FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

3 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

The coward spineless clueless owners have no clue about anything football related this is why they have no choice but to retain MM.

Don't they realize he is the worst GM in the NFL. 

There is no substitute for victory and a successful organization winning is what its all about. 

MM and TB are losers 4 years in a row losers the worst football in the NFL is on display every time the NY Jets step on the field.

Our roster is the worst in the NFL. 

Im a lifelong diehard we all are the most resilient fans in the NFL. 

WE DESERVE BETTER if the Johnson brothers cant fix it SELL THE TEAM. 

joewilly12

One of the few people where glasses don’t even make him look smarter.

• Haha 2

7 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

My problem is we have all seen this picture before when he had a lot of money when he first arrived with the Jets.  That money was spent on players who no longer contribute to our team.  Revis, Cromartie, Fitzpatrick, etc.  No replacements for DBrick or Mangold. Draft picks not being developed.  Trumaine Johnson is  costing a lot of money over the next few years.  So my point is, how is him spending money and running the draft going to change this year?  He has not shown improvement.

The other side of the argument is we keep moving on and on and on and on and on.

I'm guessing we would have been in a better place if we kept Tannibaum and Mangini at this point.

10 years ago today I went to TENN and watched the Favre JETS....   I wasn’t that tied to the mechanics but I do still think we cut Mangini loose too early.  REX got 5 years.  Bowles 4. 

We drafted better and who knows but 2 years after Mangini we are very weak on talent. 

• Upvote 4

Just a friendly reminder as he scores a TD in the Sunday Night game.
Aaron Jones was the 182nd pick in the 2017 draft.  Jets had the 181st pick and Macc took Dylan Donahue.

#Fire Macc!!!

Why do you remind me? Do you recall how many times I mocked A Jones to the jets? I’m watching players all over the nfl make plays that sting in the Mack era

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

25 minutes ago, Lith said:

Just a friendly reminder as he scores a TD in the Sunday Night game.

Aaron Jones was the 182nd pick in the 2017 draft.  Jets had the 181st pick and Macc took Dylan Donahue.

#Fire Macc!!!

But Mayock said Donahue had a huge upside. Division X overager with arms shorter than a midget. Throw in the offseason regressions and that's the icing on the cake.

Edit:

#Fire Macc!!!

• Sympathy 2

9 minutes ago, Paradis said:

Why do you remind me? Do you recall how many times I mocked A Jones to the jets? I’m watching players all over the nfl make plays that sting in the Mack era

Oh, come on, now.  You did not need reminding.  You knew exactly when he was picked and who we picked ahead of him.  Just like you know which RB who is also playing tonight we could have taken in the 2nd round that year or which OL (also playing tonight) we could have taken in the 3rd instead of trading back and taking aArdarius Stewart.

Fire Macc!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

On 11/15/2018 at 7:50 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

But do you see how this makes no sense? He’s already on an incredibly short leash due to poor performance. Knowing this and the fact that he doesn’t have a good look based on performance, will surely hinder our head coach search and close the door on some of the best candidates instead of giving us every option available to make the best choice.

You are even saying that after another “lousy draft”, you gotta get rid of him. Why would you even keep him around in the first place and RISK all of that happening and putting us in a worse situation next year when we finally fire and blow it up then?

You are either suggesting that:

1.we hire and fire a head coach after 1 year.

2.keep mac for longer which would require an extension BEFORE the head coach search and will scare away candidates because he sucks.

3.Fire Mac after 1 year and keep the head coach which is another Rex/Idzik situation and will scare away the best GM candidates.

Like I’ve said earlier, everyone had a right to their opinion but please explain how any of this is good for us, makes sense and why you would risk all that for Mac who has hurt us more than help and proven NOTHING? 

We keep thinking Macc is on a short leash. I’m not so sure anymore. I don’t think a GM on a short leash would be okay with his prize rookie QB sitting if he was. Unlike most guys who are happy to see Sam sit because they don’t want Bowles to screw him up, I think it’s a move Macc allows only knowing he’s safe.

• Thumb Down 1

I still say the more egregious part of McCagnan is his 'plan' for building a team.  His draft success has been about as good as idziks but his plan is pure awful, especially when he seemingly learned nothing from his time in Houston and the David Carr debacle.  It takes a few years to build an oline unless you get real lucky. 

The only hope for this team to make any kind of leap next year is a brilliant young offensive coach that can make bad players look good.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Beerfish said:

I still say the more egregious part of McCagnan is his 'plan' for building a team.  His draft success has been about as good as idziks but his plan is pure awful, especially when he seemingly learned nothing from his time in Houston and the David Carr debacle.  It takes a few years to build an oline unless you get real lucky. 

The only hope for this team to make any kind of leap next year is a brilliant young offensive coach that can make bad players look good.

Good luck with that happening. 

• Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

The number of good things Macc has done are dwindling.  Leonard Williams and Darron Lee are proving that even the 1st rounder aren't immune from Maccagnan blunders.

I'll speak Woody's language here.  Make the Jets Great Not a Laughing Stock Again.  Fire Maccagnan!

Yeah this is ugly. Really disappointed in Leo. Lee looked a little better but I never had much hope for him and he’s not a scheme fit. We need to trade Leo. I was hoping for a 2nd because teams can be stupid but I’d be happy with a 3rd. He sucks.

Just sign veteran rn stopper/space eaters in a 3-4. Drafting Dline non stop for so long has really set us back badly. We didn’t resign any and neglected the o-line instead. Now look at what we have. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

10 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yeah this is ugly. Really disappointed in Leo. Lee looked a little better but I never had much hope for him and he’s not a scheme fit. We need to trade Leo. I was hoping for a 2nd because teams can be stupid but I’d be happy with a 3rd. He sucks.

And this is yet another reason why both the GM and HC reporting to the owner is not a good strategy unless the owner knows what he's doing.  Which ours clearly doesn't. 

The scheme either:  1) Needs to be adapted to fit the personnel, or 2) The players need to be chosen with the scheme in mind.  Neither of these were the case when we took Williams.  Macc chose a square peg for a round hole, and Bowles f*cked it all up. 

I almost guarantee if he ends up on a team with a solid 4-3 scheme he'll have a resurgence, because Jets. 

Oh, come on, now.  You did not need reminding.  You knew exactly when he was picked and who we picked ahead of him.  Just like you know which RB who is also playing tonight we could have taken in the 2nd round that year or which OL (also playing tonight) we could have taken in the 3rd instead of trading back and taking aArdarius Stewart.
Fire Macc!!!

Your words cut like cold steal!!