Why is Macagnan escaping the purge?

Philc1

Just now, TeddEY said:

So, the Browns have more talent, a better record, and a head to head win against the Jets, but the Jets are better.  Got it!

1. They dont have a better record. Counting ties is bullsh*t

2. Head to head wins mean sh*t too, so you lose there @Geyno

3. Their choice at HC will make or break them. Until I know what happens at HC for both teams I will keep the stance

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

3. Their choice at HC will make or break them. Until I know what happens at HC for both teams I will keep the stance

Go look at the Browns roster and then look at the Jets roster, then come back and try to explain how the Browns isn’t better.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

Go look at the Browns roster and then look at the Jets roster, then come back and try to explain how the Browns isn’t better.  

No they are more talented. But they were behind to begin with, prior to this year. Dorsey knocked this draft out of the park. But yet they have the same amount of wins as the Jets. 

So what does that mean? Head coach.

PLus JImmy Haslam and Woody Johnson basically cancel each other out. Both suck as owners

1 hour ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The NFL counts ties, whether or not you do.

And, head to head games don't matter?  Then, why do they play them?  Seems like we could save all the trouble and just award the Super Bowl to whomever you think is the best, and designate the draft order based on what you think, too!

5 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

& ownership rewarded him with an extension..

#ownership..

It wasn’t a extension to brag about, just like Bowles. it did show how indecisive and clueless the johnsons are though. If they have no problem eating the rest of their contracts, fine by me. Doesnt count toward the cap 

On 11/12/2018 at 2:05 PM, Philc1 said:

The Macagnan supporters are still there and still going strong.  Somehow a better coach would have us 10-0 with this garbage roster

You really think this caffeine freak (what good is all the coffee?  Guy can’t Pick his nose) has supporters?  They all have seeing eye dogs?

4 f**kin years, your Average Fantasy Football Whizkid geek could put together a roster that would bludgeon Maccagnan’s roster 99 times out of 100.

Such a joke.  I know Bowles is getting fired, he’s beyond incompetent and now everyone finally knows it, but so is Maccagnan.

They don’t fire him too, I’m finally done with this team.  I can’t take watching this guy make 1 more single solitary decision.  1 more year of Maccagnan results in the organization continuing to twist in the wind with only some other inept coach willing to take the job knowing it’ll probably be only a 1 year gig.  Too bad he was to busy drinking coffee to every see George Costanza “do the Opposite”.  Close to the worst “GM” I’ve ever seen, and I’ve been following football a long time.  I challenge ANYONE to articulate what this guy was thinking in terms of strategy over the last 4 years.  You KNOW you’re going to have to put in place some kind of potential Franchise QB, wouldn’t you start solidifying the Oline BEFORE that day comes?  Wouldn’t you try solidifying some of the skill positions to help the QB out, BEFORE that day comes?

4 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

It wasn’t a extension to brag about, just like Bowles. it did show how indecisive and clueless the johnsons are though. If they have no problem eating the rest of their contracts, fine by me. Doesnt count toward the cap 

But they do have a problem eating 2 cents, the guy is a miser.  He played a whole year without a Secondary pocketing the 20 mill under the cap he saved.  That 20 mill is a rounding adjustment to his Net Wealth.  Think he cares about the fans?  Playing without a Secondary the year before the heat got too much?  They gave Revis a stupid contract, but it also moved the dollars back to where the cap was.

The only way he’ll pay 2 GMs at the same time is if the heat gets turned up on Maccagnan too high.  Bowles he has no choice but to fire him at this point.  

On 11/12/2018 at 2:16 PM, Augustiniak said:

i'll also give him that he hasn't screwed up a first round pick yet.  he also signed bridgewater and flipped him for a 3rd round pick.  

i think it's important for darnold to play out the rest of the season, not just for him but for herndon, mcguire, cannon, burnett and any other of the offensive guys he's brought here (leggett) b/c mccagnan needs to be evaluated on these guys and hiding them in favor of guys like kearse and crowell is a classic bowles copout move that doesn't help anyone keep their jobs.

Bowles will ONLY play the Vets, as he always does, the last 6 games.  You know that.  This will destroy valuable time needed to do more evaluating.

Another idiotic reason he’s still in the job.  Then again Maccagnan might order him not to play his draft picks.  They wouldn’t let a 2nd Rd draft pick even see the field for 1 single play tying an NFL record.

Don’t the Johnson’s see how bad this lame grifter sh*tshow makes them look?

What hurts both Maccagnan and Bowles even more (especially Maccagnan) is there's never been an interview or anything substantial where he's given the rationale behind picking a certain player. I cant remember anything over the last 4 years where Maccagnan said something that was worth anything. You cant have his record in the draft and continue to give the coach speak like answers. Has he learned from anything? Who knows. But  the "we liked his upside" and we "really liked him as a player" doesnt work anymore.

38 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

What hurts both Maccagnan and Bowles even more (especially Maccagnan) is there's never been an interview or anything substantial where he's given the rationale behind picking a certain player. I cant remember anything over the last 4 years where Maccagnan said something that was worth anything. You cant have his record in the draft and continue to give the coach speak like answers. Has he learned from anything? Who knows. But  the "we liked his upside" and we "really liked him as a player" doesnt work anymore.

These people think Kansas City and the Rams are lighting the world on fire because of 'playcalling.' Of course the derpspeak sells and will continue to sell.

Think about Mac’s plan for a QB last year.  He wisely had plan A - kirk cousins and then plan B- scout the college QB’s a year early so he could make an informed move before the market heated up.  Mac is SMART. He is well thought out. He is not a youn Ozzie Newsome but the draft is a crapshoot and I think he has been learning and improving as a GM.

lets stop firing everybody all the time (except Bowes).  Keep MAC because he is at least competent and could be very good.  Give him one more year- he got Sam Darnold and he deserves that.

If the coach appeared competent but the players lacking, and the GM promised to improve and you thought it possible, then maybe you keep Mac.  

But Mac’s drafting was perhaps the worst in 2017, three years in.  And Bowles needs to go.  How do you attract a new coach if they have to work with Mac.  

Mac and Bowles need to go  

1 minute ago, David Harris said:

Think about Mac’s plan for a QB last year.  He wisely had plan A - kirk cousins and then plan B- scout the college QB’s a year early so he could make an informed move before the market heated up.  Mac is SMART. He is well thought out. He is not a youn Ozzie Newsome but the draft is a crapshoot and I think he has been learning and improving as a GM.

lets stop firing everybody all the time (except Bowes).  Keep MAC because he is at least competent and could be very good.  Give him one more year- he got Sam Darnold and he deserves that.

He has had way too many misses.  How many WR's has be brought to the team in 4 years?

How many pass rushers?  How many corners?  How many olineman?  How has he done in free agency?

He got his Qb but did virtually NOTHING to help him succeed before hand when he 100% knew that he was going to sooner or later have to draft a Qb after blowing it with Petty and Hackenburg.

He has had very poor results in his big money contracts, he has had way too many outright misses, he has stated that he has a plan but after 4 years this team has very little talent in the positions that matter.

I like the guy I like his demeanor, but as a scouting type of gm he has almost totally failed.

2 minutes ago, David Harris said:

But his picks are just.....not good. Outside the first round, has he found a true stand out player? 4 drafts: 28 picks and there’s barely anything to show for it. Not even great depth guys. 

Blowes is so bad, I'd be willing to at least see Macc have one year without him. It could just be that Macc is also terrible (lot of evidence suggests he is) but the stench from the coaching staff covers up his own. Who knows. Whole organization is a joke. It's depressing.

Archived