John Harbaugh

KRL

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Out of curiosity anyone know why Pete Carmichael of the Saints is never mentioned as a HC candidate?  Is it just assumed that Payton does everything and he's a clipboard holder?  Forgetting it's Brees for a sec, that team has done a great job finding and developing skill position talent... 

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Proven how?  Fisher sucked in Tennessee once McNair got old and injured

Yeah, and the Ravens haven't won 10 games since 2014.....  

Harbaugh took over the Ravens in 2008. In 2006, the Ravens won 13 games. The Ravens are a really good franchise and Harbaugh was a special teams coach. I don't see how Harbaugh has proven himself to be a great football coach or someone that will get the most out of Darnold. If anything, he will come in and rely on Ravens strategy of winning with defense and running the ball. 

You guys all fall in love with the big names. Let's be innovative and not recycle someone else's unwanted Head Coac. If Harbaugh was that amazing, the Ravens wouldn't let him go. The Ravens know what they are doing. They wouldn't let him go if they thought he was a great coach. 

7 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Harbaugh took over the Ravens in 2008. In 2006, the Ravens won 13 games. The Ravens are a really good franchise and Harbaugh was a special teams coach. I don't see how Harbaugh has proven himself to be a great football coach or someone that will get the most out of Darnold. If anything, he will come in and rely on Ravens strategy of winning with defense and running the ball. 

You guys all fall in love with the big names. Let's be innovative and not recycle someone else's unwanted Head Coac. If Harbaugh was that amazing, the Ravens wouldn't let him go. The Ravens know what they are doing. They wouldn't let him go if they thought he was a great coach. 

The Steelers & Bengals have been pretty damn good the last 5 years. Much better than the Dolphins/Jets/Buffalo. Winning 10 games aint easy in a tough division. Over the last 5 years the Steelers overall record is 53-27 & the Bengals is 46-32-1

Now go look at the Jets/Dolphins & Bills records during those 5 years. 

Fall in love with big names? How about fall in love with the most competent HC since Parcells? Especially if Darnold is the real deal.

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

The Steelers & Bengals have been pretty damn good the last 5 years. Much better than the Dolphins/Jets/Buffalo. Winning 10 games aint easy in a tough division. Over the last 5 years the Steelers overall record is 53-27 & the Bengals is 46-32-1

Now go look at the Jets/Dolphins & Bills records during those 5 years. 

Fall in love with big names? How about fall in love with the most competent HC since Parcells? Especially if Darnold is the real deal.

Harbaugh isn't in the same league as Parcells. How about we don't settle for "competent" and go for dynamic/innovative. 

• I think we need to think about who is going to be available for the Jets to hire given that Bowles is now broken.  
  • Rex would be fine as the Jets'/Harbaugh's DC.  I think he would do a good job.  He always gave his all to game planning.  He just could not manage the entire team.
  • But Harbaugh as a HC has not figured out how to cultivate the offensive side.  That is why offensive coaches are HCs-because you need to make them that.  The Steelers (no surprise) have been able to have a good OC while having a defensive HC.  It is not easy.
  • The Ravens must be salivating over the opportunity to trade Harbaugh to another team.  They are not firing him.  
  • All that being said, Harbaugh is a real executive.  He is the Anti-Bowles.  

5 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I remember hearing people say the same thing about Jeff Fischer signing with the Rams. The dude was a proven commodity. Took a team to within inches of a SB win. How'd that work out for the Rams?  

Literally the only coaching move that has worked out for this franchise in 50 years was Bill Parcells. Every single other one was a complete disaster, yet some people somehow want to continue on that path.

4 minutes ago, JetPotato said:

Literally the only coaching move that has worked out for this franchise in 50 years was Bill Parcells. Every single other one was a complete disaster, yet some people somehow want to continue on that path.

There is no right and wrong formula. For every successful Parcells there's a failed Shanahan. Some retreads succeed (Belichick) while others fail. OC's succeed (McVay) and fail (Triestman). DC's succeed (Tomlin) and fail (Bowles). I don't think you can make a blanket statement on what works and what doesn't...

3 hours ago, Joe W. Namath said:

We already have a coach who is clueless on offense and coaches like its still 1985.

Why in the world would anyone want harbaugh as coach?

Totally agree. He is near the bottom of my list. We need a progressive thinker, with experienced QB development assistants for this team. Nothing else is acceptable in my view. No to either Harbaugh, Schwartz, Fisher, Fox, etc....stop the madness

9 minutes ago, peekskill68 said:

There is no right and wrong formula. For every successful Parcells there's a failed Shanahan. Some retreads succeed (Belichick) while others fail. OC's succeed (McVay) and fail (Triestman). DC's succeed (Tomlin) and fail (Bowles). I don't think you can make a blanket statement on what works and what doesn't...

I think it's safe to say that if the Jets do it, it won't work

10 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Any experienced HC, like Harbaugh, would probably insist on the power to overrule Mac on personnel decisions.

For John Harbaugh to come here would almost certainly mean Maccagnan if retained becomes something like scouting/personnel director, no matter what his title is. 

Awesome response. Thank you. I’m really starting to warm up to the idea. I’m wondering who we will bring in to QB coach because that’s going to be very important too. Getting Tyrell Williams and Le’Veon Bell would really really give a new Offensive mind some weapons to get creative with. I’m fearing Bell will stay away from us though even if we do shell out huge money. But we definitely can give a offensive minded guy plenty to work with if we spend well next FA and I think we definitely will.

He's definitely coming from a great tree.

I want someone that can get spread concepts and attack the defense vertically in three different areas.

For example, look at what the Bears are doing on offense. They have Allen Robinson and Trey Burton that can catch in traffic. They have Anthony Miller, Taylor Gabriel as slant/speed guys. Then have Cohen out of the backfield. Force defenses into an uncomfortable match up.

They have an OC that understands the system but also personnel.

The Jets have neither right now because the team seems to only care about defensive fits.

One of the big reasons why the Giants get killed for the Barkley pick is because they were set up perfectly. Darnold with OBJ, Shepard, Ingram, and a pass catching RB is an offense set up for the next decade. Barkley is great, but imagine signing Bell with Eli off the book next year or something. That's a roster that was constructed for the new age of offense, that took a major wrong turn because Eli is too powerful.

If we're assuming LaFleur or an offensive guy coming on board, we need to sign a receiver big time. I like Crowder the best because he can be reliable slant/speed guy with Anderson. Enunwa can be one pair of the inside receivers but they'll need to find another guy. Maybe Herndon is the guy much like Burton.

On 11/12/2018 at 9:19 PM, Thai Jet said:

Pass  , No one fears the Ravens O .

Pretty sure they fear the ravens teama while lot than anything we have put on the field for years, and that's with ******* flaco at QB. Yes yes yes to getting this guy as our coach. A real coach who knows what's he is doing.

19 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

my feeling is that Harbaugh is worn out, not open to new ideas, and just a little overrated--maybe a lot

On 11/13/2018 at 1:05 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

He’s not just a big name he’s a good coach. He’s a big name because he’s won a Super Bowl and owned the Patriots in the playoffs.  Ravens went 9-7 last year with so so talent that’s better than our 5-11 that Woody and Chrissy were celebrating 

12 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

He’s not just a big name he’s a good coach. He’s a big name because he’s won a Super Bowl and owned the Patriots in the playoffs.  Ravens went 9-7 last year with so so talent that’s better than our 5-11 that Woody and Chrissy were celebrating 

Totally agree. People who don't watch the Ravens much don't understand just how deficient Flacco is.  Don't take it from me. Take from a Joe Flacco supporter who lists his 10 weaknesses http://bibleoutlines.com/blog/top-ten-weaknesses-of-ravens-qb-joe-flacco/   The bottom line is that Joe Flacco lacks the qualities of a really good QB. Despite this, Harbaugh has found ways for Flacco to have success. The changing of OC's is more related to Harbaugh finding OC's who can cater to Flacco's strengths than anything else. Regardless under Harbaugh Flacco has had success to the tune of a 61.7%, 38,245 yds, and 212 tds. If John Harbaugh can get this kind of productions out of Joe Flacco, the sky is the limit with Darnold. 

Archived