Want to be absolutely livid tonight? Look no further.

Patriot Killa

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I’ve heard Manish on a couple couple different podcasts. He’s trolling you while at the same time winning at his creepy job by inciting you. Every one of these “**** Mehta” threads based on his dumb articles gives him a lonely fistpump to self.

I imagine Mehta talks to himself in the third person when he’s feeling proud, too.

”Hot damn Mehta, you did it again.”

260CD069-316C-455C-867E-C9E55F19F015.jpeg

FF429CFC-A4D3-484D-BE59-556374CDC7AE.jpeg

6 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

RJF takes lots of breaks. He's consumed every book, movie and album from the past 100 years, and written a dissertation on every single one of them. He's a golden gloves boxer, a weight lifter, a mountaineer, he's donated both kidneys to Ling-Ling the Panda, and he spends all day, every day posting on JN for the past ~10 years.

I actually haven't seen any of the Harry Potter or Hunger Games movies.

47 minutes ago, Better2bgreenthanblue said:

If they wont fire Bowles than fire a player, how about Kearse? Dude quit 3-4 games ago. Need to set an example for the young guys. sh*tty attitude, alligator arming, standing outofbounsin losers dont deserve a roster spot.

I don’t think Kearse quit he’s just not good

9 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Mehta: Why not firing Todd Bowles mid-season is right call (simmer down, Jets fans)

Woody and Christopher Johnson made a shrewd and smart decision Monday to refuse to give into an angry mob looking for a pound of flesh.

The Daily News first reported that embattled Jets head coach Todd Bowles is expected to stick around for the rest of this disappointing season.

Ownership will evaluate everything by season’s end as they intended all along. Although it’s tempting to give into emotion and impulse, the Johnson brothers have chosen the proper path given all the dynamics at play.

There are myriad reasons why I don’t think it make sense to fire Bowles with six games left.

First things first: The fans don’t run this organization.

Rightly or wrongly, there’s a feeling in league circles that Jets ownership has been too swayed by frustrated – and sometimes illogical — fans in the past. General managers, front office executives, coaches, players, agents, head coaching candidates and general manager candidates have told me through the years that that perception has shaped their opinion of the organization.

Christopher Johnson has helped bring a rationale and measured edge to the franchise in the past year and a half. It’s naïve to believe that Woody Johnson, serving as the UK Ambassador for the Trump Administration, isn’t in the loop for major decisions, but his brother has taken a decidedly mature approach on big-picture decisions.

You don’t need to be a mind reader to know that everyone is frustrated over the current state of affairs on One Jets Drive. There are culprits far and wide that got this team to 3-7 entering the bye week.

Bowles, who signed an extension last December through 2020, hasn’t been good enough. General manager Mike Maccagnan, who signed an extension last December through 2020, hasn’t been good enough. The rest of the coaches haven’t been good enough. The players haven’t been good enough.

It’s unfair to blame one person, because it takes far more than one person to induce this kind of headache. But the head coach is ultimately responsible for the product on the field. It’s not necessarily fair, but this is a cut-throat business where fairness ranks 101st on the Top 100 List of things that matter.

Do the Jets need talent upgrades at about seven different starting positions? Yes.

Did Maccagnan whiff on way too many premium-round picks (first three rounds)? Yes.

Has Maccagnan distinguished himself as a scout who can unearth late-round gems in the draft? No.

Will any of that ultimately help Bowles’ case on Black Monday? No.

The Johnsons have not fired a head coach in-season since buying the team in 2000. There’s a ripple effect that will do more harm than good if they did it this time.

Fans out for blood don’t understand or care about the deleterious ramifications that an in-season firing will have on this team for the final seven weeks.

"It’s not my first rodeo,” Bowles said about the booing and venom from fans at MetLife Stadium on Sunday. “When you win games. People cheer. When you lose games, people boo. I get it. It’s part of sports."

Those fans want Bowles out right now, but what would that actually accomplish?

Getting rid of him during the bye week would be nothing more than a public relations move that would satiate fans, who aren’t exactly going to be energized by the interim head coach for the final six games anyway.

I’m sure there were a litany of factors that were considered before keeping Bowles.

Firing him now could adversely affect this young team and create unneeded chaos.

Team leaders repeated their belief in Bowles after Sunday’s embarrassing 41-10 loss to the Bills. It’s fair to think that players will try to rally around Bowles after the bye week and down the stretch.

One source told me that “it’s a foregone conclusion” that Bowles will not be coaching the team in 2019, but something good could be salvaged by the players with a strong finish. Pulling the plug on Bowles now might prompt the younger players that believe in their head coach to shut it down.

There’s also no good reason to create additional in-season disruption for Sam Darnold. One of the primary goals for this season was to help cultivate Darnold’s prodigious talent. So, getting rid of offensive coordinator Jeremy Bates would impact Darnold in the wrong way. Remember: Bates is also the quarterbacks coach.

Bowles admitted Monday that he will be “reevaluating everything as the days go by,” including staff and/or play-caller changes. Bowles is the primary defensive play-caller, so moving on from him would inevitably make the defense worse.

Another reason why keeping Bowles the rest of the way made sense: There’s not a slam-dunk interim replacement. There is nobody on the staff with prior NFL head coaching experience. Wide receivers coach Karl Dorrell (college head coaching experience) and offensive line coach/run-game coordinator Rick Dennison (offensive coordinator four different times) would have been the two top options.

In some ways, Bowles got a raw deal given that he hasn’t exactly been stocked with talent on his roster.

There are swings and misses all over Maccagnan’s drafts. Some of that is a product of the GM’s poor evaluations. Some of that is the GM giving in to the coaches’ preferences.

The bottom line: The Jets brought in players who were ultimately cut and couldn’t even stick on other teams’ rosters (see: Christian Hackenberg, Devin Smith, Lorenzo Mauldin, ArDarius Stewart, Chad Hansen, etc).

In other ways, there’s no excuse for not being competitive against one of the most horrific offenses of this generation on Sunday.

Rationale people knew that the Jets would experience growing pains with a 21-year-old rookie quarterback, but the team’s inconsistency has been maddening. Bowles had a 16-year veteran quarterback on Sunday, but the offense still stunk.

And his defense got embarrassed by Matt Freakin’ Barkley. Something different seems to crop up virtually every week.

The weekly preparation has been solid, but the inability to adjust to new wrinkles from opponents on gamedays has been a fair and legitimate criticism.

Everyone shares the blame for what has happened this season, but everyone isn’t getting fired.

Christopher Johnson has repeatedly said that he will evaluate the team’s progress by development of the younger players rather than the team’s record. He’s been patient and fair at a time when his paying customers wanted him to give into impulse. He wisely did not.

Seven more weeks remain in his evaluation. Bowles’ fate seems inevitable, but pulling the plug now never made sense.

they don't run it. they just pay for it.

the Jets do not have a coach right now.  at least nobody this team of drag-asses is listening to.  bring in someone who can threaten them with being cut at year's end.  TB is not cutting anybody.  TB has no authority.  Do you want anarchy for the rest of the year?

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Kearse has retired, he just hasn't told anyone so he's still getting an annuity.

But Kearse was never actually a good player.  He’s had some clutch plays in his career but he’s never even been a top 25  slot receiver 

Jets could have signed Jarvis Landry but Macagnan gave $75 million to Trumaine Johnson instead who doesn’t even play and when he does he gets beat by practice squad scrubs 

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

I feel like he definitely reads this board. He took several posts from our threads WORD FOR WORD for this article.

including mine.

maneesh is a moron.  the keys words are "There are swings and misses all over Maccagnan’s drafts. Some of that is a product of the GM’s poor evaluations. Some of that is the GM giving in to the coaches’ preferences."   so bowles does have some real input on the guys mac drafts.  hmm...is that the reason why all the draft capital is spent on defense? Bowles cooked this stew and now he's cooking in it.  keeping him around for the last few games proves nothing.

26 minutes ago, rangerous said:

maneesh is a moron.  the keys words are "There are swings and misses all over Maccagnan’s drafts. Some of that is a product of the GM’s poor evaluations. Some of that is the GM giving in to the coaches’ preferences."   so bowles does have some real input on the guys mac drafts.  hmm...is that the reason why all the draft capital is spent on defense? Bowles cooked this stew and now he's cooking in it.  keeping him around for the last few games proves nothing.

So now it comes out. Adams is a very good player,but taking him over Mahomes or Watson was criminal. And then to draft Maye (again a decent starter when he has been healthy) with this OL is simply disgraceful. And on that draft day Ol'Todd was smiling ear to ear. 

10 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

I had the same problem with Hemingway, when he was sober, for a while, but then I was like bro, quit coppin my steeze. He apologized and explained he couldn't write sober. Problem solved. Two birds. One stone.

dont worry...mark78...

he's bad at parties

43 minutes ago, Bugg said:

So now it comes out. Adams is a very good player,but taking him over Mahomes or Watson was criminal. And then to draft Maye (again a decent starter when he has been healthy) with this OL is simply disgraceful. And on that draft day Ol'Todd was smiling ear to ear. 

i think there was a general concensus that mac was out there picking the best player available when he was actually feeding bowles what he wanted.  on this note what couch wouldn't want a gm who gets him the players he wants.  parcells left the patsies because he wasn't shopping for the groceries.  bowles made this stew.  now he's being cooked in it.

btw, i know mahommes is doing extremely well for kc but that doesn't mean he would be doing so well if drafted by the jets.  i'm pretty satisfied by darnold.

11 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Do the Jets need talent upgrades at about seven different starting positions? Yes.

Did Maccagnan whiff on way too many premium-round picks (first three rounds)? Yes.

Has Maccagnan distinguished himself as a scout who can unearth late-round gems in the draft? No.

Will any of that ultimately help Bowles’ case on Black Monday? No.

I agree that firing Bowles now accomplishes nothing, but firing just Bowles at the end of the season doesn't accomplish enough. Mac is the bigger problem. Keeping Mac and letting him hire his own coach or, worse, having the owner hire another head coach and keeping the same front office structure would be a disaster and a squandering of Darnold's potential. 

They need to leverage Sam Darnold, $100M in cap space, a high pick, and a fat offer into a competent management team. 

how can this defense get worse 41 point to the Bills so for not getting rid of Bowles  defense argument is crap, keep bates if you want continuity for Sam you do not need bowles for that....

Pulling the plug now on Bowles makes sense because it sends a message poor play and lack of effort will not be allowed or accepted. As far as the team regressing is Metha even watching the same games we are we should be 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 with a coach so this whole lack of talent is a wash because coaching lost the browns game the bills game and the fins game. 3 games right there where bowles crapped the bed and gave a piss poor performance calling the wrong defense and not adjusting in game and poor preparation.

47 minutes ago, slats said:

I agree that firing Bowles now accomplishes nothing, but firing just Bowles at the end of the season doesn't accomplish enough. Mac is the bigger problem. Keeping Mac and letting him hire his own coach or, worse, having the owner hire another head coach and keeping the same front office structure would be a disaster and a squandering of Darnold's potential. 

They need to leverage Sam Darnold, $100M in cap space, a high pick, and a fat offer into a competent management team. 

Mike Maccagnan must go there is no ifs ands or buts this team was built by him he controls the roster. 

I don't trust him drafting another player and I don't trust him signing free agents. 

Clean house new GM and new HC it will instantly improve this team. 

Give Sam a decent front 4 and a couple go to receivers and he will soar. I think he’s doing ok considering he currently has neither, he’s a rookie and just 21 years old. I can’t imagine one of my sons at 21 doing what he’s doing.

Archived