FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i don't know if mac convinced woody/chris as much as just not taking responsibility for the players he wasn't getting.  it was plenty clear from a couple of season's ago that bowles wasn't getting the job done.  it was far too easy to blame bowles for not "developing" the players mac was getting.  and bowles fell right into it because he really didn't seem to be developing anyone.  the noted discipline issues were just icing on the cake.

Bowles with players won 10 games. Bowles with those players showing they only had 1 year left in them, followed by 2 rebuilding teams that didn't have 5 really good starters on them, won about 5 games a year. Same coach. 

Maccagnan is the #1 reason for the low win total. Bowles was a distant second who, like most HCs in the league, was as good as the roster and no more no less. 

People are kidding themselves if they think that 2018 roster would have won so many more games with Adam Gase. Odds are we'd have won 5 games +/- 1 (especially by the time the team knew their HC was getting fired with several games left). 

• Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry Sperm but Bowles def cost us more than one game.  I'm no Mac fan and I'm hoping for his learning curve to kick in but come on.....Bowles is/was at the very least at least as bad as Mac.  

I think Gase running the Jet' offense in 2018 with a halfway decent/awake DC wins 7-8 games last year. 

You can see it in the games that the Jets blew last year. 

I don't see Gase or anyone else improving on that without better players.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

32 minutes ago, varjet said:

I think Gase running the Jet' offense in 2018 with a halfway decent/awake DC wins 7-8 games last year. 

You can see it in the games that the Jets blew last year. 

I don't see Gase or anyone else improving on that without better players.  

1st Miami game, Cleveland, Houston, and Green Bay....a Sandlot Coach wins those games, which meant 8-8 and Bowles being able to piggyback Darnold’s future greatness for another 10+ years, which is what Maccagnan is trying to do.  Would have been many 1 and done playoff appearances, because once the playoffs start most of the coaches there can coach.  I wouldn’t bet on Bowles getting to 3rd Street if you gave him a compass and told him “we’re on 1st now head North”, same goes for Maccagnan with his hodge podge throw sh*t against a wall roster with no rhyme or reason as to what the guy could have possibly been thinking.

Believe me, the Johnsons know Maccagnan is awful,  isn’t a real GM, doubtful what kind of scout he is for that matter, they’re not that stupid.  With them though they always want to save face, they’re very sensitive.  So you can’t fire both Bowles AND Maccagnan right after you were stupid enough to hand the 2 total incompetents extensions...only 1, and if they did go 8-8, man, Bowles would still be here and entrenched for that matter...phew Thank God.

This is what separates Belichick and his team from the Jets and really lots of teams.  Like someone said today, Belichick will get rid of you in the next second if you’re not exactly what he thought you were when he put you on his roster, doesn’t matter if you’re a 1st Rd draft pick.  But with the Jets, lots of things are very political.  I won’t be surprised if Leonard Williams and his 3 sacks are handed $14Million by Maccagnan because he doesn’t want to move his busted picks into the 99th percentile.  Even if you put the sacks aside, at least blow up lots of plays behind the line of scrimmage, 6th pick in the draft for goodness sake...not even that.  But Maccagnan is still here, the guy is getting paid...Hope I’m wrong.

Things WILL be much better with Gase.  I predict a Wildcard appearance next year, unfortunately that will mean many more years of Maccagnan as Darnold rises to be a Top 3 QB in the future....hopfully Gase and Williams have the most say in how their roster is constructed.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Aren’t all decisions going thru CJ which in turn will go thru a collective brainstorm plan thru Macc,  Gase and Williams with CJ having final say so? CJ did not allow Macc to pick Gase or Williams. So how much power and decision making does Macc actually have? 

• Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry Sperm but Bowles def cost us more than one game.  I'm no Mac fan and I'm hoping for his learning curve to kick in but come on.....Bowles is/was at the very least at least as bad as Mac.  

I hate Mac but the reason I don’t talk about Bowles is because it’s not even worth the effort. He is so bad and terrible on a whole different level than any coach that I can remember.

It’s like the chicken and the egg argument with those 2. I think they are both terrible and that’s as far as the analysis needs to go. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

I never said he didn't cost multiple games over the years. He did, and I was never a fan of him as HC.

But if you're of the belief that the difference between the 5-win Jets and other ~12-win teams was Todd Bowles, where the solution to the teams ills was to at long last switch from him to Adam Gase, you're in for disappointment. 

The #1 difference between the 5-11 Jets and a 12-4 team was not the HC. It was obviously the vastly superior rosters of the latter. I can't imagine anyone seriously believes otherwise. 

6 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

1st Miami game, Cleveland, Houston, and Green Bay....a Sandlot Coach wins those games, which meant 8-8 and Bowles being able to piggyback Darnold’s future greatness for another 10+ years, which is what Maccagnan is trying to do.  Would have been many 1 and done playoff appearances, because once the playoffs start most of the coaches there can coach.  I wouldn’t bet on Bowles getting to 3rd Street if you gave him a compass and told him “we’re on 1st now head North”, same goes for Maccagnan with his hodge podge throw sh*t against a wall roster with no rhyme or reason as to what the guy could have possibly been thinking.

Believe me, the Johnsons know Maccagnan is awful,  isn’t a real GM, doubtful what kind of scout he is for that matter, they’re not that stupid.  With them though they always want to save face, they’re very sensitive.  So you can’t fire both Bowles AND Maccagnan right after you were stupid enough to hand the 2 total incompetents extensions...only 1, and if they did go 8-8, man, Bowles would still be here and entrenched for that matter...phew Thank God.

This is what separates Belichick and his team from the Jets and really lots of teams.  Like someone said today, Belichick will get rid of you in the next second if you’re not exactly what he thought you were when he put you on his roster, doesn’t matter if you’re a 1st Rd draft pick.  But with the Jets, lots of things are very political.  I won’t be surprised if Leonard Williams and his 3 sacks are handed $14Million by Maccagnan because he doesn’t want to move his busted picks into the 99th percentile.  Even if you put the sacks aside, at least blow up lots of plays behind the line of scrimmage, 6th pick in the draft for goodness sake...not even that.  But Maccagnan is still here, the guy is getting paid...Hope I’m wrong.

Things WILL be much better with Gase.  I predict a Wildcard appearance next year, unfortunately that will mean many more years of Maccagnan as Darnold rises to be a Top 3 QB in the future....hopfully Gase and Williams have the most say in how their roster is constructed.

I like a lot of this post. However, I am against all of the false sense of security/success and how everyone is SO sure that we “will” be better next year and that Gase/Williams were “great” hires and ensure our success. This is NOT directed at you but you reminded me of the overall board sentiment towards the Jets. 

Missing out on the top target (McCarthy who I personally didn’t care for), is just being brushed aside as if it was no big deal. Many on this board/everywhere were upset or would have been disappointed if we didn’t get him but just flipped a switch and changed their tunes just to “praise the Jets”. Praise an inept organization that doesn’t deserve it and their every move.

Mac/the power structure seemed to in fact scare away the top candidate (like many of us feared) and it’s just “no big deal” to all the fans that are content with mediocrity/underachieving. No move is a guarantee for success but this seemed to be an organizational blunder (I think will work out for the better), that gets dismissed as “it’s ok because the Jets are great and so smart”. They have NOT earned that kind of praise yet.

The simple fact is that we hired a head coach and DC coordinator. Both have had very mixed results. The biggest problem with this team is roster construction. We are far from out of the woods and the Gase hire may very well be undermined by continued terrible roster management and already being put in a near impossible roster hole starting this year. 

We don’t know anything about what to expect besides that we are in a really tough spot still regardless of who the coach is. Fans should know by now that we need to WAIT AND SEE rather than praise every single move blindly and act like this organization can do no wrong. In fact, all this organization seems to do is WRONG so I can’t understand all the blind/happy-go-lucky fans that are so confident in things before we have true reason to be. It’s weird. You would think Jet fans would know better by now. 

52 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I never said he didn't cost multiple games over the years. He did, and I was never a fan of him as HC.

But if you're of the belief that the difference between the 5-win Jets and other ~12-win teams was Todd Bowles, where the solution to the teams ills was to at long last switch from him to Adam Gase, you're in for disappointment. 

The #1 difference between the 5-11 Jets and a 12-4 team was not the HC. It was obviously the vastly superior rosters of the latter. I can't imagine anyone seriously believes otherwise. 

You are both right and were using different levels of example. His shows how bad Bowles was and yours shows how bad the roster is. Either way it’s not a good situation and both Mac and Bowles destroyed this team. 

• Sympathy 1

7 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Not sure what you mean here. Mac has cut a ton of guys pretty quickly. Look at Stewart and Hansen. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Bowles with the easiest schedule in the NFL won 10 games and lost the game that decided a playoff appearance to the Bills. 

No argument Bowles wasn't a good HC. Also his teams sucked. Meanwhile the same people here with their torches and pitchforks were then calling him a much needed relief and touted his coaching smarts that year, excusing almost everything that went wrong as being not his fault and how every coach makes mistakes and more.

How could a HC could possibly miss the playoffs with QBs Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty. Those guys go to the playoffs every year. And omg he once had a pair of WRs with 1 year left in them to make the QB look less bad for a bit. After that his QB options were another year of that trio, adding in the great Christian Hackenberg. No upgrades for 2 years because the GM had his gut feeling about that bust, where McCown and Petty then became the QBs. Then he was granted 1 season with Darnold: a rookie season with all the lumps you'd expect from a 21 year-old, and injured B-level WRs to throw to. And oh my those great WRs he drafted in 2017, also the HCs fault which is why they're so great elsewhere. And on D it was great to have a team with 5 DTs, because the best allocation of team resources is to add 2x the starters you need so any HC would have to play someone (if not >1) out of position or keep a must-play starter on the sideline.

I'm no fan at all of Bowles as HC and never was, but nobody was turning those rosters into great winners. If you want to argue he blew a couple games every year we're still a losing team. If you want to argue he blew 5-8 games every year you're out of your mind. 

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You are both right and we’re using different levels of example. His shows how bad Bowles was and yours shows how bad the roster is. Either way it’s not situation and both Mac and Bowles destroyed this team. 

Yeah I'm missing the part where I was ever arguing Bowles was a good HC and a major asset to the franchise. 

Adam Gase coaching the 2017 NY Jets: how many wins? Anyone who says they'd have won 11-12 with that one change is a crackhead.

13 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

No argument Bowles wasn't a good HC. Also his teams sucked. Meanwhile the same people here with their torches and pitchforks were then calling him a much needed relief and touted his coaching smarts that year, excusing almost everything that went wrong as being not his fault and how every coach makes mistakes and more.

How could a HC could possibly miss the playoffs with QBs Ryan Fitzpatrick, Geno Smith, and Bryce Petty. Those guys go to the playoffs every year. And omg he once had a pair of WRs with 1 year left in them to make the QB look less bad for a bit. After that his QB options were another year of that trio, adding in the great Christian Hackenberg. No upgrades for 2 years because the GM had his gut feeling about that bust, where McCown and Petty then became the QBs. Then he was granted 1 season with Darnold: a rookie season with all the lumps you'd expect from a 21 year-old, and injured B-level WRs to throw to. And oh my those great WRs he drafted in 2017, also the HCs fault which is why they're so great elsewhere. And on D it was great to have a team with 5 DTs, because the best allocation of team resources is to add 2x the starters you need so any HC would have to play someone (if not >1) out of position or keep a must-play starter on the sideline.

I'm no fan at all of Bowles as HC and never was, but nobody was turning those rosters into great winners. If you want to argue he blew a couple games every year we're still a losing team. If you want to argue he blew 5-8 games every year you're out of your mind. 

The NY Jets under HC Todd Bowles were never prepared for a game there were never adjustments this team was bad he was bad. There is no excuse for anything Todd Bowles did and didn't do here. We were the laughing stock of the NFL and regressed every year he was the HC. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, Jet9 said:

Not sure what you mean here. Mac has cut a ton of guys pretty quickly. Look at Stewart and Hansen. 

I realize that.  Pretty much prima facie evidence that the guy is horrific at his job.  Many of his premium draft slotted picks are so bad they’re not only gone in a year but not even on any other teams practice squad.

I should have clarified that I really think he is going to protect his Williams pick because it’s not only a 1st Rder but it’s one of the few still on the team.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I like a lot of this post. However, I am against all of the false sense of security/success and how everyone is SO sure that we “will” be better next year and that Gase/Williams were “great” hires and ensure our success. This is NOT directed at you but you reminded me of the overall board sentiment towards the Jets. 

Missing out on the top target (McCarthy who I personally didn’t care for), is just being brushed aside as if it was no big deal. Many on this board/everywhere were upset or would have been disappointed if we didn’t get him but just flipped a switch and changed their tunes just to “praise the Jets”. Praise an inept organization that doesn’t deserve it and their every move.

Mac/the power structure seemed to in fact scare away the top candidate (like many of us feared) and it’s just “no big deal” to all the fans that are content with mediocrity/underachieving. No move is a guarantee for success but this seemed to be an organizational blunder (I think will work out for the better), that gets dismissed as “it’s ok because the Jets are great and so smart”. They have NOT earned that kind of praise yet.

The simple fact is that we hired a head coach and DC coordinator. Both have had very mixed results. The biggest problem with this team is roster construction. We are far from out of the woods and the Gase hire may very well be undermined by continued terrible roster management and already being put in a near impossible roster hole starting this year. 

We don’t know anything about what to expect besides that we are in a really tough spot still regardless of who the coach is. Fans should know by now that we need to WAIT AND SEE rather than praise every single move blindly and act like this organization can do no wrong. In fact, all this organization seems to do is WRONG so I can’t understand all the blind/happy-go-lucky fans that are so confident in things before we have true reason to be. It’s weird. You would think Jet fans would know better by now. 

All excellent points by you that I can’t disagree with.

I actually wanted McCarthy after reading a long article on how he basically built Aaron Rodgers from the ground up.  The talent was always there of course, but McCarthy pretty much made him a perfect QB machine.  Lots of adjustments made to the finished product fans have been seeing for years now, thanks to McCarthy.

And even if the argument that his offense and had grown stale, I was still ok with that simply because I wanted him to do the same for Darnold as he did for Rodgers, and with Darnold still being such a Pup at 21 he could take his lessons and at say 24 (Mayfield’s age right now) take over the League...no matter who was now his coach.

Gase has much to prove to me, I agree that it’s foolish to think everything is great right now.  The guy fancies himself the smartest guy in the room...always, supposedly.  That confidence is fine if you’ll be open to others opinions still, I don’t know if he is.  He’s a loose cannon, and one thing I’m very sure of is he definitely is way smarter than Maccagnan and if things go wrong it’ll probably be a very ugly blow up, with Gase being let go and of course so will Maccagnan for the simple reason as how long do you keep a so called GM whose team loses double digits every year?  But most disturbingly is his roster, outside of 2 players, being no better than it was when he got the job, and arguably worse.

My confidence going into next year is that Darnold IS the goods.  That 8-8 adjusted record I alluded to contained 3 McCown losses, so in my mind Darnold was 8-5, with lousy protection, a Center that fired snaps over his head and into the ground for 9 games, receivers who rarely got any separation and no running game.  It was 1 against 22 most weeks, and the kid basically won 8 games all by himself.  And last but not least he had the worst head coach I’ve ever seen on any level, yes worse than Kotite who played brutal schedules against virtually all playoff teams, handcuffing him into 3rd and longs every series.

At this point a 2 year old knows what needs to be done....and that’s get Sam Darnold help.

Just hope for the best, and without Bowles it can only get better, without Maccagnan they’ll be a perennial playoff team.

• Sympathy 3
  • Post of the Week 1

2 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

All excellent points by you that I can’t disagree with.

I actually wanted McCarthy after reading a long article on how he basically built Aaron Rodgers from the ground up.  The talent was always there of course, but McCarthy pretty much made him a perfect QB machine.  Lots of adjustments made to the finished product fans have been seeing for years now, thanks to McCarthy.

And even if the argument that his offense and had grown stale, I was still ok with that simply because I wanted him to do the same for Darnold as he did for Rodgers, and with Darnold still being such a Pup at 21 he could take his lessons and at say 24 (Mayfield’s age right now) take over the League...no matter who was now his coach.

Gase has much to prove to me, I agree that it’s foolish to think everything is great right now.  The guy fancies himself the smartest guy in the room...always, supposedly.  That confidence is fine if you’ll be open to others opinions still, I don’t know if he is.  He’s a loose cannon, and one thing I’m very sure of is he definitely is way smarter than Maccagnan and if things go wrong it’ll probably be a very ugly blow up, with Gase being let go and of course so will Maccagnan for the simple reason as how long do you keep a so called GM whose team loses double digits every year?  But most disturbingly is his roster, outside of 2 players, being no better than it was when he got the job, and arguably worse.

My confidence going into next year is that Darnold IS the goods.  That 8-8 adjusted record I alluded to contained 3 McCown losses, so in my mind Darnold was 8-5, with lousy protection, a Center that fired snaps over his head and into the ground for 9 games, receivers who rarely got any separation and no running game.  It was 1 against 22 most weeks, and the kid basically won 8 games all by himself.  And last but not least he had the worst head coach I’ve ever seen on any level, yes worse than Kotite who played brutal schedules against virtually all playoff teams, handcuffing him into 3rd and longs every series.

At this point a 2 year old knows what needs to be done....and that’s get Sam Darnold help.

Just hope for the best, and without Bowles it can only get better, without Maccagnan they’ll be a perennial playoff team.

Great post. Again, sorry if it seemed like it was targeted at you because it wasn’t at all. It just triggered me even though I completely agreed with pretty much everything. I’m just trying to suggest people stay grounded is all and stop with all the unnecessary and undeserved praise. It’s gotten to the point of “show me” don’t “tell me”. It’s honestly officially at that point and we don’t have the excuse of poor QB play anymore.

Sam played better than could be expected with that complete sh*tshow around him all year. Only the Jets can ruin someone like Sam though so I choose to be cautiously optimistic about him and just cautious regarding the rest of the organization. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

15 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Great post. Again, sorry if it seemed like it was targeted at you because it wasn’t at all. It just triggered me even though I completely agreed with pretty much everything. I’m just trying to suggest people stay grounded is all and stop with all the unnecessary and undeserved praise. It’s gotten to the point of “show me” don’t “tell me”. It’s honestly officially at that point and we don’t have the excuse of poor QB play anymore.

Sam played better than could be expected with that complete sh*tshow around him all year. Only the Jets can ruin someone like Sam though so I choose to be cautiously optimistic about him and just cautious regarding the rest of the organization. 

Before you say only the Jets please consider the Colts/Luck, and many others who have underachieved thanks to their organizations.  I'm tiring of the SOJ attitude thing.  

• Sympathy 1

On 1/29/2019 at 1:46 AM, LES said:

Aren’t all decisions going thru CJ which in turn will go thru a collective brainstorm plan thru Macc,  Gase and Williams with CJ having final say so? CJ did not allow Macc to pick Gase or Williams. So how much power and decision making does Macc actually have? 

Find any proof that Macc had nothing to do with those hires.  

Just now, Jet Nut said:

Find any proof that Macc had nothing to do with those hires.  

Didn’t CJ say all things will go thru him? There wasn’t a peep about Macc having any say so in it. 

Sporting News

“At the onset of the interview process, I wanted to hire a head coach who was the right person and the right fit for our organization,” Jets CEO Christopher Johnson told the team's website. “We talked to a number of excellent candidates and it became clear to me that Adam was the person who will help us establish a winning program and a winning culture.”

1 hour ago, LES said:

Didn’t CJ say all things will go thru him? There wasn’t a peep about Macc having any say so in it. 

Sporting News

“At the onset of the interview process, I wanted to hire a head coach who was the right person and the right fit for our organization,” Jets CEO Christopher Johnson told the team's website. “We talked to a number of excellent candidates and it became clear to me that Adam was the person who will help us establish a winning program and a winning culture.”

As any other in the NFL would be involved?

And the proof is CJs "we talked to a number or excellent candidates"?  There's plenty written that CJ, Macc and Heimerdinger were all involved

Love when the obvious is thrown out the window and we hang on every word trying to prove your baseless point.  

• Sympathy 1

6 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

Before you say only the Jets please consider the Colts/Luck, and many others who have underachieved thanks to their organizations.  I'm tiring of the SOJ attitude thing.  

You are so right about Luck. That whole situation was mind boggling and a shame. This does not give the Jets a pass at all though and we mess up so often that it’s what we are known for. So yes, maybe a few other teams could screw up badly also but we are NOTORIOUS for horrible decisions and neglecting offense/not supporting a QB. I too am tiring of the SOJ so it’s not an attitude, it’s a fact of life until they prove otherwise.

I am tiring of all the undeserved praise of this sh*t team before they earn it. It’s one thing to root and be hopeful. It’s another to say every move is great before we know that it actually is. Our recent history especially PROVES that we are a mess and take 1 step forward-2 steps backwards consistently. They’ve lost the trust to get praise until they produce at the GM/coach/player levels.

My stance is this team is trash and run by idiots until they prove otherwise. I can hope for certain moves like trading back in the draft and a strong FA. I can root for Sam to take the next step and for Gase/Williams to be a great coaching tandem. I refuse to get sucked in to this “everything is great” trap when our roster is sh*t and our only reason for hope is Sam. Show me first Jets and then I'll give appropriate praise. Not 1 second before then though. 

2 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

And the proof is CJ we talked to a number or excellent candidates?  There's plenty written that CJ, Macc and Heimerdinger were all involved

Love when the obvious is thrown out the window and we hang on every word trying to prove a point.  

I thought they were all involved. I’m sure Chris has final say but it seemed like the big 3 attacked the hiring process together which is probably how they were able to interview a ton of candidates relatively quickly. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Jet Nut said:

And the proof is CJ we talked to a number or excellent candidates?  There's plenty written that CJ, Macc and Heimerdinger were all involved

Love when the obvious is thrown out the window and we hang on every word trying to prove a point.  

CJ has said he will have the FINAL say in all matters. Macc’s influence on this team is shot. And the fact that you’re defending this clod is beyond puzzling. 

Just now, LES said:

CJ has said he will have the FINAL say in all matters. Macc’s influence on this team is shot. And the fact that you’re defending this clod is beyond puzzling. 

Really?  The owner said that?  Still haven't seen your post saying he had the final say hiring Gase.  Where Macc had no say.  You know after all the times he said they'd all be involved, from the day Bowles was fired.  But nope didn't happen like they've all said it did.

3 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

Really?  The owner said that?  Still haven't seen your post saying he had the final say hiring Gase.  Where Macc had no say.  You know after all the times he said they'd all be involved, from the day Bowles was fired.  But nope didn't happen like they've all said it did.

Why don’t you go have some lunch. You’ll feel better.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

16 minutes ago, LES said:

Why don’t you go have some lunch. You’ll feel better.

Why dont you post a factual account or better yet something that makes sense. 

Another baby who posts on a public forum and gets twisted when facts are challenged.  

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I thought they were all involved. I’m sure Chris has final say but it seemed like the big 3 attacked the hiring process together which is probably how they were able to interview a ton of candidates relatively quickly. 

I suspect CJ exercised final veto power more than exercising the final decision. The idea that (among those who still wanted the job after the interview) Macc liked many others better, but CJ only wanted Gase, is an uphill battle to claim. 

The only one who stood to gain by hiring a low-clout HC was Macc. CJ wouldn't care one way or the other, and Heimerdinger could similarly stand to gain as next-man-up with anyone other than a total control HC+GM hire like so many people presume Harbaugh would've required. The early leaks - for whatever they were worth - was that CJ liked McCarthy and Macc liked someone else (I think one of the first time NFL HCs but can't recall). If it was all CJ's decision he'd have simply hired McCarthy.

It's unlikely CJ suddenly snipped his GM's wings like an obsessive control freak. That stuff is hard to keep under wraps around the league, and often leaks to the general public outright. That type of publicity is bad for an owner unless he knows this is the last GM and HC the team is employing for the next 15+ years. 

Most likely is Gase was the compromise hire. Maybe he wasn't #1 on anyone's list, but was perhaps in everyone's top 3 (helped additionally by Manning's endorsement), as opposed to say McCarthy might have been #1 on CJ's list but way down at #5 on Macc's because he wanted to hire his own DC (something like that). 

• Upvote 1

38 minutes ago, LES said:

Jet Nut at his worst.

CDA79A4F-A104-4B6F-9C99-673AE8E98CDA.jpeg

Oh, which whiney troll who was banned are you?  Just curious how you know so much about people so soon.  BigO?  Same style

I realize when someone asks what's wrong with a different opinion it gets insecure people like you claiming it's a rant.  But it's actually not.  

Copy and paste what you're thinking is a rant.  Should be interesting given all the ranting, trolling, everyone sucks period posts you've given us since your rebranding.  

• Thumb Down 1