Sign in to follow this  
Philc1

Why is Macagnan escaping the purge?

Rate this topic

12 hours ago, UnitedWhofans said:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You actually think that? I have said that I wavered on Mac and Bowles can go elsewhere. I go by fair play and the facts.

I can see advantages to keeping Macc and I can see advantages to firing him. That's the way it is.

12 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

I didn't say we were going to finish 6-10 but hopefully we do because that means Darnold is dragging us through the mud.

I can see us winning the next Buffalo game and one of either HOU/TEN... 5-11

I can see us getting blown out all three of those games

On 11/12/2018 at 3:21 PM, varjet said:

Correct me if I am wrong, but I remember when Bradway was the GM and Tannenbaum did the contracts.

One morning we woke up and Tannenbaum was the GM and Bradway was the Scouting Director.  He stayed in that position a long time.  In fact, Bradway was blamed for some of Idzik's picks.

It would not surprise me is something similar happened with Maccagnan.  I do believe that the combination of Bowles and the Johnsons affected Mac's GMing negatively.  But in any event, Mac owns a very low talent roster and needs to be demoted or fired.  I do think think there is an aversion to a complete redo, and keeping Mac around while potentially promoting Heimerdinger and/or bringing in a Director of Football Operations could make the front office work better.

But Bowles is not working as a coach.  And it is not because he can't coach at all-he did an ok job in 2015 and as a DC in 2014.  He just seems too inflexible and stubborn   As we all know, we are ultimately judged by the ability to delegate and build a team.  It seems like Bowles was very fixated on surrounding himself with loyalists as opposed to people that would help him win.  

That was his undoing.  

Let me refresh your memory, basically ALL 10 wins were Fools Gold.  I've never seen a Jet team face a more powderpuff schedule than they did in 2015, if they faced the identical schedule as they played this year the 2015 team would have won 6 games tops.  Also, virtually ALL 10 wins were very difficult, against all bottom feeders they barely eked  out those 10 wins, when it was time to really play ball the last week of the season to make the playoffs, Rex Ryan ran circles around Bowles strategically, with a team that was 1/2 injured, who hadn't practiced all week due to blizzards and Ryan telling them to look out for their families.  Greg Salas had a field day playing WR against the "defensive genius" Bowles.

Look the owners don't have the slightest clue what they're doing, how much more evidence do you need?  Going to some consulting firm like they have to hire some financial professional, then asking some windbag like Casserly as to whom to hire (Belichick about Casserly:  He hasn't been right about anything in years).  They ONLY act when the Embarrassment Meter is pegged to close to breaking, right now, this second, they're basically in hiding.  The Jets will NEVER win as long as they own the team, just as the Mets will never win as long as their owners own the team, just as the Knicks will never win as long as their owner owns the team.....just watch all the action and awful football like you're watching a COMEDY, much less painful.  Or better yet, don't watch at all.

I heard a good point made tonight.  If they REALLY cared about Bowles like they say they do..they'd fire him, for his own good, the pressure would be totally off the guy, he's not a Head Coach, that was obvious YEARS ago (Giants see that, they cut bait...quickly, not these clueless guys), now he has 6 whole weeks to run a gauntlet and take huge heat and abuse from the media, the fans, you name it, and he's getting fired anyway after the year is over.  The Johnson's know this much, their team won't have 12 fans left of Bowles is standing on the sideline Week 1 in 2019, so why keep him as a lame duck?  For continuity as they claim?  Continuity of what?  They just had street FA's drop 40 points on their "defensive genius", he wouldn't know Offense if it were an alarm clock on full blast.  He's already responsible for Darnold getting hurt, playing not only a garbage Vet, but a garbage Vet who is HURT haha (that's another one  of his MOs, play every vet no matter how bad they play, to try to divert criticsm from himself).  It's not all his fault by a long-shot.  Maccagnan should be fired the same day, roster is worse now then when he took over 4 YEARS ago.

On 11/12/2018 at 3:59 PM, Philc1 said:

Sell me on why Mike Macagnan gets to pick his own coaching staff after getting 4 years to produce a bottom 3 roster

Not until you sell me on this "purge" of which you speak.

On 11/12/2018 at 4:06 PM, Philc1 said:

I think Parcells wants nothing to do with the jets.  Hopefully he does I’d kill to have him back even in just an advisory role to hire a new GM

Why?  He was a ******* horror at "buying the groceries" and he personally rubber stamped Bowles, Sparano (RIP), Bradway, etc. 

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Why?  He was a ******* horror at "buying the groceries" and he personally rubber stamped Bowles, Sparano (RIP), Bradway, etc. 

Rumor has it that at a Jets fan event (BBQ), Mac bought veggie burgers and expired cheese. Completely forgot condiments. Ruined the whole thing. Much like with this roster. 

On 11/12/2018 at 4:11 PM, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mac would rather have “ bpa” at those positions then have 2nd, 3rd best pass rusher, WR.. the real important positions 

& ownership rewarded him with an extension..

#ownership..

On 11/12/2018 at 6:39 PM, UnitedWhofans said:

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

You actually think that? I have said that I wavered on Mac and Bowles can go elsewhere. I go by fair play and the facts.

I can see advantages to keeping Macc and I can see advantages to firing him. That's the way it is.

How many times last season did you tell us that "at least we're not the Browns."

How is that working out for you?

I've said it in other threads - Mac has done a good job of finding guys who are good back end rotational players, but he has failed to find guys who are real impact players. So I can see an argument for keeping him around for another year. 

HOWEVER, if you do keep him, you run a huge risk of hiring a new coach & then firing his GM after 1 year. Who do you attract as GM when there is a coach in place who he did not have approval on? I think Mac needs to go too. 

4 minutes ago, TeddEY said:

How many times last season did you tell us that "at least we're not the Browns."

How is that working out for you?

Very well thank you. The Browns despite having more talent than the Jets do do not have the wins to match it. 

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Very well thank you. The Browns despite having more talent than the Jets do do not have the wins to match it. 

So, the Browns have more talent, a better record, and a head to head win against the Jets, but the Jets are better.  Got it!

Just now, TeddEY said:

So, the Browns have more talent, a better record, and a head to head win against the Jets, but the Jets are better.  Got it!

1. They dont have a better record. Counting ties is bullsh*t

2. Head to head wins mean sh*t too, so you lose there @Geyno

3. Their choice at HC will make or break them. Until I know what happens at HC for both teams I will keep the stance

3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

3. Their choice at HC will make or break them. Until I know what happens at HC for both teams I will keep the stance

Go look at the Browns roster and then look at the Jets roster, then come back and try to explain how the Browns isn’t better.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Go look at the Browns roster and then look at the Jets roster, then come back and try to explain how the Browns isn’t better.  

No they are more talented. But they were behind to begin with, prior to this year. Dorsey knocked this draft out of the park. But yet they have the same amount of wins as the Jets. 

So what does that mean? Head coach.

PLus JImmy Haslam and Woody Johnson basically cancel each other out. Both suck as owners

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The NFL counts ties, whether or not you do.

And, head to head games don't matter?  Then, why do they play them?  Seems like we could save all the trouble and just award the Super Bowl to whomever you think is the best, and designate the draft order based on what you think, too!

5 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

& ownership rewarded him with an extension..

#ownership..

It wasn’t a extension to brag about, just like Bowles. it did show how indecisive and clueless the johnsons are though. If they have no problem eating the rest of their contracts, fine by me. Doesnt count toward the cap 

On 11/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, Philc1 said:

The Macagnan supporters are still there and still going strong.  Somehow a better coach would have us 10-0 with this garbage roster

You really think this caffeine freak (what good is all the coffee?  Guy can’t Pick his nose) has supporters?  They all have seeing eye dogs?

4 f**kin years, your Average Fantasy Football Whizkid geek could put together a roster that would bludgeon Maccagnan’s roster 99 times out of 100.

Such a joke.  I know Bowles is getting fired, he’s beyond incompetent and now everyone finally knows it, but so is Maccagnan.

They don’t fire him too, I’m finally done with this team.  I can’t take watching this guy make 1 more single solitary decision.  1 more year of Maccagnan results in the organization continuing to twist in the wind with only some other inept coach willing to take the job knowing it’ll probably be only a 1 year gig.  Too bad he was to busy drinking coffee to every see George Costanza “do the Opposite”.  Close to the worst “GM” I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been following football a long time.  I challenge ANYONE to articulate what this guy was thinking in terms of strategy over the last 4 years.  You KNOW you’re going to have to put in place some kind of potential Franchise QB, wouldn’t you start solidifying the Oline BEFORE that day comes?  Wouldn’t you try solidifying some of the skill positions to help the QB out, BEFORE that day comes?

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It wasn’t a extension to brag about, just like Bowles. it did show how indecisive and clueless the johnsons are though. If they have no problem eating the rest of their contracts, fine by me. Doesnt count toward the cap 

But they do have a problem eating 2 cents, the guy is a miser.  He played a whole year without a Secondary pocketing the 20 mill under the cap he saved.  That 20 mill is a rounding adjustment to his Net Wealth.  Think he cares about the fans?  Playing without a Secondary the year before the heat got too much?  They gave Revis a stupid contract, but it also moved the dollars back to where the cap was.

The only way he’ll pay 2 GMs at the same time is if the heat gets turned up on Maccagnan too high.  Bowles he has no choice but to fire him at this point.  

On 11/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, Augustiniak said:

i'll also give him that he hasn't screwed up a first round pick yet.  he also signed bridgewater and flipped him for a 3rd round pick.  

i think it's important for darnold to play out the rest of the season, not just for him but for herndon, mcguire, cannon, burnett and any other of the offensive guys he's brought here (leggett) b/c mccagnan needs to be evaluated on these guys and hiding them in favor of guys like kearse and crowell is a classic bowles copout move that doesn't help anyone keep their jobs.

Bowles will ONLY play the Vets, as he always does, the last 6 games.  You know that.  This will destroy valuable time needed to do more evaluating.

Another idiotic reason he’s still in the job.  Then again Maccagnan might order him not to play his draft picks.  They wouldn’t let a 2nd Rd draft pick even see the field for 1 single play tying an NFL record.

Don’t the Johnson’s see how bad this lame grifter sh*tshow makes them look?

What hurts both Maccagnan and Bowles even more (especially Maccagnan) is there's never been an interview or anything substantial where he's given the rationale behind picking a certain player. I cant remember anything over the last 4 years where Maccagnan said something that was worth anything. You cant have his record in the draft and continue to give the coach speak like answers. Has he learned from anything? Who knows. But  the "we liked his upside" and we "really liked him as a player" doesnt work anymore.