ESPN-NYJ 73% chance at Top 5 pick?

GreenWhite

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

11 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Nope you stay put and draft an offensive playmaker preferably a WR-RB-OL in the order. 

There is no Saquon barkley in this draft so to waste a top 5 pick on a RB would be pretty dumb. 

There are some really good WRs and OL this year which could allow us to move from 2/3 down to 6/7 and still get an elite Offensive playmaker  AND get back a 2nd rounder plus. That 2nd rounder can also be used on a RB/WR/OL.

The top of the draft will include a QB (it always does) and Nick Bosa. So if we love 3-4 Offensive playmakers (Jonah Williams/Gregg little on the OL or AJ Brown/Nkeal Harry at WR) we can afford to trade back knowing one will definitely be there. 

2 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Nick Bosa & Jonah Williams? Who do you take? 

Best case trade back 1 & get one of them + additional picks. 

Good question. Both seem to be major difference makers, so unless you are blown away by an offer, take the one higher on your board. Feeling here, since we have the QB, Williams is the guy.

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

There are some really good WRs and OL this year which could allow us to move from 2/3 down to 6/7 and still get an elite Offensive playmaker  AND get back a 2nd rounder plus. That 2nd rounder can also be used on a RB/WR/OL.

The top of the draft will include a QB (it always does) and Nick Bosa. So if we love 3-4 Offensive playmakers (Jonah Williams/Gregg little on the OL or AJ Brown/Nkeal Harry at WR) we can afford to trade back knowing one will definitely be there. 

i would love a trade back, especially since they don't have a 2nd rounder (they have 2 3rds).  but that's not how mccagnan thinks.  he hasn't traded back in the first round yet.  and truth the main reason he's going to keep his job as gm is b/c of his first round picks.  so yeah, i expect him to stay wherever he is in the first round and preach BAP and probably take an edge rusher who will be pretty good.  then he'll take 2 offensive players in the 3rd, one of whom will suck and never see the field and one who will be just ok.

2 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Bosa may be the only transcendent talent in this draft. He's going #1 to Oakland so I don't see a scenario where he falls to us but if he's there then whoever's making the pick better sprint to the podium. 

I love Bosa and he will be a great player in the NFL, but there is something about that family that rubs me the wrong way.

1- Joey had a long holdout... could blame the Chargers, but still didn't look great

2- Joey is dealing with a season long injury that didn't originally seem like a season long injury

3- Nick Bosa suffered an injury in college and decided not to return this year, even though, he could have returned and helped his team. 

The family seems much more concerned with their careers than being all in for their team. That's not crazy, but if I am drafting a kid that high I want him all in and playing banged up. 

1 minute ago, Augustiniak said:

i would love a trade back, especially since they don't have a 2nd rounder (they have 2 3rds).  but that's not how mccagnan thinks.  he hasn't traded back in the first round yet.  and truth the main reason he's going to keep his job as gm is b/c of his first round picks.  so yeah, i expect him to stay wherever he is in the first round and preach BAP and probably take an edge rusher who will be pretty good.  then he'll take 2 offensive players in the 3rd, one of whom will suck and never see the field and one who will be just ok.

Based on past observations, I can't really argue you with your predictions...

20 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Based on past observations, I can't really argue you with your predictions...

and while i really do want offense in the first round, if there's nobody worth taking where they pick and they get a real good pass rusher, well, at least the gm wouldn't be taking guys like coples and milliner.  

also i wonder if mccagnan will know he's probably going defense based on where he's picking so it will make him even more motivated to fix the offense in FA.

1 hour ago, GreenFish said:

As it stands, I prefer we trade down 5 or so slots and pickup a 2nd round pick. This draft feels like it’s going to be heavy D up top. So we should still be able to get a top offensive player if we drop to the 10-12 range.

yep.  the giaints and possibly the raiders are looking for qb's and it's possible the jets will finish with a worse record.  there should be some pretty good trade down opportunities.

What would you expect Mike Maccagnan to do with a second round pick? How many decent players has he drafted outside of the top six? If (sadly, when) Mac is still in charge, he should just take the top player on his board and start preparing for round three. 

15 minutes ago, slats said:

What would you expect Mike Maccagnan to do with a second round pick? How many decent players has he drafted outside of the top six? If (sadly, when) Mac is still in charge, he should just take the top player on his board and start preparing for round three. 

If Mac is still here, I don’t care about a goddamm thing in this upcoming draft. 

1 hour ago, BigRy56 said:

Bosa may be the only transcendent talent in this draft. He's going #1 to Oakland so I don't see a scenario where he falls to us but if he's there then whoever's making the pick better sprint to the podium. 

If Oakland lands the #1 pick, don't be surprised if they take a QB. Or at least trade down w/ a team looking for a QB

Archived