If the JETS win against the PATS.

Thinker

20 minutes ago, RJIII said:

At this point you’re screwing up your draft choice by winning. Just like the Giants did last night. Sadly, winning does hurts us at this point.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

From everything I read, this is a defense heavy draft, especially  at pass rusher.  As much as I would love a pass rusher, I would love a draft stacked with OL right now. I really don't  think draft position helps us a whole lot this year

1 minute ago, More Cowbell said:

From everything I read, this is a defense heavy draft, especially  at pass rusher.  As much as I would love a pass rusher, I would love a draft stacked with OL right now. I really don't  think draft position helps us a whole lot this year

It helps if we finally do the right thing and TRADE DOWN. We need to recoup our 2nd rounder or a few picks between rounds 2-4. The whole offense needs to be rebuild except QB. 

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It helps if we finally do the right thing and TRADE DOWN. We need to recoup our 2nd rounder or a few picks between rounds 2-4. The whole offense needs to be rebuild except QB. 

If there is what is thought to be a cant miss edge player available and the Jets traded down, I think you would see about as close as can be to a riot on this message board

I just don’t see the Jets giving the Cheaters a game. They are characteristically bad after a bye week. Currently 1-4 the last 5 years after the bye week. Plus the Cheats are usually on a mission after a beat down week that they had last week. It would take a miracle the magnitude of Moses parting the Red Sea to get a victory.

6 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

If there is what is thought to be a cant miss edge player available and the Jets traded down, I think you would see about as close as can be to a riot on this message board

I don’t think so. I think people would be thrilled with finally getting extra picks in a blockbuster trade down and filling multiple holes on offense. 

Can the Jets win?  Of course they can.  Divisional opponent and the Pats are not as good as they usually are.

Do I think the Jets will win?  Of course not.  

Will it change my mind either way about Bowles?  Absolutely not unless he wins all of the remaining games on the schedule then you may perhaps change my mind.  MAYBE!

10 minutes ago, More Cowbell said:

We cannot trade down no way no how we need to stay put at whatever pick we get 1-5 and pick the best player available preferably offense unless of course that edge rusher is there then we have some strategic thinking to do. 

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

We cannot trade down no way no how we need to stay put at whatever pick we get 1-5 and pick the best player available preferably offense unless of course that edge rusher is there then we have some strategic thinking to do. 

Nick Bosa or Josh Allen please

46 minutes ago, Barry McCockinner said:

Honestly that percentage is too low. It's taking into account performances against the Broncos and Colts where calculating our FPI ratings.

11 hours ago, Thinker said:

I know I’ll be hammered for even suggesting this, but if we push Brady around and Sam has 400 yds, would you change your mind on Bowles.

What if they lose a home game by 31 points to one of the worst teams in the NFL who is starting a 4th string QB?  Should we change our opinion on Bowles after we were down on him about the colossal sh!tshow the team was in Miami?

So rude to call me names, I didn’t not say they will win, I said IF they win, there is a chance, even if it’s 5% chance, but there is still a chance the Jets win against PATS.

I think that’s why you fire Bowles Midseason, if he wins now, ownership will have a hard time firing him.

3 hours ago, More Cowbell said:

hard to get a FA pass rusher.  the draft is the way.  Buy linemen.  

But they can be pretty hard to buy too.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/13/2018 at 10:54 AM, Barry McCockinner said:

The Jets have a void of talent all over the roster. Having the #1 pick can be very valuable in trade equity and there are almost always teams wanting to move up.

Not this year. It’s a lousy draft for QBs and not a lot of teams need one.

On 11/12/2018 at 11:53 PM, Thinker said:

I know I’ll be hammered for even suggesting this, but if we push Brady around and Sam has 400 yds, would you change your mind on Bowles.

Yes, I'd be the first to say he's not the worse HC in the world. But I'd still want him out ASAP.

One thing I keep thinking about is an ideal draft position nets us either a top LT or WR which are the biggest needs on O to help Darnold. I really would hate to see us again sitting at 4-6 and the BAP is like a DT or larger DE like Leo and not being able to trade down. If that does happen I don't care if it is a little bit of a reach, but the pick should still be best available OT, WR, or C, as long as they are ranked close to our draft position in round 1. So, to me winning a few games and dropping to 7-10 in round 1 might be better to let us get down further in round 1 to get the help on O. I really think we need the help on O even over the best pass rushers. Our pass rush was good for a reason 4 games ago because the D wasn't so worn out then and would not be now and still would be getting to QBs pretty well if it weren't for 4000 three and outs during that timeframe.

Archived