FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Might come as a surprise but the elected JN captain does not need your approval to start a thread. "Nobody puts creepy in the corner!"

Thanks for the vote of confidence haha. I’m just trying to keep it visible, like I said, In an effort to pick up more steam since it is CRUCIAL to our future. Even if you legit like Mac, having him here messes up the whole head coach search so we have to move on.

Keep him around in another capacity (anything but scouting). He’s good at the bargain bin and flexible contracts for said players. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

Have to agree with the idea of the post. A lot of the fans anger has been directed at Bowles. And while Bowles should get blamed for a ton of stuff, Macc shouldn't skate through this process. As the year goes on, we see how terrible his 2018 free agency class is. It might be the worse of his tenor. We had $100M of cap space last year and we came away with Tru, Crowell, Long and Williamson. Only Williamson has lived up to the billings and he plays a non premium position. Macc's inability to find top end talent at premium positions has crippled this organization. 

I've been on the fence about Macc, but watching Long and Tru (especially Tru getting burned practically every game) I have no confidence Macc can get it done. 

• Upvote 4

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

Who knows what the Johnsons are thinking about Macc but if he stays along with Heimerdinger they have to seriously review their failings in the mid rounds, i.e. where Are these mistakes being made? Scouting? I mean the Stewart + Hansen fiasco just can't keep happening! Not when players like Godwin, Galladay, Hunt, Connor and Kittle are balling. 

These mid round mistakes are killing us. And for those who believe top picks should be saved for QB, CB, LT, Pass rusher, Instead of Leo + Adams, Jets could have picked Watson or Mahomes + Lattimore, based solely on positional value & not had to give up three #2s for Darnold & would have been able to draft Quinton Nelson or Derwin James this year. 

Obviously it's hindsight but I saw many posts on this site asking for Watson or Mahomes! If that had happened, since Maye was taken in the 2nd, the Jets might have had Watson or Mahomes at QB, Lattimore at CB (And no asinine contract to TJ), and Quinton Nelson at LG, plus all of our draft picks going forward & im sure the free agent safety we signed to go along with Maye would not have a 72 million dollar contract, so the Jets would probably be 120 million under the cap right now with a sh*tload of high draft picks this year. 

These scenarios are not outrageous based on different pilosophies. 

Him staying is not even an option that I’m entertaining at all. It’s just not an option. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

45 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

1. Dump Macc today

2. Hire GM tomorrow

3. Let him replace Bowles with his guy end of season

4. profit

Logical. 

But let me tell you what the Jets are doing. They jumped to step 5 and are looking for an offensive coordinator. Steps 1-4 will come later. 

• Upvote 3

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Fact of the matter is the fan base is split on Macc but all the scribes say he deserves to stay on and ultimately he will..  CJ loves him.  

This is true and  clearly shows why the scribes know nothing and chris is a newby easily swayed by talk of a plan.

If one actually looks at what a good gm is supposed to do he does not check of many boxes.

If one actually looks at what a bad gm does he checks off many  boxes.

In the end GMs are judged and should be judged on the talent they draft and or sign.

His drafts have been bad but worse than that his team building plan has been awful.

• Upvote 3
  • Post of the Week 1

8 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

This is true and  clearly shows why the scribes know nothing and chris is a newby easily swayed by talk of a plan.

If one actually looks at what a good gm is supposed to do he does not check of many boxes.

In the end GMs are judged and should be judged on the talent they draft and or sign.

His drafts have been bad but worse than that his team building plan has been awful.

Well put. 

How do you do this in under 17 paragraphs?

• Upvote 2

Mr. Coffee needs to go.

For no other reason than a truly top fight coaching candidate with other job offers will NOT sign here knowing his "boss" is operating under a WIN NOW mandate.

Mr. Coffee SHOULD go because he doesn't deserve to stay (he deserves as much blame as Low-Energy Todd), but he MUST go because we won't get the best candidate available.

• Upvote 2

I am still flabbergasted that Jets ownership (Tweedle Dum Johnson and Tweedle Dee Johnson) think that Maccagnan is doing an acceptable job.

Jeez......  hey Jets ownership:  Take a look at his draft failures!  Outside of a handful of safe 1st round picks (Williams, Adams, Darnold), all the other rounds have been awful.  Maccagnan royally sucks and is one of the WORST GMs in the NFL.  The Jets roster is far worse today than it was when he got here.  Zero improvement in 4 years.  He couldn't draft his way out of a paper bag and frankly, it would be insane to replace Bowles but leave this idiot still holding the keys to the GM office.  The Jets have done this with GMs and HCs forever and it ALWAYS fails.   

Hey Johnsons:  You must fire and replace BOTH of the morons you put there 4 years ago.

• Upvote 4

46 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He really isn't even that. 

Marcus Williams $2.7m

Jarvis Jenkins $3m

Clady $6m (and wanted to extend him!)

Marshall (wanted to extend him as well after the 2016 locker meltdown)

Fitz $12m (bargain bin for starting QBs)

McCown $8m and then $10m

Wesley Johnson at $3m

Long at $6m per

Beachum $8m/year is actually a relative success. He's literally is a top 5 Macc signing. 

Ijalana 2 yrs $10m in 2018 (cut after 1 yr $5m then re-signed for 1 yr $2.5m).

Giacomini at $5m in 2016 after a bad 2015 and still kept after knowing he'd be on PUP for the first 6 weeks of 2016.

Matt Forte 2 years fully guaranteed

Marcus Gilchrist

Buster Skrine

T.Pryor $5m

Should I go on with these lower and mid-tier contracts? I have more; this isn't nearly the whole list. He's provided plenty of material.

Plus literally every team has a couple of players making relatively little, with whom they got unexpected returns, because they all sign so many and because sometimes injuries or sucky starters thrust backups into starting roles they wouldn't otherwise have. IMO it's disingenuous to isolate just his as though he's better than any others in this regard without showing his abominably low hit rate (which I haven't even done here). Robby is a good example. He was obviously a good undrafted pickup, but to read how some spent 2+ years cooing about it, you'd think no other team in the NFL had an UDFA start for them at any time at any position over the past 4 seasons. 

True. Even with an incredibly low bar and giving him credit for what he has done well, it’s not enough and other GMs do this as well. Before I destroy someone(Mac), I am at least fair and admit what they have done well is all. The overall performance is still a complete failure. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

Might come as a surprise but the elected JN captain does not need your approval to start a thread. "Nobody puts creepy in the corner!"

Keep in mind that "128" was also the "elected JN captain".  Look what happened to him  :)

A JN captain is what the Jets record says he is

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Thanks for the vote of confidence haha. I’m just trying to keep it visible, like I said, I’m an effort to pick up more steam since it is CRUCIAL to our future. Even if you legit like Mac, having him here messes up the whole head coach search so we have to move on.

Keep him around in another capacity (anything but scouting). He’s good at the bargain bin and flexible contracts for said players. 

He can fetch coffee for the next GM but thats as far as his reponsibilites should go.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, Beerfish said:

Do you think little Chrissy even watched football before his brother bought the team. I get the impression that neither one of them was a fan of the sport before Woodrow bought the team.  I have no idea why fans believe in Chrissy anymore than they believe in Woodrow.

• Upvote 1

But wait, Mac may suck at a lot of things, but the man knows his WRs. Over the past 4 years he has used a 2d, 3d, 4th, and 7th round pick on WRs.  Who's on the team now? Only the 7th round pick, and the best WR taken out of college by Mac was an undrafted college free agent (Anderson).

Ugghhhh. It's like he has no idea that good teams find good players in rounds two through four.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2