Props to Herm Edwards

GreenWhite

37 minutes ago, GreenWhite said:

ASU has clinched a bowl bid and is in the hunt for the Pac 12 South title. I don't think many thought Herm Edwards would ever have ASU in that position, let alone in his first year.

I actually thought Herm's more motivational approach would play well in a college environment.  Cheers to him and his team.

1 hour ago, Bocajetfan said:

Always thought Herm would make a very good College Coach. He is a motivator and that plays out big time with college kids.

Plays out better in today's NFL too - the NFL when Herm was coach? Not as much. But now, with Gen Z and Millenials and the notion of "you're a winner for trying" and "if it's too hard, try something new instead of working harder"... this would be perfect for a RAH RAH Herm

17 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Plays out better in today's NFL too - the NFL when Herm was coach? Not as much. But now, with Gen Z and Millenials and the notion of "you're a winner for trying" and "if it's too hard, try something new instead of working harder"... this would be perfect for a RAH RAH Herm

Not sure I agree as far as today’s NFL player maybe for players not getting big dollars but for those who got those big bonus dollars it’s the lure of more money that motivates them first then the sense of accomplishment a close 2nd. Money is always first though with todays young men. Just my observation of society today.

24 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Herms gonna pull a Pete Carroll and win in the college ranks , come back to the NFL and win it all.

Herm may feel he has some unfinished business in the NFL but age might play a factor. He is a few years younger than Pete but getting up there in years.mid sixties I believe.

2 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

ASU has clinched a bowl bid and is in the hunt for the Pac 12 South title. I don't think many thought Herm Edwards would ever have ASU in that position, let alone in his first year.

Hate on Herm Edwards as much as anyone wants ....He is 10X the HC Bowles is and it is not even close.......

2 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

Always thought Herm would make a very good College Coach. He is a motivator and that plays out big time with college kids.

Same here.  College is his calling.  He's a master motivator, great communicator and a good enough X's and O's guy for college (but not quite the Pros).  He'll also be a fantastic recruiter here at ASU.  He's a father figure to these kids and parents will want to send the kids to play for him knowing that they'll keep their heads on straight.

4 hours ago, GreenWhite said:

Herman Edwards with win a National Championship as HC of ASU.

There, I said it.

10 hours ago, Bocajetfan said:

I also thought Herm was better suited for college

And while he wasn’t good in the nfl he’s only 50x better than Bowles

15 minutes ago, rangerous said:

maybe but he also made the playoffs and who knows if chaddy wasn't such a china doll.  plus he didn't go through coaches like bowles has done.

he may be coaching very well now.  guys get better.  BB did. But he made lousy sideline decisions and challenges and had to hire a clown to help him with clock management back then.  

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

he may be coaching very well now.  guys get better.  BB did. But he made lousy sideline decisions and challenges and had to hire a clown to help him with clock management back then.  

yep dick curl or was it some other guy.  but we have also seen bad clock management from rex and bowles.  and when was the last time they ever ran a two minute drill or hurry up offense?

1 minute ago, rangerous said:

yep dick curl or was it some other guy.  but we have also seen bad clock management from rex and bowles.  and when was the last time they ever ran a two minute drill or hurry up offense?

All true.  Plodder coaches.  The only risks Rex took were on D.  Insane blitzes that gave up easy TDs.

Archived