inactions.  The Jets organization is a disgrace.  And the organization does not deserve the avid loyal fans it has.  They should consider themselves lucky to have any fans left.

After 50+ years of attending games at Shea, Giants Stadium and now the MetLife dump, I am losing interest.  They need to fire Bowles now if only to pacify the disgust of the fans.  Bowles is a terrible HC and should never have been an NFL HC.  

9 minutes ago, Dcat said:

No shame in selling those tickets

This

I got lucky, and my Patriot tickets sold before the Dolphins game, and I was able to get double face after fees, I will still probably go because my buddy will not find someone who will want to go to the game with him, and I’ll end up just going with him anyways.

28 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I tried to donate mine to a children's charity.  The charity called and said they'd report me for child abuse.

yup.  The United Way will no longer accept Jets tickets for donations.  The charity is worried about child abuse charges and the permanent scarring that attendance can cause.

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

My neighbor just told me if he can get a donation receipt form GoodWill Store he's going to donate 8 tickets and 2 parking passes for the Patriots game. 

he can donate them all to the United Way via his Jets account.  A simple click will do it and they provide a receipt too. 

Rather than selling tix, why not doante them to vettix.org.  Get a tax donation and let a military veteran or his/her family enjoy the game.

Tax donation at the full face value might be worth more than what you would get on stubhub anyway.  

1 minute ago, Lith said:

Rather than selling tix, why not doante them to vettix.org.  Get a tax donation and let a military veteran or his/her family enjoy the game.

Tax donation at the full face value might be worth more than what you would get on stubhub anyway.  

Why put a Veteran and his family through that misery. 

2 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

I’m going to that game as I prepaid the bus I take. It sucks having fans from opposing teams taking over MetLife, but you gotta do what you gotta do!

1 hour ago, Dcat said:

No shame in selling those tickets.  Why waste your money on that game for a team that won't do the right thing for the fans?  Ever.  I'm going to be away Thanksgiving weekend, so I sold my 3 Pats game tickets a couple of weeks ago on Stub Hub.  And I know it was a stupid Pats fan who bought them because my listing price was a ridiculous $395 per ticket.  (Face value $170).  The tickets sold at that price within five days of my listing them.  I received $1,067 after stub hub's 10% deduction.  Tickets cost me a total of $510.  No Jets fan would ever spend that kind of coin on this team.  I'm grateful that there are stupid Pats fans.  I'd like to personally thank them for that.  

Now...  after yesterday's insult to ticket holders, I think I'm done for the season.  If the team is going to slap its fans in the face by a performance like that, then F-K the Jets.  I listed my Texans tickets last night and they sold this morning for a little over face.  Probably could have got more, but i don't care at this point.  All I have left are my 3 Green Bay ticketsand my parking passes for the remaining games to sell.  I'm probably done for the year.  So I will have attended the 2 pre season games plus 5 of the 8 home regular season games. I even blew the rest of my swipe-card cash yesterday in the Jets shop.  We had $167 left of the original $300 that the Jets put on them.  Since the free money doesn't roll-over to the next year, we bought a Darnold Jersey and some cool hats with it.  I hope the jersey proves to be one of the rare ones with the current green color.  Next year's, and for the years threrafter), it will be the new, lighter, green color (See yesterday's towel giveawqy color).  I like the current color better and will be happy wearing that one in the coming years.   

I am disgusted by the ownership and management of this team.  We fans who spend a lot of money supporting this team deserve better.  The management and ownershp of the Jets just doesn't care about the fans one bit.  They say so with their actions and deliberate inactions.  The Jets organization is a disgrace.  And the organization does not deserve the avid loyal fans it has.  They should consider themselves lucky to have any fans left.

After 50+ years of attending games at Shea, Giants Stadium and now the MetLife dump, I am losing interest.  They need to fire Bowles now if only to pacify the disgust of the fans.  Bowles is a terrible HC and should never have been an NFL HC.  

Oxymoron.?

11 minutes ago, PS17 said:

Love to see 80% Pats fans and have them blow us out by 5 touchdowns. I want the most embarrassing possible rest of season.

Everyone should sell their tickets. 

I know exactly what you're saying and how you feel but after being a Jets fan 50+ yrs. I just can't , my self, think that way. I don't blame you at all however. Totally understandable.

3 hours ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

No one is buying your seats.  Go and protest, boo at player introductions, boo after every penalty, boo after every three and out, start the "Flush the Bowles" chant,  

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

The home opener flags were that same shade of green. Very ugly looking.  

We spend a lot of money and also time.  I wake up at 5:30 am to go tailgate.  All of us sit in the rain cold or heat early in the season.  All for a lousy team.  The past 4 years I’ve left more games early than I had in my previous 24 seasons combined.  

Saw this idea on another post. Show up, walk into the stadium and stand for the anthem then walk back out to the parking lot before kick off. A lot more fun tailgating outside then it would be watching a completely non-competitive game inside the stadium. That would send a serious message to these incompetent morons.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

8 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

Saw this idea on another post. Show up, walk into the stadium and stand for the anthem then walk back out to the parking lot before kick off. A lot more fun tailgating outside then it would be watching a completely non-competitive game inside the stadium. That would send a serious message to these incompetent morons.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

As a former season ticket holder the organization can careless you already paid for the tickets and PSL'S if applicable. 

Public Humiliation is best because the announcers on TV mention "look at the all empty seats" 

Tough call being a no show when you spend all that money. 

47 minutes ago, Lot K Tailgaters said:

The home opener flags were that same shade of green. Very ugly looking.  

We spend a lot of money and also time.  I wake up at 5:30 am to go tailgate.  All of us sit in the rain cold or heat early in the season.  All for a lousy team.  The past 4 years I’ve left more games early than I had in my previous 24 seasons combined.  

I've gone 15+ years without missing a home game, but it's really been a chore this season.  

We're in the lot by 8 and don't leave until the game clock shows 0:00.  

When the team is good, there's nothing like it, but these days I find myself looking forward to the away games. 

Archived