Admit You Were Dead Wrong

Losmeister

11 hours ago, JiF said:

Cant hate on Joshy because this stupid regime thought he was worth 10 mil to play madden with Darnold.

Todd said he's the best player he's ever coached.  There wasnt a day in time where Joshy wasnt their #1 priority signing this offseason.  This is no different than, Fitz is our starter.  Todd, is a moron.  Nice guy, total moron.

I keep hearing he’s a “nice guy”, I’ve heard him come off as arrogant multiple times.  That’s usually not a trait of “nice guys”.  Also “nice guys” don’t throw tons of people under the bus.  That’s what he does with most of his assistants EVERY year, needs scapegoats for another awful “way over his head as an nfl coach” performance.

Also, he’s not too bright, I say that because he’s out coached in virtually EVERY game, yet now I’m hearing how “smart” he is.

Enough.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

The mentoring thing is one of the most over-rated, over-blown concepts in football.  What Sam needed was a QB coach, not a back up QB acting like one.  

He needs a HC who knows what a nfl offense looks like, a OC who knows how to draw up O plays Better then he elk hunts, a gm who is not an idiot who thinks a bunch of 6th round picks and scrub signings is sufficient for an OL for a rookie qb. Laugh at the fans who said “ zone blocking “ would shield the weakness of the OL?..

McCown has been the only positive influence for Sam, that is sad. He does deserve a lot more 

57 minutes ago, GREENBEAN said:

My thoughts on this whole situation is “who cares?”
Josh has been very helpful to Sam. That’s undeniable but it is it worth $10 mil on a year when we have boat loads of unspent cap space? Who cares?

Can josh come in and play well in sams absense in a year we’re not going to do anything? Who cares?

I can go on but really... who cares?

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Exactly.. we have plenty of $$ unused cap, McCown is nothing to do with next yrs cap. It is not like Mac would have signed a real OLimeman if he had not signed McCown. Number 2 Backups do not make less than 6 mil, so wow we really overspent on 1 and reason why we are so bad ?

Exactly.. we have plenty of $$ unused cap, McCown is nothing to do with next yrs cap. It is not like Mac would have signed a real OLimeman if he had not signed McCown. Number 2 Backups do not make less than 6 mil, so wow we really overspent on 1 and reason why we are so bad

Right. It’s just fodder for the complaint department. There is plenty of good meat on the bone to have a real problem with. The whole McCown subject is near the bottom of the barrel if not the least important. It wound be one thing if we couldn’t pay the stud OL guy because of the money spent on mccown like you said, but that’s not the case.

Now cutting Pryor? lol

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

16 hours ago, dbatesman said:

No, I am most emphatically not saying that. I said "giving McCown $10 million was dumb." You said "who should we have given it to instead?" I said "Allen Robinson." You said "lol what about Cooks and Graham," which seemed weird at the time and if anything seems weirder now. Frankly, I've completely lost the thread on what we're even arguing about here.

What I'm was saying is that it made no difference. Giving McCown that money did not stop us from signing other players. We had the cap room and the team unbelievably  made McCown a priority to sign. It's not like that money rolls back into the cap next season.

I agree, giving McCown 10 million was over the top but a bigger problem is Johnson. If you want to complain  about wasting money, that is it there

14 hours ago, Losmeister said:

18 butt fumbles= 18 stout defenders of a siply bad journeyman backup.

you guys should be on the coaching staff.

you all wanted to believe that 5 win season was actually something good. that this lifelong scrub deserved 10 million to carry darnolds

gym bag...

gumby could be sams mentor

you guys are actually severely limited when it comes to talking about football... wow...  

What is limited thinking is thinking the money we are paying him actually matters

In hindsight it might look like McCown was overpaid but at the beginning of the season the Jets had no idea how Darnold would develop. Would he be ready to start the first game of the season? No one really knew at the time. Keeping Teddy around would have made the QB situation muddy considering he probably was the better starter than Sam, however stunting Darnold’s growth and development in his first year. That’s why he more than likely was traded. And if Sam was a disaster, Josh would have moved into the starting roll. This kinda makes sense to me if that was their rationale.

On 11/13/2018 at 9:34 AM, Losmeister said:

about signing McClown and how good he'd be for Sam and the Jets...

come on, you wankers, eat some crow...     defending this dreck is bad enough...  at least have the cojones to admit you didnt know wtf you were talking about..

theres at least 50 of you mokes...    you should all be dunking your head in the nearest unflushed toilet

Lol. Nah. I was right when I wanted him fired after losing to KC in 2016 with like 8 turnovers. I was right when I wanted a free bum see Petty to tank us for a Free Darnold. I’ve been plenty wrong but not on this and way more right then the Jets mgmt

41 minutes ago, Losmeister said:

momey as symbol , yes.

10 million worth of decent OL woulda been nice.

But they still had 10 million they could have used on OL., signing McCown didn't preclude them from signing other players. If they were up against the cap and couldn't sign any FA because they signed him , that would be an issue - it's not. 

On 11/13/2018 at 9:37 AM, sec101row23 said:

The mentoring thing is one of the most over-rated, over-blown concepts in football.  What Sam needed was a QB coach, not a back up QB acting like one.  

Meh, who knows. It sounds like McCown has really helped him get acclimated. The fact he's being overpaid to do this is a Maccagnan problem, not McCown's or Darnold's. They had the money to do it. The difference in the money doesn't change anything about the team so who cares other than pointing out the flaws in Maccagnan's negotiating skills

Archived