Damien Woody on fire.

DonCorleone

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

it's not just that the hc is getting fired - there's going to be a real housecleaning on the offense especially.  the players aren't stupid, they know the entire offseason is going to be about fixing the offense and getting talent around darnold.  

Looks like another at least 3-4 year rebuild. 

8 minutes ago, MichaelScott said:

Interesting take. On one hand I can understand the players quitting on this coach. On the other hand, I dont want players that quit ?

Meh, it happens a lot when players don't respect the coach.  Get Bowles out and these guys will work a lot harder under the interim HC. 

1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Meh, it happens a lot when players don't respect the coach.  Get Bowles out and these guys will work a lot harder under the interim HC. 

Word.  Fire Bowles today. Hire an interim coach. ‘Ok I’m the interim coach boys and just to let you know I won’t be here next year BUT I can assure you the NFL is looking at this team and if you don’t play your azzess off for the remainder of the year, you won’t be in the NFL either!’

I don't think the players quit on Bowles.  It's clear the offense is not talented enough and Bowles is not putting the defense in a position to succeed.  Offense falls on Macc and defense is on Bowles.  If I was Bates I'd be pissed for taking a job with sh*t talent.   

For the defensive minded coach Bowles is, his defenses sure have been trash the last 2 years.

6 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

rex's players spoke much higher of him than bowles' do of him.  and they never quit on rex.

Rex's loyalists would run through a wall for him. Bowles guys would run  through wet tissue paper - on a good day when they're executing.

2 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

I don't think the players quit on Bowles.  It's clear the offense is not talented enough and Bowles is not putting the defense in a position to succeed.  Offense falls on Macc and defense is on Bowles.  If I was Bates I'd be pissed for taking a job with sh*t talent.   

For the defensive minded coach Bowles is, his defenses sure have been trash the last 2 years.

The thing is what does Bates do. He watched Morton get fired for going against Bowles last season, does he cut his own throat by doing the same.  I'm not convinced Bowles has no say on O like some here report.

4 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

Have to disagree with your first statement.  The players DID quit.  They quit during the Fish game.

They like Bowles, he's a nice guy, they don't respect him as a HC.  

Just now, flgreen said:

Have to disagree with your first statement.  The players DID quit.  They quit during the Fish game.

worst indictment is that the defense completely quit yesterday and they did it before the game started.  it's not like the defense played hard and mailed it in after halftime.  

i think adams is the true leader of the defense, for better or worse, and his complaints last week were really about how the defense has been carrying the team the past few weeks (vs. vikings, bears and dolphins) and the offense hasn't pulled its weight.  so vs the bills the defense showed up with the mindset that they were going to lose b/c the offense sucks anyway, and that's very interesting b/c darnold wasn't the qb and defense still didn't show up from the opening kickoff.  the huge rift in talent/draft picks/resources this team has put into the defense over the years at the expense of the offense is finally causing a rift that will doom the hc and maybe the gm.  

5 minutes ago, flgreen said:

They don't fear him. Why try when the most you will get is a stern talking to or heart to heart. Bowles thinks these guys are self-motivated like he was. Most of them are not. Take a few guys jobs from them. Make them worry about the size of their pay checks. We are all, in the end, motivated by the money. It is the reason I go to work and put in effort. These guys are no different.

3 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Possibly.  Maybe they don't like or respect him?  You don't quit on a guy you like and respect is what I'm trying to say I guess.

Also, I find it hard to believe unless you're a player assured of a position that you're quitting on anything.  Just doesnt make sense when your job is not guaranteed.

The only one I can see quitting and still guarantee themselves a job is Darnold and he wasn't apart of that train wreck yesterday.

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Rex made two AFC Championship games with decent talent. Rex went 8-8 with below average talent. Rex had his flaws, but he is a hundred times the coach Bowles wishes he was. 

Sadly, I think the NFL has left Rex in the rear view mirror. All of the rule changes favoring O have removed the most valuable tools from his bag. 

35 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

rex's players spoke much higher of him than bowles' do of him.  and they never quit on rex.

There was a season they definitely quit on Rex, but they’ve done it every year with Bowles.

The two coaches aren’t much different, frankly.

32 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

They didn’t quit on him?  What do they have to do to see they did just that - walk off the field?

14 minutes ago, flgreen said:

I really fear with CJ in charge that @JiF is correct, and Chris won't have the balls to fire him on Black Monday.

The Jets are rebranding themselves in the offseason......which means they have merch to push....no one is spending $$$ on Jets gear the way ownership would like them too if they don’t at least get rid of Bowles.....Ownership knows they have to make a change, they just won’t do it during the season....the fact that they are building a shortlist already makes sense...I just hope they hire someone to make the football decisions before anything else

50 minutes ago, BallinPB said:

that defense sure looked like it quit on bowles

47 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

The thing is what does Bates do. He watched Morton get fired for going against Bowles last season, does he cut his own throat by doing the same.  I'm not convinced Bowles has no say on O like some here report.

Was Morton really fires for going against Bowles?  I see this said here a lot and was wondering if it is facts or speculation 

Archived