FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

2 minutes ago, TNJet said:

Macc's most glaring issue is now gone. His name was Todd Bowles. Give the dude a break.

And technically, that wasn't his issue.  Macc didn't hire Bowles.  In fact, Bowles was hired the day before Macc.

And as we all know, with the structure of the FO, Macc had no authority to fire Bowles.

Don't get me wrong.....there's lots and lots to blame Macc for....but Bowles isn't one of them.

• Upvote 1

On 2/12/2019 at 4:26 PM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Not being dramatic. The people who take issue with what I said are bringing the drama. From what I have seen people post about Macc, I can't help but think that people want him to fail. People like this exist. I have seen this type of behavior before with opponents of the last two presidents. 

@jgb You thought that you "got me" but all you did was fail miserably. I never CLAIMED anything.  Nice try though. Sorry that something I said triggered you. Not really sorry, but you know what I mean. 

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, IndianaJet said:

And technically, that wasn't his issue.  Macc didn't hire Bowles.  In fact, Bowles was hired the day before Macc.

And as we all know, with the structure of the FO, Macc had no authority to fire Bowles.

Don't get me wrong.....there's lots and lots to blame Macc for....but Bowles isn't one of them.

lol so it’s not his fault? He knew the situation when he signed up for the job.

On 2/14/2019 at 2:24 PM, LIJetsFan said:

This is not necessarily true.  Belechek brings in jags, gets them to perform, releases them and they return to being jags.  Coaching mean more than most Jets fans credit.  

There's one of him at HC. There are about 30 HCs in the league at any given time where @NYJ1 is dead-on in this area. 

In 2015 Bowles went 10-6 with Fitzpatrick, while Payton went 7-9 with Brees. Is there anybody alive who thinks Bowles is the superior HC? Based on HC and QB alone - commonly believed to be the 2 most important ingredients to a team - how is it possible Payton ever had a season with fewer than 3 wins more than Bowles, let alone 3 wins fewer outright? Reid was 11-5 that year also with a better QB and played in an easier division (the 2 divisional losers were 4 of those 11 wins), so this minor win disparity would suggest one coached about as well as the other that year. 

Belichick smelichick. The rare exception doesn't disprove the rule in general. 

If you think Gase is on par with Belichick as a HC, and Darnold at least as good a QB as a veteran Tom Brady, then much of the rest of the roster is far less important. Since neither of those statements is true (or likely to ever be true), the rest of the roster is all-important. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

@jgb You thought that you "got me" but all you did was fail miserably. I never CLAIMED anything.  Nice try though. Sorry that something I said triggered you. Not really sorry, but you know what I mean. 

I googled “triggered” (new term for me), but I am having trouble applying the concept. Could you put it into context for me? 

• Thumb Down 1

9 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

There's one of him at HC. There are about 30 HCs in the league at any given time where @NYJ1 is dead-on in this area. 

In 2015 Bowles went 10-6 with Fitzpatrick, while Payton went 7-9 with Brees. Is there anybody alive who thinks Bowles is the superior HC? Based on HC and QB alone - commonly believed to be the 2 most important ingredients to a team - how is it possible Payton ever had a season with fewer than 3 wins more than Bowles, let alone 3 wins fewer outright? Reid was 11-5 that year also with a better QB and played in an easier division (the 2 divisional losers were 4 of those 11 wins), so this minor win disparity would suggest one coached about as well as the other that year. 

Belichick smelichick. The rare exception doesn't disprove the rule in general. 

If you think Gase is on par with Belichick as a HC, and Darnold at least as good a QB as a veteran Tom Brady, then much of the rest of the roster is far less important. Since neither of those statements is true (or likely to ever be true), the rest of the roster is all-important. 

Sorry sperm but you've seem to have missed my point.  All I was trying to say is that some coaches get more out of players than other coaches.  

btw re 2015, the Jets had the easiest schedule in history.  Also Bowles "had" the team his first year just like Rex "had" the team this first 2 years.  Having the team buying in counts for one hell of a lot as well.  Once a team stops buying in the head coach might just as well go home.   

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

He’s entering his 5th year. He’s out of breaks. For as bad as Bowles was, Macc is just as bad. It’s a dead and buried horse. He’s going to have to hit straight As this offseason to even remotely think about keeping his job. He’s on the hot seat and deservedly so. 

I don't disagree he's on the hot seat, yet theres some good things Macc has done for this franchise, Bowles on the other hand I'm still searching for that one good thing he ever did for us....was it keep Skrine in the slot with his Div 2 ability? Hmmm...

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, TNJet said:

I don't disagree he's on the hot seat, yet theres some good things Macc has done for this franchise, Bowles on the other hand I'm still searching for that one good thing he ever did for us....was it keep Skrine in the slot with his Div 2 ability? Hmmm...

Bowles was bad. But he didn’t give Skrine 8 million a year to suck and therefore must continue to be played. 

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

7 minutes ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

Bowles was bad. But he didn’t give Skrine 8 million a year to suck and therefore must continue to be played

The salary of a player should Not dictate the amount of playing time he gets... if there is another player considerably better & he is Not played because of this then whoever is responsible for that Should Fired Immediately... be it the Coach or the GM or Both.

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, LIJetsFan said:

Sorry sperm but you've seem to have missed my point.  All I was trying to say is that some coaches get more out of players than other coaches.  

btw re 2015, the Jets had the easiest schedule in history.  Also Bowles "had" the team his first year just like Rex "had" the team this first 2 years.  Having the team buying in counts for one hell of a lot as well.  Once a team stops buying in the head coach might just as well go home.   

I don't disagree, and of course coaching matters. But using Belichick isn't the way tomorrow it; there's one of him. Among the rest, it's mostly the roster. Oh a new hire or very emotional coach can fire up a team to get everyone to play at their theoretically peak, but it doesn't last. In the short term lots of bad coaches can have some success, but long term 98% of coaches just need the horses (and more horses than just a QB). Jmo.

• Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, jetsons said:

The salary of a player should Not dictate the amount of playing time he gets... if there is another player considerably better & he is Not played because of this then whoever is responsible for that Should Fired Immediately... be it the Coach or the GM or Both.

That’s the problem. That’s not really how NFL rosters are constructed. Skrine was not only overpaid but there was also very little behind him because Macc is also bad at drafting. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, CrazyCarl40 said:

That’s the problem. That’s not really how NFL rosters are constructed. Skrine was not only overpaid but there was also very little behind him because Macc is also bad at drafting. 

I can agree with that... & That's why macc Should Have been Fired along w/Bowles.

• Upvote 1

I am really fascinated by this thread:  

His evaluation of players past their prime and the reality of not being able to bring in talent through the draft to build a competitive team really has me scratching my head for Free agency 2019.  Last year's FA's of Long, crowell are gone or will be gone.  T. Johnson as Manish reports the Jets have buyers remorse.

"Fool me once shame on you, Fool me twice shame on me"

Does signing Paradis scare me, yes: Has had multiple surgeries

L Bell: Thats a lot of money that I think he will spend to make a splash. 

Here is were I will be positive and say that I hope Mac learned from the deal that did not happen last year.  Kirk Counsins not signing that deal that the Jets offered was the best thing that happened for the Jets.  I hope he learned from that and brings in young talent.

• Sympathy 1

39 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Examine our roster and tell me thats an NFL roster that was put together by a GM with a clue. 

I’m convinced that the goal of our owner/front office is to build a crap team that is a punching bag for opposing teams/fans which helps with ticket sales. Our average attendance last year was 2nd to only the Cowboys from what I saw(could be wrong) but many that went to games felt that we were the away team in our own stadium.

I’m almost convinced that we are purposely being sabotaged. It’s either that or incompetence on s level that I’ve never seen before besides the Cleveland Browns years ago but even they had a plan these last few years. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

Just now, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m convinced that the goal of our owner/front office is to build a crap team that is a punching bag for opposing fans which helps with ticket sales. Our average attendance last year was 2nd to only the Cowboys from what I saw(could be wrong) but many that went to games felt that we were the away team in our own stadium.

SOR I is going to be upset with you. 

• Haha 1

Just now, joewilly12 said:

SOR I is going to be upset with you. 

Who cares. I wish I didn’t feel this way or there wasn’t reason for suspicion but most of the moves/performance and results make it seem this way. If our ticket sales were really that good, it has to do with opposing team fans not thinking twice purchasing tickets knowing that it’ll most likely be a win and a fun experience. 

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Who cares. I wish I didn’t feel this way or there wasn’t reason for suspicion but most of the moves/performance and results make it seem this way. If our ticket sales were really that good, it has to do with opposing team fans not thinking twice purchasing tickets knowing that it’ll most likely be a win and a fun experience. 

Your thoughts aren't that far fetched the last few seasons have been horrendous at the stadium regardless of who we are playing there are a large amount of visiting teams fans. Years ago it was just a few big draws. 

Just now, joewilly12 said:

Your thoughts aren't that far fetched the last few seasons have been horrendous at the stadium regardless of who we are playing there are a large amount of visiting teams fans. 

That’s great for business. It’s one of the few metrics that the Jets did great at. Literally #2 to only the Cowboys and they have a bigger stadium. It isn’t because of the fanbase either, it’s the insaane amount of opposing team fans that moves the needle. Especially when tickets are dirt cheap from sucking. It’s a perfect storm. 

3 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

That’s great for business. It’s one of the few metrics that the Jets did great at. Literally #2 to only the Cowboys and they have a bigger stadium. It isn’t because of the fanbase either, it’s the insaane amount of opposing team fans that moves the needle. Especially when tickets are dirt cheap from sucking. It’s a perfect storm. 

Agree and the fact that you can purchase single game tickets/season tickets in seating areas where many dedicated diehard committed fans paid PSL fees for is criminal. 

Add in a large prescience of opposing teams and thats a disaster. 

Executive of the Year keeping things real. 

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

Examine our roster and tell me thats an NFL roster that was put together by a GM with a clue. 

Well I've examined the roster and as of today there are ONLY 39 PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT.  THE LEAST IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.  So for anyone who likes to coo about "100 Million under the cap", lots of that has to be spent on just fielding a team.

Don't even call him a GM.  He's a GM like Bowles is a coach.

Going to be some fireworks with Gase/Williams vs Maccagnan.  Even the Jet owners know the guy is an idiot.  There decision to keep him inexplicably for a 5th year are two-fold.  Not wanting to look bad and firing both incompetents after extending them to the howls of disapproval by almost all Jet fans only 1 year ago and not wanting to pay Maccagnan AND a real GM at the same time.

• Upvote 4
  • Sympathy 2

On 2/17/2019 at 8:52 PM, jetsons said:

This is how MacBowlesJohnsons have clearly operated.  

*By now Mac must know that he suks recognizing talent.

*Most of us figure that Mac was heavily influenced by Bowles in his roster building.

*The only hope now is that 1) Gase and Williams have equal/greater influense on Mac and that 2) Gase and Williams know what the hell they are doing.

*It ain't easy being green.

• Upvote 1

Do you think that Adam Gase will be intimately involved in personnel decisions and will he be better at it than Todd Bowles? — Al Amadio‏ @amadio_al 

Mike Maccagnan has contractual control over the 53-man roster, so he’ll have final say on all personnel matters. The general manager, however, believes in a collaborative process, so Gase will certainly have an important voice.

It will be pivotal for Gase – and Williams - to properly identify which players make the most sense for their schemes. Truth be told, Bowles struggled with understanding which players fit best in the Jets offensive and defensive schemes. His staff would identify seemingly good fits only to abandon ship after getting the players in-house.

Great coaches understand exactly which players make the most sense for their systems.