FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

21 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Okiedokie....it was miracle from heaven that we managed to go from 6 to 3. Macc had nothing to do with it. Gotcha 

The trade up was smart.  Crediting Macc for trading up FOR Darnold is dumb.  He didn't trade up for a specific player.  He traded up to a spot, and hoped it worked out.  We could easily be sitting here with Josh Allen if the Giants hadn't bailed us out. 

Sure, maybe you can say we shouldn't complain about something that worked out.  If Macc had made lots of great moves in his tenure, I'd certainly be happy to back off on this point.  But he does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt.  So even the best moment of the Macc tenure was one that required a great deal of luck. 

And depending on luck for yet another offseason, where we will again have an important draft and free agency period coming up, is not a good strategy for success.  Not to mention looking for a new Head Coach!  Let Macc be in charge and he WILL screw it up, because that's what he does. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

19 minutes ago, TheGreenGhost said:

Mac gets credit for moving up to 3, but he went up to get Baker and could've ended up with Rosen or Allen.  So yes, it was a miracle he ended up with Darnold. 

And that move up cost 3 2nd round picks.  You don't think the Jets could use 3 2nd round talents on this team? 

For any GM but Maccagnan, yes, those 2nd rounders would be very important. 

• Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Like I've said, I won't lose sleep if Macc gets fired. I don't think he has done enough but I also don't think he has been as bad as some have said. If Darnold is our  franchise QB for the next 15 years then macc will go down as one of the greatest Jets GMs of all time....which isn't exactly saying much. He didn't fall into Darnold, he traded to get into position to get Darnold. He overpaid early in the process to be in that position. He was mocked on this board by many for making that trade. Looking back I think we are all very happy he did it. 

Now he has to work on the Oline. find an edge rusher and maybe 1 dynamic piece on offense. Yeah yeah, he's had 4 years to do that. Again, I don't think he is a great GM. I have not seen enough Nick Chubb's, Kareem Hunts, Kerryon Johnsons, Kamaras etc... But he has cap space and I would let him pick his own Head Coach before I would bring in the next guy the entire board will hate after 2 years. 

So, in 4 drafts his only significant accomplishment is landing the franchise QB and just how many drafts will you give him to fix the O line, get an Edge Rusher, and find a dynamic player for the O?.....  At Mac's hit rate, by the time he accomplishes those goals, Sam Darnold will be collecting pension checks.

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The only reason to keep Mac is a new GM might not be as loyal to Sam since he or she did not draft him

drafting hack in the second round is good enough reason for getting fired - terrible 

If that's the concern, then make sure to fill the GM hiring pool with candidates who scouted and liked Darnold.  I don't think a GM would want to come here if he didn't believe in Sam.  That would make no sense.  We're tied to Darnold whether the GM likes it or not, so that would have to be an arranged marriage.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, peekskill68 said:

Mac was hired specifically because he was championed as a talent evaluator.  He has failed at that.  'nuff said...

well, he is clearly not a college football talent evaluator.  What about the pros?  That Trumaine Johnson was sure a real catch!  Terrell Pryor was just cut by the Bills.  Beachum is a stiff.  Tomlinson is a stiff.  And I am starting to wonder about Toilet Paper Man.  So yes, by all means, one more year.

• Haha 3

6 minutes ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

The only reason to keep Mac is a new GM might not be as loyal to Sam since he or she did not draft him

drafting hack in the second round is enough reason for getting fired - terrible

Well any GM with half a brain would keep Sam and BUILD A FREAKING OFFENSEAROUND HIM so the GM knows if Sam is “the guy” and if not, draft a replacement that will come into a situation where the offense isn’t complete trash and going to ruin him. The new GM has the built in excuse that Sam wasn’t his pick which gives him a longer leash. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well any GM with half a brain would keep Sam and BUILD A FREAKING OFFENSEAROUND HIM so the GM knows if Sam is “the guy” and if not, draft a replacement that will come into a situation where the offense isn’t complete trash and going to ruin him. The new GM has the built in excuse that Sam wasn’t his pick which gives him a longer leash. 

I said it was the only reason - may or may not be a good reason :)  solid replies

• Upvote 1

13 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

So, in 4 drafts his only significant accomplishment is landing the franchise QB and just how many drafts will you give him to fix the O line, get an Edge Rusher, and find a dynamic player for the O?.....  At Mac's hit rate, by the time he accomplishes those goals, Sam Darnold will be collecting pension checks.

I get it .We just had an awful game. Everyone on the team sucks. Cut Adams/Williams/Lee/Williamson/Maye/Anderson/Enunwa/Darnold/Mcguire/Cannon/Herndon etc...

19 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The trade up was smart.  Crediting Macc for trading up FOR Darnold is dumb.  He didn't trade up for a specific player.  He traded up to a spot, and hoped it worked out.  We could easily be sitting here with Josh Allen if the Giants hadn't bailed us out. 

Sure, maybe you can say we shouldn't complain about something that worked out.  If Macc had made lots of great moves in his tenure, I'd certainly be happy to back off on this point.  But he does NOT deserve the benefit of the doubt.  So even the best moment of the Macc tenure was one that required a great deal of luck. 

And depending on luck for yet another offseason, where we will again have an important draft and free agency period coming up, is not a good strategy for success.  Not to mention looking for a new Head Coach!  Let Macc be in charge and he WILL screw it up, because that's what he does. 

You guys are funny. If he doesn't trade up, he doesn't get Darnold. Did he need the Browns to take Baker and the Giants to take Barkley? Sure. But there was plenty of speculation that the Giants wanted Barkley from day 1. So that wasn't shocking to anyone following the pre-draft process. 

As for Mayfield, what makes you think he won't be great? 

Maybe Macc loved Baker and Darnold and knew Barkley would go 2 so was positioning himself to get 1 of them....oh wait, we just lost 41-10 to the Bills so it's time to cry about every Jets coach/Gm/player.... proceed with the madness...

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

You guys are funny. If he doesn't trade up, he doesn't get Darnold. Did he need the Browns to take Baker and the Giants to take Barkley? Sure. But there was plenty of speculation that the Giants wanted Barkley from day 1. So that wasn't shocking to anyone following the pre-draft process. 

As for Mayfield, what makes you think he won't be great? 

Maybe Macc loved Baker and Darnold and knew Barkley would go 2 so was positioning himself to get 1 of them....oh wait, we just lost 41-10 to the Bills so it's time to cry about every Jets coach/Gm/player.... proceed with the madness... 

I gave him credit for the trade up.  Best move he's ever made.  But yes, its very possible it could have been Baker followed by Darnold 1-2, leaving Macc with his d*ck in his hand. 

If losing to a practice squad-caliber Bills team 41-10 doesn't rile you up, I don't know what else will.  This was an unacceptable loss following a similarly awful loss to the Dolphins the week before.  Our roster sucks and we're losing divisional games to Brock Osweiler and street free agent Matt Barkley.  After 4 years of this regime we should be expecting way better, unless you're cool with rooting for failure.  It is more than reasonable and rational to demand firings at the top. 

• Upvote 2

This organization owes Macc nothing!

Ive has to stomach rebuild after rebuild over the last 35 years. This is different. We actually have a foundation in place (Darnold, cap space, the doofus owner over in England) that would make this one of the more attractive GM positions in football. Can we do this right for once? Hire a new GM, let him pick an offensive minded coach and away we go. 

We’re gonna instead give Macc “one more year”. It’s so ludicrous. 

• Sympathy 1

26 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

I get it .We just had an awful game. Everyone on the team sucks. Cut Adams/Williams/Lee/Williamson/Maye/Anderson/Enunwa/Darnold/Mcguire/Cannon/Herndon etc...

Awful game? Two 5-11 seasons soon to be followed by a 3 win season. I'm just thinking that you've lowered your standards to Jet-level expectations. It's sad. We ALL should expect, actually demand, more from the team's GM. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

5 hours ago, Villain The Foe said:

After week 17 we better be looking for a new HC and GM....if not ill just continue to watch other teams play football when the Jets are playing. 

No one should be retained. Clean house. 

Maybe a Head of Football Operations to be in charge of hiring a GM & then both of them deciding on a HC.

• Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Awful game? Two 5-11 seasons soon to be followed by a 3 win season. I'm just thinking that you've lowered your standards to Jet-level expectations. It's sad. We ALL should expect, actually demand, more from the team's GM. 

Macc could have overpaid for Solder, traded away 2 1st round picks for Mack and signed a couple of other overpriced Free agents and been much better this year. Likely not a playoff team with a rookie QB, but better enough to make the season ticket holders happier. Instead, he made the right choices for our long term viability by saving the cap space and the draft picks (which now looks like a top 5 pick) and positioned us to be a good,  young cheap team for a couple of more years. 

I get the frustration. I wanted Bowles fired Sunday evening. I just don't see Macc as the main reason this team is playing below expectations, I blame Bowles. I think this team has more than enough talent on defense to shut down Matt Barkley. Bowles failed in that regard, not Macc. 

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Macc could have overpaid for Solder, traded away 2 1st round picks for Mack and signed a couple of other overpriced Free agents and been much better this year. Likely not a playoff team with a rookie QB, but better enough to make the season ticket holders happier. Instead, he made the right choices for our long term viability by saving the cap space and the draft picks (which now looks like a top 5 pick) and positioned us to be a good,  young cheap team for a couple of more years. 

I get the frustration. I wanted Bowles fired Sunday evening. I just don't see Macc as the main reason this team is playing below expectations, I blame Bowles. I think this team has more than enough talent on defense to shut down Matt Barkley. Bowles failed in that regard, not Macc. 

Saving cap space for what exactly? So, its smart to put a rookie QB behind a crap O line because why? Who exactly is he going to find to man the O line next year. News Flash, it is rare for good O lineman to leave their team in free agency. And you expect what? That Mac is going to sign 2 or more UFA O lineman who are good players? OR that he is going to -- for the first time -- draft an O lineman before the 5th round?

Look on the field next week when the Jets play the Pats and remember, Mac built that and it took him 4 years to do it.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Okiedokie....it was miracle from heaven that we managed to go from 6 to 3. Macc had nothing to do with it. Gotcha

geez... he traded up so that he was assured of getting one of Mayfield, Rosen or Darnold (or even Allen).  At #6 there was a chance of all 4 being gone.  So the trade up was to have at least 2 of them remaining so that at least the jets had a choice.  He had no clue that both the Browns and the Giants would pass on Darnold.  That Darnold fell to #3 was indeed luck.  It surely wasn't based on anything Mac did.  Getting Darnold was made possible, but not definite by the trade up.  Actually getting him at #3 was luck soley based on the actions of other teams.   Mac rolled the dice and actually didn't crap out for once.  But it was, to a large degree, luck based and you know it.

Mac sucks.  He needs to go away.  The Jets rosters have been atrocious under his reign.  Among the worst in the NFL.  After 4 years, that's enough.  Time to change.

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

When I was looking him up after we drafted him I was shocked to read

Neg:  Not a natural pass catcher. Often clutches receptions against his frame and does too much body catching.

FWIW, I think that is Tony Pauline's site.

Considering Macs poor offensive skill evaluations, it’s not surprising.  A 180 pound RB with bad hands is useless.  

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, jetsons said:

Maybe a Head of Football Operations to be in charge of hiring a GM & then both of them deciding on a HC.

Whatever they can do to get it right Im all in for. 

I like that Woody tried to get outside help when hiring Bowles and Macc, my problem was believing that a 2nd rebuild was actually possible, as if the 1st rebuild "never happened". 

They should have been fired last year. Gross incompetence by ownership....but, folks like to look at owners as if they're much different somehow because they're considered successful. 

Woody and his brother have not shown that they have a clue what they're doing. The Jets is basically an investment that has grown in value as well as produced a constant stream of passive income at this point. In that regard, they're killing it. 

In terms of running the organization to create a good product................haha.....lol.

• Upvote 3

12 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Whatever they can do to get it right Im all in for. 

I like that Woody tried to get outside help when hiring Bowles and Macc, my problem was believing that a 2nd rebuild was actually possible, as if the 1st rebuild "never happened". 

They should have been fired last year. Gross incompetence by ownership....but, folks like to look at owners as if they're much different somehow because they're considered successful. 

Woody and his brother have not shown that they have a clue what they're doing. The Jets is basically an investment that has grown in value as well as produced a constant stream of passive income at this point. In that regard, they're killing it. 

In terms of running the organization to create a good product................haha.....lol.

They don’t need to create a good product to keep their customers happy.

14 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Looking for a CB? There is no place like the 6th round.

Mac has selected 3 CBs in the 6th round. Justin Burris was taken in the 4th round, but that's probably why we cut him loose. If you want to stick with the Jets as a CB, make sure they take you in the 6th round, or just become an UFA for another team and Mac will be sure to sign you for big bucks because he has no idea how to evaluate CBs in the draft.

Remember when Burris was a “gem” and a Maccagnan draft “steal”? Good times.

• Upvote 2

I am no McCagnan fan, but I don't think he is fired this year.  I think he will get the opportunity to fire Bowles and bring in an offensive minded head coach to bring Darnold along.  Pipe dream is Arians for me. 

The Darnold trade probably got him another year, because it looks like he got the pick right, and it saved him from botching 3 2nd round picks.  Herndon is looking decent, especially when compared to when the Jets burned a first rounder on Amaro.

That said, if McCaganan has a lousy draft this year, ya gotta cut and run.  Free Agent signings are no reason to save his job, because they gonna have to overpay to get any top players to join the team and burn years of their prime on a rebuild. 

• WTF? 1

3 hours ago, DirtyJersey said:

I am no McCagnan fan, but I don't think he is fired this year.  I think he will get the opportunity to fire Bowles and bring in an offensive minded head coach to bring Darnold along.  Pipe dream is Arians for me. 

The Darnold trade probably got him another year, because it looks like he got the pick right, and it saved him from botching 3 2nd round picks.  Herndon is looking decent, especially when compared to when the Jets burned a first rounder on Amaro.

That said, if McCaganan has a lousy draft this year, ya gotta cut and run.  Free Agent signings are no reason to save his job, because they gonna have to overpay to get any top players to join the team and burn years of their prime on a rebuild. 

But do you see how this makes no sense? He’s already on an incredibly short leash due to poor performance. Knowing this and the fact that he doesn’t have a good look based on performance, will surely hinder our head coach search and close the door on some of the best candidates instead of giving us every option available to make the best choice.

You are even saying that after another “lousy draft”, you gotta get rid of him. Why would you even keep him around in the first place and RISK all of that happening and putting us in a worse situation next year when we finally fire and blow it up then?

You are either suggesting that:

1.we hire and fire a head coach after 1 year.

2.keep mac for longer which would require an extension BEFORE the head coach search and will scare away candidates because he sucks.

3.Fire Mac after 1 year and keep the head coach which is another Rex/Idzik situation and will scare away the best GM candidates.

Like I’ve said earlier, everyone had a right to their opinion but please explain how any of this is good for us, makes sense and why you would risk all that for Mac who has hurt us more than help and proven NOTHING? 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1