Creepy Lurker

FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

On 11/18/2018 at 10:06 AM, kthisguy said:

I would actually say Mac is worse than Idzik. Idzik and Mac first round picks are eerily similar in strategy.

Idzik takes Milner (a highly regarded draft pick that fell out of the top 5) Richardson (a solid pick) and Prior (a head coach’s guy).

Mac took Williams (the “top guy” in the draft), Lee (a coach’s pick), Adams and Darnold (both guys that fell to us).

Second round picks- Idzik takes Geno (he did not work out but he was the Best QB prospect in the draft and we needed a QB) and Amaro (we needed a TE and he was talked about as borderline first round talent). Both misses but hard to fault the picks on draft day.

Mac- Smith borderline first round talent and we needed speed. Hackenberg a total reach and had bust written all over it from the start. Maye double dipped on Safety not a bad player if healthy but so many other needs.

The later rounds Idzik looked for roster depth at positions of need. The late rounds have a very high fail rate. He hit on Winters, Enewa and Dosier (kind of).

Mac have been Snell and ? He doesn’t even look like he knows the holes in the roster. In the third round this year he goes small school DL when Orlando Brown is there. A once first rounder who would be depth for an old and low talent line.

FA- Idzik was killed for letting Cormartie-Rodgers leave for the giants. It was actually the right move. He also cleared the books for Mac.

Mac- his signings have been poor on the whole. A few low cost signings have worked out however the big contracts have not.

We ran Idzik out in two years and set to give Mac more time with less success?!???

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Macagnan is just as bad as Idzik

14 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Gotta get rid of this guy. 

It’s a bad sign when you’re best draft by far in 4 years you only had like 3 picks

Bump. After what we saw last night, how could you not want this guy gone? Do you have eyes? We built the opposite team of what we saw and it shows. 

• Butt Fumble 1

On 11/18/2018 at 10:25 AM, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Adams fell to us at 6. Darnold did not fall to us at 3. Macc moved up so that we were guaranteed one of the four top QB's in the draft. We were able to move up because of another great trade. Richardson for a 2nd and Kearse is one of his few gems. Based on the fact that the Giants were going to take Barkley, the Jets were getting a franchise QB at 3, no matter what. If the Browns took Darnold, we would have had our choice between Mayfied, Rosen, or Allen. Let's not gloss over some of the good things that Macc did. If we are going to tar and feather him for blunders like Hackenberg and the dynamic receiving trio of Devin Smith, ArDarius Stewart, and Chad Hansen, we can praise him for the times when he threw poop against the wall and some of it stuck.

He still has to go, but I will never forget how he landed Darnold. 

We dont know if Darnold is good yet. He also blindly traded up out of desperation due to drafting a safety the year prior. There is no overarching plan here. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/18/2018 at 9:23 AM, Lith said:

More on Maccagnan from Jason at OTC:

The 2nd-4th rounds are where you build the foundation of your football team. Mac, hired because he was supposed to be a top-notch talent evaluator, has been an absolute bust there. And his first rounders may get on the field, but so far (holding out hope for Sam!) none of them has been a difference maker. 

The idea that they're gonna fire Bowles but keep this guy makes me nauseous.  

• Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

We dont know if Darnold is good yet. He also blindly traded up out of desperation due to drafting a safety the year prior.

It goes completely undiscussed around here, but we ended up with Adams + Darnold, when we could have ended up with Watson/Mahomes + [6th overall pick in 2018] + [2nd round pick in 2018] + [2nd round pick in 2018] +[2nd round pick in 2019]. Whatever you think about the three QBs in question, it’s just a complete disaster of asset management.

• Upvote 4

1 minute ago, slats said:

The 2nd-4th rounds are where you build the foundation of your football team. Mac, hired because he was supposed to be a top-notch talent evaluator, has been an absolute bust there. And his first rounders may get on the field, but so far (holding out hope for Sam!) none of them has been a difference maker. 

The idea that they're gonna fire Bowles but keep this guy makes me nauseous.  

It sickens me to the point of ruining this team for me. I will be so pissed that it will change the way that I’m a fan of this team. No more non stop following every transaction. No more message board non stop for info. It’ll be very passive. I’ll watch games and not worry about the other things because it’s ALL FOR NOTHING. We will be ruined by keeping Mac and set back for another 5 years while ruining Sam and squandering his roomier contract.

This is a VERY SERIOUS issue for this team and that’s why I will continue to push the agenda. We are literally at a defining moment for this franchise and I have a bad feeling that it’s going to go the wrong way. 

• Butt Fumble 1

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

It goes completely undiscussed around here, but we ended up with Adams + Darnold, when we could have ended up with Watson/Mahomes + [6th overall pick in 2018] + [2nd round pick in 2018] + [2nd round pick in 2018] +[2nd round pick in 2019]. Whatever you think about the three QBs in question, it’s just a complete disaster of asset management.

I try not to play hindsight since Mac defenders will use that as an excuse. I give Mac as much benefit of the doubt to show that he is STILL TERRIBLE despite all the excuses and leeway. “Oh the rebuild only started last year, the first 2 drafts and young free agents don’t count blah blah blah.” Let that be their only argument because it’s 100% wrong.

I do agree with you that the asset management and amount of great players that we missed, especially at positions that we needed, is unbelievable. He’s trying to ruin this team. 

• Butt Fumble 1

On 11/17/2018 at 6:09 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

If we keep Mac, I’m just going to laugh at all the terrible moves and when it all crashes even more. I’m not rooting for it but I won’t be disappointed by it either. You have to just laugh at this point. I figured out how to finally enjoy the Jets. 

That's how people stay married/together. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
  • Butt Fumble 1

9 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

yeah but Travis Kelce isnt walking through that door

1 minute ago, playtowinthegame said:

That how people stay married/together. 

It’s true. This is a very unhealthy and one sided relationship where the side that is calling the shots, it ALWAYS WRONG and does not have to answer to anyone. It’s honeslty hopeless.

Despite how much we care, we have no impact on the change nor should we. If it’s truly run this poorly and the owners don’t care, we can’t expect change. They make their money so why bother fixing it? 

• Butt Fumble 1

On 11/18/2018 at 9:34 AM, joewilly12 said:

FIRE MIKE MACCAGNAN TODAY

Wilkerson ($17.2M)
T. Johnson ($14.5M)
Revis ($14M)
Fitzpatrick ($12M)
McCown ($10M)
Marshall ($8.7M)
Clady ($8M)
Beachum ($8M)
Williamson ($7.5M)
Winters ($7.3M)

That list is the kind of evidence that proves what a hack Mac is.

• Upvote 3
  • Butt Fumble 1

6 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It sickens me to the point of ruining this team for me. I will be so pissed that it will change the way that I’m a fan of this team. No more non stop following every transaction. No more message board non stop for info. It’ll be very passive. I’ll watch games and not worry about the other things because it’s ALL FOR NOTHING. We will be ruined by keeping Mac and set back for another 5 years while ruining Sam and squandering his roomier contract.

This is a VERY SERIOUS issue for this team and that’s why I will continue to push the agenda. We are literally at a defining moment for this franchise and I have a bad feeling that it’s going to go the wrong way. 

I missed the last two games because I was on vacation and the Jets were not worth leaving my beach chair for a sports bar. This past Sunday, I was at work and watched Narcos Mexico on my computer rather than the football games on the TV. Tuning in this week to watch Belichick completely embarrass this team is not high on my list of priorities right now. If McCown's starting, I probably won't bother. 

The house needs to be cleaned. 

• Upvote 3

Just now, playtowinthegame said:

That list is the kind of evidence that proves what a hack Mac is.

I’m being generous when I say there are 4 names on that list that were really good(Williamson) to ok moves(Marshall,Beachum,Winters). The rest are terrible. 

• Butt Fumble 1

Just now, slats said:

I missed the last two games because I was on vacation and the Jets were not worth leaving my beach chair for a sports bar. This past Sunday, I was at work and watched Narcos Mexico on my computer rather than the football games on the TV. Tuning in this week to watch Belichick completely embarrass this team is not high on my list of priorities right now. If McCown's starting, I probably won't bother. 

The house needs to be cleaned. 

You picked probably the best time ever to not watch 2 games. I suggest that you do watch hilights (lowlights) of these games. The Bills game was unbelievable given that they are a complete trash team. 

• Butt Fumble 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You picked probably the best time ever to not watch 2 games. I suggest that you do watch hilights (lowlights) of these games. The Bills game was unbelievable given that they are a complete trash team. 

I stopped watching the bills game midway 1st qtr

26 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

This is a situation where one draft mistake leads to several draft mistakes.  If Maccagnan just acknowledges what so many already knew about Hackenberg, he could of had either one of the guys you mentioned.  But instead he refuses to admit he made a colossal mistake, doubles down on the development of Hack and takes a box safety with the 6th pick.  Now you would have thought he would have started building an offense at that point, but he didn’t.  He takes two safeties with the first two picks.  So not only does he miss on a QB that he didn’t have to trade up for, he failed to address the offense properly, and then forced himself into having to trade up to get a QB the following year.  

He should be fired for these blunders alone.  Then add in poor FA signings, avoiding premium positions in the draft and having the worst offensive roster in the entire league.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s true. This is a very unhealthy and one sided relationship where the side that is calling the shots, it ALWAYS WRONG and does not have to answer to anyone. It’s honeslty hopeless.

Despite how much we care, we have no impact on the change nor should we. If it’s truly run this poorly and the owners don’t care, we can’t expect change. They make their money so why bother fixing it? 

We need new ownership for sure. How many other franchises would have kept both Maccagnan and Bowles this long? Only those pathetic type franchises that haven't won a championship in over a half century. Browns, Lions, Cardinals.

• Upvote 1
  • Butt Fumble 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I’m being generous when I say there are 4 names on that list that were really good(Williamson) to ok moves(Marshall,Beachum,Winters). The rest are terrible. 

Four years ago Mack came in with a huge amount of cap space and the #6 overall pick. Is the team better now than it was?

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

We dont know if Darnold is good yet. He also blindly traded up out of desperation due to drafting a safety the year prior. There is no overarching plan here. 

We don't know if Darnold is going to be good, but we do know that he has the potential to be a franchise QB. You can teach a QB how to fix their happy feet, but you can't teach dropping passes on a dime. In his short time as Jets QB, he has made some impressive throws, and has shown that he has the mental make up to be a starting QB in NY.  

Saying that he blindly traded up is completely baseless, and is intellectually dishonest. If you want to trash Macc for his other failed picks, I won't argue, but to say that he blindly traded up to three to land Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen is a staggeringly bad take. 

2 hours ago, Matt39 said:

LMAO 

I get bashing some of Maccs bad moves. There are enough to go around. But trading up to put himself in position to take Baker/Sam/Rosen/Allen or whoever they graded as the top 2/3 QBs was a great move that paid off dividends.  

If we had stayed at 6 and the Bills traded up to 3 and landed Darnold, you would be absolutely destroying Macc.  

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

LMAO 

I get bashing some of Maccs bad moves. There are enough to go around. But trading up to put himself in position to take Baker/Sam/Rosen/Allen or whoever they graded as the top 2/3 QBs was a great move that paid off dividends.  

If we had stayed at 6 and the Bills traded up to 3 and landed Darnold, you would be absolutely destroying Macc.  

How has it paid off? We are about to fire another coach and Darnold is out with an injury no one can seem to describe. 

A better scenario would have been to take one of the two QB's on the board last year at 6, instead of a safety, and saved the remaining picks to draft I dont know, someone who scores touchdowns.

• Upvote 1
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Four years ago Mack came in with a huge amount of cap space and the #6 overall pick. Is the team better now than it was?

I'd say slightly better, but barely. Macc has spent the past three years fixing the mess that Macc put us in. 

Yes, I said Macc twice.

1 minute ago, Matt39 said:

How has it paid off? We are about to fire another coach and Darnold is out with an injury no one can seem to describe. 

A better scenario would have been to take one of the two QB's on the board last year at 6, instead of a safety, and saved the remaining picks to draft I dont know, someone who scores touchdowns.

One situation has nothing to do with the other. 20/20 hindsight says we should have drafted Mahomes, but we can play the hindsight game all the way back to when we passed over Dan Marino.

Macc turning three second rounders into a potential franchise QB is a great move, no matter how much you want to bring irrelevant information into the argument. 

6 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

So you are judging the career of Darnold based on a minor foot injury that kept him out of 1 game, maybe 2? Gotcha. Definitely thinking rationally. I will slowly remove myself from this very sane discussion we are having. You are correct. Darnold is an injury prone bust that we should cut.  

4 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

So you are judging the career of Darnold based on a minor foot injury that kept him out of 1 game, maybe 2? Gotcha. Definitely thinking rationally. I will slowly remove myself from this very sane discussion we are having. You are correct. Darnold is an injury prone bust that we should cut.  

Judging his career? No. But to say his season hasn't taken a bizarre turn wouldn't be honest.

6 minutes ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

One situation has nothing to do with the other. 20/20 hindsight says we should have drafted Mahomes, but we can play the hindsight game all the way back to when we passed over Dan Marino.

Macc turning three second rounders into a potential franchise QB is a great move, no matter how much you want to bring irrelevant information into the argument. 

Drafting a safety over a QB is a terrible move, no matter how much you want to give credit for trading up for a QB he wouldnt know would be there.

28 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

Of course not. Why are you even asking me this?

• Butt Fumble 1

20 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Drafting a safety over a QB is a terrible move, no matter how much you want to give credit for trading up for a QB he wouldnt know would be there.

At the time of that draft . Mahomes had Boom or bust written all over him. At the time, he wasn't as sure of a thing as Jamal Adams. It was a risky pick for KC, and it worked out for them. It would have been a riskier pick for us, considering our talent level and the disaster that was hackenburg

29 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Who was making that argument? Not me. Do you know what a straw man is? We are not talking about Macc's failures as a GM. This argument is about his trade from six to three. 

I'll try this again, because you're being obstinate. He traded up to 3 in order to guarantee that he comes away with one of the top 3 QB's. There was a 100% chance that either Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen was going to be there at 3.  I'm not sure how this is even an argument. 

1 minute ago, TheNuuFaaolaExperience said:

Who was making that argument? Not me. Do you know what a straw man is? We are not talking about Macc's failures as a GM. This argument is about his trade from six to three. 

I'll try this again, because you're being obstinate. He traded up to 3 in order to guarantee that he comes away with one of the top 3 QB's. There was a 100% chance that either Darnold, Mayfield, or Rosen was going to be there at 3.  I'm not sure how this is even an argument. 

Why not?

At the time of that draft . Mahomes had Boom or bust written all over him. At the time, he wasn't as sure of a thing as Jamal Adams. It was a risky pick for KC, and it worked out for them. It would have been a riskier pick for us, considering our talent level and the disaster that was hackenburg
Don't forget that kc did not plan on starting Mahomes right away because they were comfortable enough with Alex Smith as their quarterback.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app