FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

4 hours ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

If this is the case, then what exactly is the point here.  This horse had already been beaten to death a very long time ago.  No one here is apologizing  for Macc's poor drafting and signings of the past.  What your "side" fails  to recognize or acknowledge, is the contributions and responsibility both Bowles [both coaching and influence} and the Management Structure, had in those poor decisions. The incessant railing against Maccagnan will not change the status quo.  He is here, for better or worse, we just have to make the best of it.

Mac is/was in total control over drafting/signing. Unless you are bill bellicheck, you are not making the draft/free agent calls as HC. Now do I think mac was kind and took “input “ from Bowles ? Of course. But that is like the President trying to blame the Vice President for talking into a decision that didn’t work out. If Mac is that incompetent where he was not strong enough to do his own job and let the HC take over his most important job, then he shouldn’t be here. He wouldn’t be here.

I think we lucked out last yr with his career severe Oline neglect.. The line was definitely near the bottom of the league, but not as bad as most would have expected. Mac can roll the dice again and neglect the OLine for his fifth straight yr, or he can do a 180 on his anti -Oline stance for once and protect the 1 guy who saved his job, darnold. Drafting a OL not just before the 6 round for once, but much earlier and more then 1. Along with a top FA OL. 

If he does ignore the OL, and The line does worse next yr for Sam, mac is gone in 11 months. I hope He will listen to his Offensive minded HC as much as he listened to the idiot Todd Bowles.. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Because we want him fired.  Just because he wasn't fired this past offseason doesn't mean that goal has changed.  Until he does something proving he's worthy of holding one of the 32 most important jobs in the NFL, we'll keep railing incessantly.

Ignore the thread if you don't like it. 

No definitely keep this thread going.

When Maccagnan is let go (and it will be so incredibly long overdue) it would be great for one of the beat writers to reference it...”And the “FireMaccagnan posts numbered 100,000+”.

Its very obvious the writers read off this site.  When I was detailing why Bowles was not an NFL HC, it seemed as if Mehta took one of my posts verbatim and totally disparaged it.  How he could?  I don’t know, I was basically just citing facts.  It was almost as though you’d think Mehta draws an extra paycheck from the Jets to fend off criticism.

With regard to Maccagnan though, at this point it was all about Ownership not wanting to look bad after doling out 2 extensions to the 2 worst at their respective jobs in the entire NFL.  There is nowhere else in the league Maccagnan could have an office that says GM on the door.

If things go south and they will if Darnold doesn’t up his Atlas impression to an even higher level, I predict Gase just goes off on Maccagnan, probably Williams too.

• Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

WHO THE F**K IS HOPING MACC FAILS.

WHY DO PEOPLE SAY THIS.

Maybe it's because people want him to fail so he can be fired. There are people who are such insufferable cu next tuesdays that they would rather be correct than be proven wrong. Let's not pretend that people don't want to see this team fail so they can bring in the next regime. 

• Thumb Down 1

17 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Maybe it's because people want him to fail so he can be fired. There are people who are such insufferable cu next tuesdays that they would rather be correct than be proven wrong. Let's not pretend that people don't want to see this team fail so they can bring in the next regime. 

Mac has failed. He has been a very bad gm. There is no place else but UP to go for something that consistently is that bad. I think you are being extremely dramatic thinking some, or more than 2 fans want him to fail. We just want him to stop being such a moron, listen to people who are much more knowledgeable than he is about what moves to make. Because he was such a bad gm, is why we were in a position to draft darnold. If he was a good gm and we had been picking 18 instead of 6 every yr under him, we don’t get Sam Darnold. Now it’s time he earns at least some of his $$. Make simply moves. We are not asking for miracles.

• Upvote 3

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No.  There are literally zero people who have posted in this thread that WANTED Mike Maccagnan to fail at his job.  Other than perhaps fans of other teams.

Holy sh*t with this.  This guy actually believes there are people out there who want the GM to not pick the good players. 

I never claimed that people posted that they wanted Macc to fail. Stop being so sensitive. 

• WTF? 1

1 minute ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Mac has failed. He has been a very bad gm. There is no place else but UP for something that consistently is that bad. I think you are being extremely dramatic thinking some, or more than 2 fans want him to fail. We just want him to stop being such a moron, listen to people who are much more knowledgeable than he is about what moves to make. Because he was such a bad gm, is why we were in a position to draft darnold. If he was a good gm and we had been picking 18 instead of 6 every yr under him, we don’t get Sam Darnold. Now it’s time he earns at least some of his $$. Make simply moves. We are not asking for miracles.

Not being dramatic. The people who take issue with what I said are bringing the drama. From what I have seen people post about Macc, I can't help but think that people want him to fail. People like this exist. I have seen this type of behavior before with opponents of the last two presidents. 

10 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Not being dramatic. The people who take issue with what I said are bringing the drama. From what I have seen people post about Macc, I can't help but think that people want him to fail. People like this exist. I have seen this type of behavior before with opponents of the last two presidents. 

Who are these people ? let me guess you don’t know their names? Lol yes “what you think “ is probably often wrong. Let’s deal with facts. Mac is not important enough for people to care about. A coach is, but not a gm.

• WTF? 1

12 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I'm not going to scour the board for every post that supports my opinion, but it's these types of posts that lead me to believe that there are some fans who want the team the fail so that Macc gets fired.  

MANY wanted the Jets to TANK and LOSE every game REMEMBER

• Upvote 1

55 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

MANY wanted the Jets to TANK and LOSE every game REMEMBER

In a lost season already I can understand that. No way before a season starts. I bet there were idiots rooting for us to win out  every game in toward end of 17, even after knowing we lost out on playoffs. Some would have rathered finish 7-9, miss playoffs and darnold, Rosen, Allen, mayfield ?lol

19 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

No.  There are literally zero people who have posted in this thread that WANTED Mike Maccagnan to fail at his job.  Other than perhaps fans of other teams.

Holy sh*t with this.  This guy actually believes there are people out there who want the GM to not pick the good players. 

I want the guy to succeed, but after investing $50k in tickets the last 4 years, I am looking for some ROI in year 5!! 

• Upvote 2

Why pressure's on Mike Maccagnan during one of the most important offseasons in Jets history

There aren't many things on the Jet GM's list of accomplishments besides drafting Sam Darnold

By Ralph Vacchiano | 1:09PM
  • Share:
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
  •  
Aug 12, 2017; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan reacts on the field before a preseason game against the Tennessee Titans at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports (Brad Penner) Aug 12, 2017; East Rutherford, NJ, USA; New York Jets general manager Mike Maccagnan reacts on the field before a preseason game against the Tennessee Titans at MetLife Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Brad Penner-USA TODAY Sports (Brad Penner)

RalphPic_93z5jd5l.pngRalph Vacchiano | Facebook | Twitter | Archive

Jets CEO Christopher Johnson made his choice on Dec. 30 when he fired Todd Bowles, but not Mike Maccagnan. It was a signal that he believed in his general manager, bought into his vision, and wasn't concerned about his spotty record.

And though Johnson insisted he would never give anyone a playoff mandate ("Absolutely not," he said), the message from his actions are perfectly clear: This is Maccagnan's roster, Adam Gase is Maccagnan's coach, and this is the offseason Maccagnan has to turn the Jets from laughingstocks into a winner.

In other words, as one of the most important offseasons in Jets' history begins, the pressure on Maccagnan is high.

What happens next will determine whether the Jets GM is still the GM after his contract expires after the 2020 season, or whether he's still the GM in 2020 at all. He made a masterful trade one year ago to get the Jets in position to draft Sam Darnold, the franchise quarterback they had been seeking for 50 years. But there aren't many other things on his list of accomplishments, and since the Jets are a miserable 24-40 during his tenure, there's obviously a lot of work to do.

Granted he has close to $100 million in salary cap space to work with this offseason, not to mention the third overall pick in the NFL draft. Add in the energy of a new coach and coaching staff, the ingredients are certainly there for a quick turnaround.

But there are plenty of warning signs, too.

He has a spotty free agency record -- It's exciting the Jets have all this cap room, but they had plenty last offseason too, and what do they really have to show for it? Remember, they offered $90 million guaranteed to QB Kirk Cousins and that doesn't look so brilliant now. They also gave a five-year, $72.5 million contract with $34 million guaranteed to CB Trumaine Johnson, whom the Rams couldn't wait to get rid of, and who ended up benched for the season finale after repeatedly being late to work. MLB Avery Williams was a nice find for three years, $22.5 million. But where was the much-needed offensive help? RB Isaiah Crowell (three years, $12 million) and WR Terrelle Pryor (one year, $4.5 million) were pretty much it, and that didn't work out well. So Maccagnan has to come through with big-time play-makers and game-changers this time (think: Le'Veon Bell). And this time most of them need to work out.

He has a poor draft record - Maccagnan has done reasonably well with his first-round picks, so there's no reason to worry about that. It's the rest of the drafts that have been a problem. From second-round busts like QB Christian Hackenberg (2015) - who was so bad he bombed in his AAF debut on Sunday -- to too many mid-round misses like receivers ArDarius Stewart and Chad Hansen (third and fourth rounds, 2017). There were some positive signs in the last draft, although the jury is way out on his second pick (third-round DT Nathan Shepherd). With no second-rounder (gone to the Colts in the Darnold trade) those mid-round picks will be huge this year - especially if he trades down in the first round and accumulates more.

His teams have lacked discipline on and off the field - From the 2016 locker room war that divided around Sheldon Richardson and Brandon Marshall, to Mo Wilkerson's inability to show up on time regularly, to far too many players who ended up suspended for drugs, PEDs or DUIs, the Jets haven't been a high-character team for a while. Yes, a lot of that was on Bowles, but at any point the GM could have stepped in and imposed discipline. The GM is also responsible for bringing in players - like Trumaine Johnson - who seem to like to play by their own rules. In an offseason that will reshape the team, he can't ignore character as he brings in new players. After all, almost every championship team will tell you that character and chemistry matter. The Jets have been short on both the last few years.

He's allowed a potentially volatile coaching staff - This is more of Gase's problem than Maccagnan's, but this coaching staff is a soap opera waiting to happen. Maccagnan wanted Gregg Williams to be the Jets defensive coordinator long before he hired a coach, according to multiple sources. Gase obviously had to sign on. But Gase also hired his father in law, Joe Vitt, who testified against Williams during the infamous BountyGate scandal in New Orleans. Now Vitt works for Williams who works for Gase. And despite what one source said were reservations by Maccagnan, Gase hired Blake Williams, Gregg's son, as a defensive assistant after a rocky tenure in Cleveland. Again, it's Gase's issue, but this was all assembled on Maccagnan's watch.

That's a lot to overcome, but Johnson obviously believes Maccagnan is the right guy to sort that all out. He believes he'll use the high pick wisely, spend the cap room in the right places, fix the discipline issues and keep the coaching staff in check. 

Maybe he will. But as soon as Bowles was shoved out the door, the spotlight moved to Maccagnan and his so-far unimpressive record and it became hard for many to have faith that he can do any of that at all. Now he has to, though, because no one thinks Gase has been dealt a winning hand with the Jets. And that's Maccagnan's fault.

Can it work? There's no doubt Maccagnan has the cards to be a winner, if he plays them correctly. If he does, the Maccagnan-Gase pair could be the long-term solution the Jets have been seeking.

If not, the house of cards will come crashing down and the Jets will soon be looking for a new GM to clean up yet another mess.

• Upvote 1

On 2/11/2019 at 10:45 PM, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

So in your estimation:  New Head Coach, New Defensive Coordinator, virtually all new assistant and positional coaches, means "business as usual"?  I know, it's all about Maccagnan, right? 

The HC is only as good as the talent on the roster. It doesn't matter how good your HC is if he doesn't have talent to work with your team still stinks. MAC is responsible for the talent on the team and he's consistently provided one of very least talented rosters two years running.

So, YES, it is all about Mac and him starting to do his job once and for all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

The HC is only as good as the talent on the roster. It doesn't matter how good your HC is if he doesn't have talent to work with your team still stinks. MAC is responsible for the talent on the team and he's consistently provided one of very least talented rosters two years running.

Great. Yada, yada. yada...……..  The Coaching does matter, by the way, or have the Patriocheats always had the best talent in the league?

• Sympathy 1

21 hours ago, NYJ1 said:

This is not necessarily true.  Belechek brings in jags, gets them to perform, releases them and they return to being jags.  Coaching mean more than most Jets fans credit.  

• Upvote 3

On 2/12/2019 at 3:26 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

You're incorrect. People want him to be held accountable for failing and given his history, he's likely to continue to do so so the sooner he's held accountable for his continuing failures, the sooner the Jets have another chance to find a capable GM.

2 minutes ago, jeremy2020 said:

You're incorrect. People want him to be held accountable for failing and given his history, he's likely to continue to do so so the sooner he's held accountable for his continuing failures, the sooner the Jets have another chance to find a capable GM.

Nope. You're incorrect. Thanks. 

On 2/12/2019 at 2:26 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

No one wants this idiot to fail, it’s just that the level of disgust is reaching its upper limits.  The sample size is now large enough to conclude that the guy is very lacking in being able to judge NFL talent, although he was a scout, and then it translates into his drafting scared much of the time.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 hours ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

No one wants this idiot to fail, it’s just that the level of disgust is reaching its upper limits.  The sample size is now large enough to conclude that the guy is very lacking in being able to judge NFL talent, although he was a scout, and then it translates into his drafting scared much of the time.

Exactly. I absolutely HATE this piece of sh*t GM. However, as with ANYTHING jets related, i’d rather eat a ton of crow and be proven wrong constantly and have things work out for the team. My reservations and concerns are valid and supported by evidence, more evidence than being blindly optimistic and expecting things to just turn on a dime despite all of the major roster issues.

I’d LOVE to be wrong and for Mac to have an amazing offseason and for this team to turn around. As it stands right now, the crowd that is negative on Mack and this team are more in the right and have a justified/proven point of view. We are a poorly run, talent deprived team because of ownership, GM and Bowles. Only 1 of those things changed with the hiring of Gase. ANY coach is better than Bowles so it will be an improvement but how much? Changing defensive scheme sets the roster back further so we clearly have an uphill battle.

I’m willing to give the coaching time but NOT MAC. We will see what happens and like I’ve said earlier, even this best GMs in the league would most likely fail this offseason given the insurmountable task of filling all the roster holes that we have. I’ll be fair to the Mac supporters and give him a “clean slate” this offseason and realize he’s in a horrible starting spot with this roster. But don’t you f*cking forget that he put us here. 

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Exactly. I absolutely HATE this piece of sh*t GM. However, as with ANYTHING jets related, i’d rather eat a ton of crow and be proven wrong constantly and have things work out for the team. My reservations and concerns are valid and supported by evidence, more evidence than being blindly optimistic and expecting things to just turn on a dime despite all of the major roster issues.

I’d LOVE to be wrong and for Mac to have an amazing offseason and for this team to turn around. As it stands right now, the crowd that is negative on Mack and this team are more in the right and have a justified/proven point of view. We are a poorly run, talent deprived team because of ownership, GM and Bowles. Only 1 of those things changed with the hiring of Gase. ANY coach is better than Bowles so it will be an improvement but how much? Changing defensive scheme sets the roster back further so we clearly have an uphill battle.

I’m willing to give the coaching time but NOT MAC. We will see what happens and like I’ve said earlier, even this best GMs in the league would most likely fail this offseason given the insurmountable task of filling all the roster holes that we have. I’ll be fair to the Mac supporters and give him a “clean slate” this offseason and realize he’s in a horrible starting spot with this roster. But don’t you f*cking forget that he put us here. 

Exactly.

Also, to his supporters...with much talk regarding “trading out of Pick #3” and recouping say a 2nd Rd pick along with other goodies, anyone want to tell me with a straight face they’re not terrified that this guy will whiff on every pick they get after trading down?  It’s a legitimate concern.

I don’t think he can be trusted with ANY pick lower than 3rd in the Nation.

The only thing positive that can be said about Maccagnan and Bowles is that they are so bad at what they do the Jets were able to score the guy Tony Romo projects to be the “#1 QB in the NFL in just a few years”....and for that I am eternally thankful.  And it was pure LUCK because the Giants made a huge mistake.  I don’t care how great Barkley is.  Not to mention most RBs get dinged up, it’s unavoidable.

But now, with the Franchise QB in place, time to put all the incompetency to bed, let’s get a real GM here, there are no salary cap constraints to do that.  And with Darnold in that position there will be lots of guys who would love to come to the Jets.  McCarthy, put aside any criticisms, and his Super Bowl ring was begging to be able to coach Sam Darnold, that would never have happened with many of the QBs “in name only” that the Jets have thrown out there for a long time.

• Upvote 1

On 2/13/2019 at 5:20 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

I never claimed that people posted that they wanted Macc to fail. Stop being so sensitive. 

Six minutes later...

On 2/13/2019 at 5:26 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

From what I have seen people post about Macc, I can't help but think that people want him to fail. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1