Allbright: “Zac and Press Taylor HC/OC for NYJ”

Adoni Beast

28 minutes ago, Untouchable said:

He got into a pissing match with Snyder over the QB situation.

Shanahan wanted Cousins to start, Snyder wanted to ram RGIII down everyones throats.

The former is a legit Top 10 QB who just received the first fully guaranteed contract in NFL history. The latter was a gimmicky flash in the pan who is now the 3rd string QB in Baltimore after being out of the league for 2 years.

Obviously Shanahan was in the right and got a raw deal in Washington.

I won't argue that. Snyder is a bit of an odd case. Still, taking it to the press is really bad form, and it will get him in trouble here. I'm also not arguing that he could come in and advise the GM/HC. I just would really prefer to go younger and outside the box for this hire, and Shanny is the literal antithesis of young and exciting. 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Rams QB coach Zac Taylor listed as favorite to be Browns' next head coach

usatsi_10476069.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1?

After losing two key coaches on offense this past offseason – Greg Olson and Matt LaFleur – the Los Angeles Rams could have another coach of interest to the Cleveland Browns. After firing Hue Jackson on Monday, the Browns will spend the next few months seeking a permanent replacement, assuming Gregg Williams doesn’t keep the job long-term.

According to BetOnline.ag, Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor is the favorite to be hired by the Browns to replace Jackson. Sean McVay, for some reason, is tied for the fourth-best odds to be hired by Cleveland. Obviously, there’s no chance McVay is going to the Browns, which makes his name shocking, to say the least.

But let’s focus on Taylor, who is definitely a realistic option for Cleveland. With the Rams sitting at 8-0 and Jared Goff playing the best ball of his career, it’s easy to see why Taylor might be a target for the Browns.

Like so many other teams, they’re likely to seek an offensive-minded coach to work alongside Baker Mayfield, much like the way the Rams did with McVay and Goff. Given the success of that tandem, why not hire the guy closest to them in Taylor?

Taylor is in his first year as the Rams’ quarterbacks coach, replacing Olson in that spot. Last season, he served as the team’s assistant wide receivers coach after coaching the quarterbacks and heading the offense at the University of Cincinnati in 2016. Prior to that college stint, he spent time with the Dolphins from 2012-15, serving as both the quarterbacks coach and interim offensive coordinator his final year there.

Losing offensive coaches is nothing new for Los Angeles, but don’t expect McVay to go anywhere. Him being listed is simply a way to garner attention (and possibly money) on foolish bettors willing to light their money on fire.

Right now if you were a top tier HC candidate which would you consider to be the better situation to step into?  Jets with Darnold or Cleveland with Mayfield?  I think you could make the case we'd be looking at sloppy seconds given the pieces they already have and the fact that their GM Dorsey seems to know what he's doing...

How can he determine who the next HC is when we don’t even know who the GM will be. Unless, it’s confirmed behind closed doors that MACC is coming back. Allbright is even naming the GM. Where is he getting his info from? Chad cascaddan.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Correction- I meant to say naming OC

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

If they go that young they have live with 2 years of growing pains

The problem with that is Sam will only have 1 year left before the Jets have to give him a billion dollars and kill the cap

I'd like to see some more NFL experience or college head coaching experience

3 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Right now if you were a top tier HC candidate which would you consider to be the better situation to step into?  Jets with Darnold or Cleveland with Mayfield?  I think you could make the case we'd be looking at sloppy seconds given the pieces they already have and the fact that their GM Dorsey seems to know what he's doing...

This time next year you guys are going to look at Mayfield and look at Darnold and say why didn't we hire whoever the Browns hired.

4 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

Rams QB coach Zac Taylor listed as favorite to be Browns' next head coach

usatsi_10476069.jpg?w=1000&h=600&crop=1?

After losing two key coaches on offense this past offseason – Greg Olson and Matt LaFleur – the Los Angeles Rams could have another coach of interest to the Cleveland Browns. After firing Hue Jackson on Monday, the Browns will spend the next few months seeking a permanent replacement, assuming Gregg Williams doesn’t keep the job long-term.

According to BetOnline.ag, Rams quarterbacks coach Zac Taylor is the favorite to be hired by the Browns to replace Jackson. Sean McVay, for some reason, is tied for the fourth-best odds to be hired by Cleveland. Obviously, there’s no chance McVay is going to the Browns, which makes his name shocking, to say the least.

But let’s focus on Taylor, who is definitely a realistic option for Cleveland. With the Rams sitting at 8-0 and Jared Goff playing the best ball of his career, it’s easy to see why Taylor might be a target for the Browns.

Like so many other teams, they’re likely to seek an offensive-minded coach to work alongside Baker Mayfield, much like the way the Rams did with McVay and Goff. Given the success of that tandem, why not hire the guy closest to them in Taylor?

Taylor is in his first year as the Rams’ quarterbacks coach, replacing Olson in that spot. Last season, he served as the team’s assistant wide receivers coach after coaching the quarterbacks and heading the offense at the University of Cincinnati in 2016. Prior to that college stint, he spent time with the Dolphins from 2012-15, serving as both the quarterbacks coach and interim offensive coordinator his final year there.

Losing offensive coaches is nothing new for Los Angeles, but don’t expect McVay to go anywhere. Him being listed is simply a way to garner attention (and possibly money) on foolish bettors willing to light their money on fire.

Incredible now teams fighting for young QB coaches to be their HC.   It make total sense for perennial loser like the Jets and Browns to be in the middle of it.   There are two outcome either a innovative brilliant move or a total disaster.  This seen so outrageous and comical that it might probably work.  

Archived