Sign in to follow this  
Lupz27

Hopeful situation, New HC Jim Schwartz, OC Scott Linehan, and Todd Downing QB Coach/assistant OC in training

Rate this topic

First Schwartz isn’t your typical Defensive HC, when he coached the Lions he drafted, and developed Matt Stafford with the help of Linehan, and Downing who showed up 2011, and that was the start of Staffords rise as a very good QB throwing for an average of 4855 yards the 3 years these 3 coaches held these positions including a 5000 yard season, and also under Schwartz those final 3 years Stafford threw the most passes in the entire NFL.

Downing is credited with getting the best out of Stafford, and also he is the one who coached David Carr in 2015-16, big flop as OC in 2017 though.

Linehan seems to be on the outs in Dallas, things were peachy 2 years ago when Linehan was running the 13-3 show with 2 rookies at QB, and RB.

I mean if these guys can develop Stafford, and Get the best from Carr, AND the Jets get Schwartz Defensive scheme where do I sign!

Schwartz is the most likely to succeed like Belicheck during his 2nd stint as HC IMO, and is very aware of the importance of aggression on both offense and defense.

1 minute ago, Lupz27 said:

Wish

Sorry man, I saw the headline, but no post details...  I was praying it was true 😀

Yeah, this is a guy who had his Bills defensive players carry him off the field, hoisted on their shoulders, after a win against the Lions in their own stadium; like the Lions were the a**holes for firing him after 1 winning season in 5 years. And the dude wasn't even the HC in Buffalo, yet he needed to make that win about himself. Don't know about you all, but I'm not keen on going back to that Rex Ryan-esque, ego-maniacal, circus-like mentality, just because Bowles is an alien from Invasion of the Body Snatchers. No thanks.

14 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would be okay with a college coach. The most important thing is innovation. The league is changing, the game has changed. Time for the Jets to catch up. 

You know that even if we did catch up, we'd just end up dropping it anyway.

41 minutes ago, Maxman said:

I would be okay with a college coach. The most important thing is innovation. The league is changing, the game has changed. Time for the Jets to catch up.

Stafford under Schwartz threw for 5000 yards his 3rd season, they had to be doing something innovative to reach that.

15 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

First Schwartz isn’t your typical Defensive HC, when he coached the Lions he drafted, and developed Matt Stafford with the help of Linehan, and Downing who showed up 2011, and that was the start of Staffords rise as a very good QB throwing for an average of 4855 yards the 3 years these 3 coaches held these positions including a 5000 yard season, and also under Schwartz those final 3 years Stafford threw the most passes in the entire NFL.

Downing is credited with getting the best out of Stafford, and also he is the one who coached David Carr in 2015-16, big flop as OC in 2017 though.

Linehan seems to be on the outs in Dallas, things were peachy 2 years ago when Linehan was running the 13-3 show with 2 rookies at QB, and RB.

I mean if these guys can develop Stafford, and Get the best from Carr, AND the Jets get Schwartz Defensive scheme where do I sign!

Schwartz is the most likely to succeed like Belicheck during his 2nd stint as HC IMO, and is very aware of the importance of aggression on both offense and defense.

I'd TOTALLY bye into Schwartz . He's a terrific coach and, IMO, deserves another shot as a HC.

7 hours ago, Untouchable said:

As a DC I’d take his ass in a heartbeat.

As a HC...I think he’s one of those dudes like Todd Haley that just rubs people the wrong way.

Go get Mike Shanahan or one of the Harbaugh boys. 

No thank you to Jim.

15 hours ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, this is a guy who had his Bills defensive players carry him off the field, hoisted on their shoulders, after a win against the Lions in their own stadium; like the Lions were the a**holes for firing him after 1 winning season in 5 years. And the dude wasn't even the HC in Buffalo, yet he needed to make that win about himself. Don't know about you all, but I'm not keen on going back to that Rex Ryan-esque, ego-maniacal, circus-like mentality, just because Bowles is an alien from Invasion of the Body Snatchers. No thanks.

:rl:  Good one

You see a lot more guys who are good DC’s but crappy HC’s than good OC’s but crappy HC’s. Not that an OC is a lock to be good but, sans McDaniels who will get another shot, how often does an OC flop as a HC and then emerge as a good offensive mind again?

Add in the need to develop Darnold and the offensive direction the league is going - new HC has to be an offensive guy IMO. Then hire one of those awesome DC’s, just as a DC, and let him run the show on that side of the ball.

2 hours ago, derp said:

You see a lot more guys who are good DC’s but crappy HC’s than good OC’s but crappy HC’s. Not that an OC is a lock to be good but, sans McDaniels who will get another shot, how often does an OC flop as a HC and then emerge as a good offensive mind again?

Add in the need to develop Darnold and the offensive direction the league is going - new HC has to be an offensive guy IMO. Then hire one of those awesome DC’s, just as a DC, and let him run the show on that side of the ball.

Norv Turner, Ken Whisenhunt, Hue Jackson off the top of my head.

Not a bad plan, but I still think they need to go for an offensive head coach, unless it’s John harbaugh (although he doesn’t have a great track record of offensive coordinators) An offensive HC can take ownership of that side of the ball and develop darnold accordingly.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

18 hours ago, Maxman said:

Hell yeah Boss! We need a coach that’s not afraid to be offensive. 

55 minutes ago, Joejet said:

Norv Turner, Ken Whisenhunt, Hue Jackson off the top of my head.

I’ll give you Norv. Maybe Whisenhunt. I don’t think he’s in the Schwartz, Phillips, etc tier as a coordinator. Maybe. I think it’s more necessary to have baseline talent on offense than defense.

2 minutes ago, derp said:

I’ll give you Norv. Maybe Whisenhunt. I don’t think he’s in the Schwartz, Phillips, etc tier as a coordinator. Maybe. I think it’s more necessary to have baseline talent on offense than defense.

I agree with you there, I think positional talent is more important for offense than defense.  You can scheme defense with less talent.  The good offensive coordinators though can scheme players open though.  I kind of knew I was reaching with Hue but I thought what to hell.  Whisenhunt though has had good numbers at every stop.

1 minute ago, Joejet said:

I agree with you there, I think positional talent is more important for offense than defense.  You can scheme defense with less talent.  The good offensive coordinators though can scheme players open though.  I kind of knew I was reaching with Hue but I thought what to hell.  Whisenhunt though has had good numbers at every stop.

I guess that was more the underlying point. Easier to scheme defense. Offense needs more talent and development - but maybe it’s really talent. All about Darnold.