I hate losing but...

Bruce Harper

9 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

a top 3 pick might make the Head Coaching job look a helluva lot more attractive.  This may be the best argument for letting Bowles stick around for the rest of the season.

It doesn't matter who the coach is, we are going to lose the last 6 games vs the Patriots, @Titans, @ Bills, Texans, Packers, and @ Patriots. Even if Belichick is resting his starters in the last game we'll still lose. Matt Barkley dropped a 40 burger on the Jets. You don't think Belichick can beat these Jets with his backups? Lmao

29 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

a top 3 pick might make the Head Coaching job look a helluva lot more attractive.  This may be the best argument for letting Bowles stick around for the rest of the season.

I honestly don't see a winnable game the rest of the year.

29 minutes ago, Thai Jet said:

I honestly don't see a winnable game the rest of the year.

I think they'll luck themselves into 1 more, possibly 2 if lightning strikes and they do something like return a punt or an INT to beat Buffalo by 1 point. lol

But I'm with you, the Jets are picking in the Top 5, certainly no lower than #7 I'd think.

The winner of Giants-SF tonight becomes serious competition for us.  If the Giants win then we're rooting for them the rest of the year.

26 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We may actually get Bosa or better yet, TRADE THE F*CK DOWN and accumulate a few 2nd and 3rd rd picks to replenish the O-line and offensive weapons. Defense is in place and just needs coaching and a complementary offense that doesn’t go 3 and out every f*cking series. 

If Nick Bosa is sitting there & we trade down I'll lose my sh*t! This team needs some stars!  I'm leary of taking WRs high as most need a lot of seasoning to get up to speed, Id rather just spend the sh*t load of free agency dollars mostly on offense. We need WRs & I'd kick the tires on Lev Bell. A draft of Nick Bosa, a Center, Guard or LT, free agents Bell, Tyrell Williams, and another Edge rusher (Fowler?) and I'd say that's a great start to 2019. 

I don't think Jet fans have really understood just how badly this team is coached. In 2015, the veterans practically ran this team on their own. Mangold, Fitz, Decker, Marshall, Forte. Bowles hasn't developed ANYONE. Even Buster Skrine was worse as a Jet than as a Brown. Just look at 2016, I hated that Jet team with the fire of a million suns, they were horrible! The more players we add (young players) the worse we get. 41-10 to the 2018 Bills? OMG! Matt Barkley! So Bowles gets every excuse in the book but has lost to every backup in league. Matt Moore, Baker Mayfield cold off the bench in his 1st start, Brock Oswieller & now Matt Barkley after 11 days of practice with his new team! Sorry, even the 1-15 Kotite teams played better competition. Just amazing ineptitude!

38 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

We may actually get Bosa or better yet, TRADE THE F*CK DOWN and accumulate a few 2nd and 3rd rd picks to replenish the O-line and offensive weapons. Defense is in place and just needs coaching and a complementary offense that doesn’t go 3 and out every f*cking series. 

If we draft defense in the top of the draft, I will never watch another game in my life.

38 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

I think they'll luck themselves into 1 more, possibly 2 if lightning strikes and they do something like return a punt or an INT to beat Buffalo by 1 point. lol

But I'm with you, the Jets are picking in the Top 5, certainly no lower than #7 I'd think.

The winner of Giants-SF tonight becomes serious competition for us.  If the Giants win then we're rooting for them the rest of the year.

Yes , no lower than #7. Only good thing is that it will keep JN interest up during the off season.

15 minutes ago, Jetster said:

If Nick Bosa is sitting there & we trade down I'll lose my sh*t! This team needs some stars!  I'm leary of taking WRs high as most need a lot of seasoning to get up to speed, Id rather just spend the sh*t load of free agency dollars mostly on offense. We need WRs & I'd kick the tires on Lev Bell. A draft of Nick Bosa, a Center, Guard or LT, free agents Bell, Tyrell Williams, and another Edge rusher (Fowler?) and I'd say that's a great start to 2019. 

If we did take Bosa 86% of JN would be totally pi$$ed that we went defense again. Can't win

3 hours ago, Bruce Harper said:

A top 3 pick isn't going to make it more attractive with Mac as GM. Also, Bowles already has the job...don't need to make it more attractive to him.

20 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

A top 3 pick isn't going to make it more attractive with Mac as GM. Also, Bowles already has the job...don't need to make it more attractive to him.

Are you suggesting that Bowles will be coach next year?  That seems, at best, highly unlikely.  How could it be decided that they will be picking number three before the end of the season?

I think it's pretty clear we aren't winning another game, barring a very fluky upset type game. Right now our offense simply cannot score on anyone and the whole team looks like they've quit.
I don't think it is very clear at all. I was shocked the bills did what they did to us and I would be shocked if we don't bounce back and destroy them next time we play them. Aside from the bills game I think we will have one more upset throughout the season

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

23 hours ago, JetPotato said:

If we draft defense in the top of the draft, I will never watch another game in my life.

Well, ya better get interested in the Red Bulls then.  The odds of the Jets taking an edge rusher are real high.  If Bosa is there it's a no brainer

On 11/12/2018 at 11:01 AM, Bruce Harper said:

Are we assuming the dream head coaching candidate has no access to youtube, nfl.com, espn, the internet in general, never has spoken to anyone that has seen any NFL draft in the last four years?

certainly a rational reason, when you consider Bowles performance.  

the Jets promise to be a ghost ship for the rest of the season.

31 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

I don't think it is very clear at all. I was shocked the bills did what they did to us and I would be shocked if we don't bounce back and destroy them next time we play them. Aside from the bills game I think we will have one more upset throughout the season

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't know how anyone who has watched this team over the last three weeks has any confidence that we can beat anyone. Something is clearly wrong with the offense. We can't score points. You can't win games in today's NFL if you can't score points.

34 minutes ago, Bruce Harper said:

Are you suggesting that Bowles will be coach next year?  That seems, at best, highly unlikely.  How could it be decided that they will be picking number three before the end of the season?

Huh? It's not decided, but the original poster says "a top 3 pick might make the Head Coaching job look a helluva lot more attractive".

And yes, my supposition has been that Bowles was promised a safe year for starting Darnold. He may end up coaching himself out of it, but I think he was promised a...leniency when it's determined if he comes back next season.

4 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

Huh? It's not decided, but the original poster says "a top 3 pick might make the Head Coaching job look a helluva lot more attractive".

And yes, my supposition has been that Bowles was promised a safe year for starting Darnold. He may end up coaching himself out of it, but I think he was promised a...leniency when it's determined if he comes back next season.

He's not coming back. His team quit, you don't come back from that. 

As of right now I think we would be drafting #5 overall.

No way we pass Oakland.    Giants, 49ers and Cards all have 2 wins.  Can those teams win 1-2 more games, allowing the Jets to get top 3?  Who is in the top 3 worth taking?   Or do you trade down, re coup a second rounder, and maybe some other pics as well?

The Jets need to draft the best OL or WR in the draft with their first pick in 2019 no matter which hotshot defensive player might be available when they pick.  If another team is salivating to get a defensive player, the Jets should trade down and accumulate picks and fill out the OL and WR units as much as they can.  

16 minutes ago, ChuckkieB said:

The Jets need to draft the best OL or WR in the draft with their first pick in 2019 no matter which hotshot defensive player might be available when they pick.  If another team is salivating to get a defensive player, the Jets should trade down and accumulate picks and fill out the OL and WR units as much as they can.  

Who is the best WR in college football eligible for the draft? 

38 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Who is the best WR in college football eligible for the draft? 

No idea but whoever it is, if he's a top 10 talent, the Jets need to draft him or whoever the top ranked O lineman is.  Rounds 1 and 2 should be WR and OL, the order depending on how things shake out on draft day IMO.  

Said the same thing in another thread: a top pick, $100M in cap space, Sam Darnold, and a huge offer oughta be enough to get a quality head coach in here to fix this thing (preferably a HC and a new GM). 

Archived