Todd Bowles LIVE Radio Interview on at 4pm Mikael Kaye show

Gas2No99

98.7FM ESPN NY Radio - Michael Kay Show 

Just a heads up and I'll post a link of interview if I can find one. The hosts will be pretty direct in their questions and will be putting Bowles in a corner to explain himself for yesterday's abysmal performance. 

************** EDIT ********************

Here's the Link to the Radio Interview

Bowles interview after the 41-10 Bills Loss. 11/12/18 on Michael Kay Show on ESPN NY radio

take the week to reevaluate everything, coaches, players.

poor day on defense - "misfit a lot of things"

No difference b/t what he saw on film vs live on sunday.

He's really not giving any excuses. IT's literally "we suck" over and over again. 

Just now, Gas2No99 said:

He's really not giving any excuses. IT's literally "we suck" over and over again. 

there ARE no more excuses.  it wasn't the rookie qb, wasn't turnovers, wasn't stupid penalties.  they just sucked.

He literally seems defeated. 

Hosts admitted they like him, but judged on wins and losses and he's not cutting it. 

TB agrees and really is just taking the verbal flagellation. He's not displacing blame. 

Team fought, they just didn't play well. 

on the OT eligible TD: "That was a VERy good play on their part, I'll give them that one" :huh:WTF!?!

9 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Hosts admitted they like him, but judged on wins and losses and he's not cutting it. 

TB agrees and really is just taking the verbal flagellation. He's not displacing blame. 

on the OT eligible TD: "That was a VERy good play on their part, I'll give them that one" :huh:WTF!?!

It must have been in the locker room because it wasn't on the field..

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

OK time to come clean... which one of you goons is the guy who just called in and said hire Tony Romo to coach?

Lol. Not me but at this point why not. He’d be more valuable to Darnold than most. 

4 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

OK time to come clean... which one of you goons is the guy who just called in and said hire Tony Romo to coach?

IMO Romo would be a great hire for QB coach or OC. An amazing football mind who gets the QB position, and loves our young Darnold.

1 hour ago, Gas2No99 said:

Does that mean he's going to quit when he realizes that he's the problem? 

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

"Team fought"?  Are you a mental patient?  Someone put him in straight jacket now!

What does 'a good week of practice' mean?  A guy who is awful at handing players, is awful at game planning and awful at coming up with a plan that works can think a week of practice looks swell.  Out coached and out game planned every game essentially. On top of this we have no talent on offense and 'limited' talent on defense.  As in our talent can do a few things really well and cannot do other things at all well.

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

haha, evaluate and then do nothing... make no changes, just keep "grinding"

useless

5 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

I hate Todd Bowles, the football coach.

Todd Bowles, the man?  That's a guy I'd love to just sit and talk life and football with.  

I think firing him mid-season would be more of a mercy thing than anything else.  Has he earned the criticism?  Yeah.  That being said, this interview was like throwing a wounded animal to a pride of lions. 

I think the summation is that the effort wasn't lacking but both the game plan/coaching and focus from the players were severely lacking.  Bowles is a nice guy, just a bad football coach.  The team played hard but the coaches essentially had the players pointed in the wrong directions.  It's sad and frustrating but also the reason they're holding onto him to finish the season.  The locker room isn't fractured, the players still seemingly play hard for the guy....they're just being outcoached and the players aren't being prepared well enough.

It's also noteworthy that 6 of the worst quarters of football played by the defense this year were against "surprise" quarterbacks in Baker Mayfield (inserted at halftime) and Barkley (announced as starter 24 hours before the game).  Bowles simply can't react to that.  He's in over his head as a HC in this league.  Doesn't make him a bad dude, just a bad coach.

6 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

He literally seems defeated

Very much so. This was hard to listen to. Even worse than usual. More morose and uninspired than ever, like he knows he has to say these words but has no belief in them. No expression at all in his voice. Sort of how the players played! 

Here is a Link to CB Mo Claiborne's interview on Jets Loss to Bills on the ESPN NY radio series The Humpty, Canty, & Rothenberg late morning Daily Sports Talk Radio Program:

Radio Interview.

Claiborne: Effort does not reflect coaching

Jets CB Mo Claiborne says the effort of players is not a reflection on the coach but their own professionalism.

1 hour ago, Mogglez said:

I hate Todd Bowles, the football coach.

Todd Bowles, the man?  That's a guy I'd love to just sit and talk life and football with.  

I think firing him mid-season would be more of a mercy thing than anything else.  Has he earned the criticism?  Yeah.  That being said, this interview was like throwing a wounded animal to a pride of lions. 

it will be PAINFUL to endure the PCs and the NY Media just swirling above the carcass of a career Bowles has left as NYJHC. They can't wait to feast on him and it will be a countdown in the tabloids to the end of the season so they can get their blood and pound of flesh. 

Talk about slow torture. 

19 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

it will be PAINFUL to endure the PCs and the NY Media just swirling above the carcass of a career Bowles has left as NYJHC. They can't wait to feast on him and it will be a countdown in the tabloids to the end of the season so they can get their blood and pound of flesh. 

Talk about slow torture. 

Then why tf keep him thru the season!?

10 minutes ago, Thinker said:

Then why tf keep him thru the season!?

It's been said dozens of times throughout the board today:

• There is no competent HC replacement currently on hand within the current coaching staff.
  • Don't want to rock the boat too much and create chaotic unstable environment for Darnold (Cleveland did fire their HC, but had replacement on staff)
  • Lockeroom is still united despite situation so might as well just "ride it out"

I'll take the first reason as the primary culprit, the CS is hot garbage. It's just how predatory the media will be over the next 2 months in persecuting Bowles WILL be UGLY. And the worst part is, as the interview demonstrated, he's just going to sit there and take it. Dead man walking. 

If you're a Sadist, you're going to LOVE the NYJ Post game PCs and Bowles getting skewered alive by the NY media on a daily basis. 

14 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

time to fire another OC, Todd?  

do you ever get tired of saying every week that your team did not execute?  don't you realize you are damning yourself when you say that?

14 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Guy announces that he is a tackle eligible for ONE play and Jets are surprised he is targeted with a pass.  Oh yes, a VERY....GOOD...PLAY.   Todd?   Guy?  Come on...........

Archived