#1 reason Todd should have been fired

Joe Jets fan

The main reason he should have been fired now is so everyone could see how Bates would have operated the offense without him. 

No one knows if it is Bowles that is making the offense so terrible or is it Bates. 

This will never be known now. 

Morton got the boot for trying to run a mondern passing game.  

3 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

The main reason he should have been fired now is so everyone could see how Bates would have operated the offense without him. 

No one knows if it is Bowles that is making the offense so terrible or is it Bates. 

If Bates doesn’t have the balls to take control of the offense to protect his own career, he can get the hell out of here and go hike himself off a cliff!!!!

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

If Bates doesn’t have the balls to take control of the offense to protect his own career, he can get the hell out of here and go hike himself off a cliff!!!!

Or roll yourself off a cliff for all the Spencer Long fans out there.

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah , going rouge always ends well for a coordinator looking for another job

I don't know why it matters honestly. Bowles hired him, as his 3rd OC in 3 years. Bowles needs to go regardless. We need a new GM, a new HC, in the highly unlikely event that they want to bring Bates back, well, we are screwed anyway.

This is kind of like saying we need to raise the house so we can build a new house that is totally different, but we really need to paint the kitchen yellow to see what it looks like in yellow first.

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah , going rouge always ends well for a coordinator looking for another job

Not always but in a situation like this where the coach is surely being fired, he has to look out for himself and try to develop Sam, you know, the WHOLE POINT OF THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

14 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

The hell with Bates. He needs to get canned as well. 

The #1 reason why Bowles should be fired is because he should have been fired on black monday last year. 

21 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

A Bates/Shannahan Offense is USELESS without a running game, now shame on Bates for not adjusting the offense to account for the lack of running game, or Bowles for not allowing the offense to be opened up.

So far Morton/S Payton tree > Bates, Dennison/Shannahan tree, similar offenses, one spreads you out to run, and pass while the other wants to run it down your throat, and then spread out to pass.  

28 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

No one knows if it is Bowles that is making the offense so terrible or is it Bates

It’s mostly Mike Maccagnan. Go back and look at our drafts. Dude doesn’t believe that BLOCKING defensive players is important, among other massive failures on his part. Fire Bowles, Bates and everyone else. 

The main reason he should be fired is that he doesn't coach or even direct the coaches.

I've never seen him with photos in his hand gathering up players to discuss what's going on and figuring out what to do about it. 

I've never even seen him talking to coaches on the sidelines. He just stares into space. I looks like he has stage fright. 

I always assumed that he was doing this on purpose but who knows. Teams take on the coaches personality and the Jets seem to have stage fright too. 

41 minutes ago, Joe Jets fan said:

Is JB that stupid ? He must know bowles is gone, in large part of the offense he chose to run. JB is likely going with him, but if he had half a brain he would ignore Bowles just like Morton did.. Morton was right to ignore Bowles demands to run the O, Johnson’s fired the wrong guy

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Is JB that stupid ? He must know bowles is gone, in large part of the offense he chose to run. JB is likely going with him, but if he had half a brain he would ignore Bowles just like Morton did.. Morton was right to ignore Bowles demands to run the O, Johnson’s fired the wrong guy

I would have liked to see what Morton would have done with Darnold.   It’s incredible how so many coaches are helping their young QBs and how we do nothing.  Cleveland was smart enough to fire their head coach and now the QB is playing much better. 

2 hours ago, NoBowles said:

I don't know why it matters honestly. Bowles hired him, as his 3rd OC in 3 years. Bowles needs to go regardless. We need a new GM, a new HC, in the highly unlikely event that they want to bring Bates back, well, we are screwed anyway.

This is kind of like saying we need to raise the house so we can build a new house that is totally different, but we really need to paint the kitchen yellow to see what it looks like in yellow first.

When you have three different coordinators fail, it makes me wonder if they were given the reigns to run the offense. There is no way that Bates has a game plan of run into the offensive line twice and then pass when it's 3rd and long. If he does have that game plan, that is an even bigger indictment on Bowles for hiring a former QB coach who sucks at running an offense. 

2 hours ago, Saul Goodman said:

It’s mostly Mike Maccagnan. Go back and look at our drafts. Dude doesn’t believe that BLOCKING defensive players is important, among other massive failures on his part. Fire Bowles, Bates and everyone else. 

An awful game plan has nothing to do with the GM. Your job as a HC is give the team the best chance to win, regardless of their lack of talent. There is no creativity on offense. No adjustments. When you are consistently going 3 and out, throw your game plan out the window and dial up some new plays. An option pass, a double reverse, a flea flicker, a direct snap to a rb, ANYTHING OTHER THAN the predictable garbage that Bowles puts out there every week. 

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

The main reason he should be fired is that he doesn't coach or even direct the coaches.

I've never seen him with photos in his hand gathering up players to discuss what's going on and figuring out what to do about it. 

I've never even seen him talking to coaches on the sidelines. He just stares into space. I looks like he has stage fright. 

I always assumed that he was doing this on purpose but who knows. Teams take on the coaches personality and the Jets seem to have stage fright too. 

Like...he is a silent coach, he knows something we don’t.  Well...  he knows squat. He is so far up his arse......   

2 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I would have liked to see what Morton would have done with Darnold.   It’s incredible how so many coaches are helping their young QBs and how we do nothing.  Cleveland was smart enough to fire their head coach and now the QB is playing much better. 

15 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Not always but in a situation like this where the coach is surely being fired, he has to look out for himself and try to develop Sam, you know, the WHOLE POINT OF THIS SEASON!!!!!!!!!ARRRRGGGGHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't think Darnold, knowing that the current coaching staff is history,will pay attention to anyone but Mccnown. Why should he.

14 hours ago, TuscanyTile2 said:

We need a HC innovative enough to call plays like the "Halle Berry"

I'm watching this game.  The Rams are driving and have a 3rd down inside or close to the Seahawk's Red Zone. 30 secs left to the end of the 3rd quarter.  Play clock is set at 35.  Goff gets the team up to the line and tries to hard count the Seahawks into an offsides knowing he doesn't have to run a play.  It didn't work but I said to myself at the time, no way Bowles would have the game awareness to try this.

#1 Reason:

You just traded 3 picks for a franchise, generational QB. Do you trust the moronic coach to keep him healthy for next year? Imagine the horror of Sam suffering  a Wentz-like I jury behind this offensive offensive line before the season ends? That is a nightmare scenario that you’re going to put in the hands of a nitwit who doesn’t replace a center who almost got SD killed last week? 

Forget the unispirational presence Bowles is, forget the amount of times he’s botched time outs, inexplicably punted when all sanity and logic dictate not, the number of games he’s mismanaged, the amount of times the team comes out flat and shoots inself in the foot with penalties, lost his locker room (Gino broken jaw, Richardson/Marshall meltdown, Adams earlier this year), been outcoached on a weekly basis, been beaten by scrubs off the street/bench, not adjusted to anything thrown in front of him. Forget that he’s supposedly a defensive guru whose defense can’t stop anything at a critical juncture. Forget that he fires an OC every year and can’t find one that’s competent. Forget everything but this: If we lose Sam because the chicken s—t owners let an imbecile ride out the season, if you think things are ugly now, imagine next year with Bowles and McCown and the daily updates on how great it’ll be when Sam gets back.

Bowles has flunked HC.  Both his staff and the way he manages it is just terrible.  Firing Morton for someone less capable was his ultimate undoing. 

Mac similarly did not manage the GM machine well enough to keep that job.

But the biggest fault lies in the Johnsons for how they organized the reporting structure of the team and who they assigned decision making to.  Until they fix that, this team will be well below average, and no one credible will work for it.  

Until they fix the organization, I don't care if they fire Bowles or Mac.  It really does not matter.  Whomever they replace them with will be just as bad.  

I do actually believe that Bowles and Mac will resurface and look better than they did with the Jets.  Super Bowl?   Probably not, but better than this mess.  

2 minutes ago, varjet said:

I do actually believe that Bowles and Mac will resurface and look better than they did with the Jets.  Super Bowl?   Probably not, but better than this mess.  

That's what everyone said about Herm, Mangini and Rex. How did that work out? The Jets always hire never been HCs and GM's. They suck from the start and suck wherever they land a 2nd job. Bowles and Mac are hot garbage!!!! When we fire Bowles and if Mac is not right behind him, we are even bigger dumbasses than I thought. No worthy coach is coming here to team with Mac who will 100% be on the hot seat should he be retained.

What gives bates the right to run an NFL team? His exceptional job developing a journeyman qb who led our team to the 6th overall pick? Or the exceptional job the guy has done with our offense this season?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

58 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

What gives bates the right to run an NFL team? His exceptional job developing a journeyman qb who led our team to the 6th overall pick? Or the exceptional job the guy has done with our offense this season?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

I will say it again to be clear,

we don’t know if what’s happening with the offense is because of Bates!   We needed the last 6 games to see if it was Bowles controlling how the offense is run.  

Archived