The Pope calls for Arians to run the show

CanadienJetsFan

Francesa today is saying that Arians would be perfect for this team in so many levels. He’d step in as H.C., Bowles would run the defence and we’d all live happily ever after.

I’d love to see this come to fruition.

but I don’t see how Bowles would accept taking a back seat, even though Arians is his mentor.

what say you? 

9 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So we want a head coach to be okay with no longer being the head coach and assume that he wouldn't be disgruntled?

If anyone was okay with that, they should be fired because that is not the kind of guy you need.

Apparently.  As insane as that sounds.  lol

8 minutes ago, jetstream23 said:

BA is the Rex Ryan of offense.  Tough, attacking and innovative on that side of the ball.  I really like the guy but he's not going to step in for his former protege in Todd Bowles.  He's also older and has some health concerns.  Would love BA but it ain't going to happen.

Sad but true

3 minutes ago, Grandy said:

It doesn't take a genius to point out that Arians would be a great HC or us.

It also doesn’t take a fortune teller to point out that it isn’t happening lol.

Guy would never come out of retirement solely to take his best friend’s job. I’d love for Bruce to come here but....

We’ll probably have to go the rookie HC route again. I don’t think any notable successful/experienced guys like John Harbaugh would come to this mess. As someone mentioned ( I think @HessStation) we’ll just have to get lucky and hit on a guy that can make his own success here.

— jesus that felt empty and hopeless when typing.

I heard that and was thinking that his sauces are way off. TERRIBLE IDEA. You have to completely get rid of Bowles. Like wtf???? Arians can’t even handle a head coaching gig with all his health issues.

Consultant or part of a football front office is a different story. But Bowles staying?? I don’t even want Bowles to work the concession stands at MetLife. He needs to go!!!

36 minutes ago, Maxman said:

So we want a head coach to be okay with no longer being the head coach and assume that he wouldn't be disgruntled?

If anyone was okay with that, they should be fired because that is not the kind of guy you need.

I'd love to see Bowles disgruntled...even gruntled would be a nice change from apathetic. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Todd Bowles needs to be as far away from this team as remotely possible he has done damage that will take years to fix within the organization and to the fan base. 

The fact that people think Bowles is a defensive guru is unsubstantiated. Its easy to win with great players, but scheming with less talent putting them in the proper position to make plays is something Bowles can never do. We have seen for 4 solid years of under performing, underachieving never make a play defense when it matters under Bowles.

53 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Would people please stop calling Francessa the "Pope".   He's nothing but a narcissistic blow hard who enjoys nothing more than the sound of his own voice. Pope?  LOL.  The pope of hot air maybe,

It's meant in a mocking way.  He's incredibly self-important so they play it up as if he's the pope.

Archived