FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

Red means stop

The Jets are the worst team in the NFL in the red zone, converting 40.7 percent of their trips into touchdowns this season. But during the losing streak, it has not been about red-zone conversions as much as it is just the infrequency with which the Jets have gotten inside the 20. They have had just seven trips to the red zone in five games. They had none in the 13-6 loss to the Dolphins and just one in the losses to the Bears and Bills.

No pressure

Tom Brady was barely touched Sunday, and that has become a consistent problem with the Jets. They have eight sacks during the five-game losing streak, with four of them coming against Brock Osweiler and the Dolphins. They had one sack in the losses to the Bills and Vikings and no sacks against Brady.

• Upvote 1

Just sayin....

I'm sick of the cycle.    Hire a rookie GM... he sucks at his job partly because he's a rookie...  fire him 2, 3 years in, when he's gaining experience...  bring in new rookie GM... he sucks at his job partly because he's a rookie... fire him for another rookie GM.

20 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Just sayin....

I'm sick of the cycle.    Hire a rookie GM... he sucks at his job partly because he's a rookie...  fire him 2, 3 years in, when he's gaining experience...  bring in new rookie GM... he sucks at his job partly because he's a rookie... fire him for another rookie GM.

I hate the cycle too but it’s gotten so bad and we clearly missed on both Bowles and Mac. We have to change for the sake of changing. It’s hard to find a duo this bad that are each individually horrible. I’m sure the Johnson dolts feel the same way and really don’t want to deal with this again.

Woody swung, completely missed and hit himself in the balls. It’s way worse than the Idzik years and that’s scary. That’s why he is distancing himself and doesn’t care. I honestly believe that firing Rex ruined this team for him. He had a BLAST with Rex. It’s night and day and I’m sure he isn’t taking well to it. 

So to summarize, not wanting to repeat the cycle again is not a good enough reason NOT to fire Mac. You hire an experienced GM or a rookie GM that had success with drafting elsewhere and put and EXPERIENCED president of football above him. They both hire the coach, President has final say and coach reports to GM. A true hierarchy with an EXPERIENCED president of football that can execute a long term vision and not make bad decisions based on job security concerns. 

• Thumb Down 1

Mac should be fired before Bowles ..30 seconds before Bowles ..but first nonetheless..he’s that bad ...We’re in Kotite territory now ..we need a Parcells moment ...full control to Jim Harbaugh or Shanahan ...3rd choice John Harbaugh with a real GM and a CEO of offense coordinator type ..no choice now . 

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jolot said:

Mac should be fired before Bowles ..30 seconds before Bowles ..but first nonetheless..he’s that bad ...We’re in Kotite territory now ..we need a Parcells moment ...full control to Jim Harbaugh or Shanahan ...3rd choice John Harbaugh with a real GM and a CEO of offense coordinator type ..no choice now . 

“You want a toe?”

• Thumb Down 1

1 hour ago, Creepy Lurker said:

You hire an experienced GM.

1 hour ago, Jolot said:

we need a Parcells moment ...full control to Jim Harbaugh or Shanahan ...3rd choice John Harbaugh with a real GM and a CEO of offense coordinator type ..no choice now . 

I agree... but those guys aren't coming here.  So whats your plan B?  It's rookie GM and spin the cycle.  

Look, Macc has sucked, but he had valuable training on our dime.  Last year he looked like he was finally competent.  Rookie may be worse.

Just now, dcJet said:

I agree... but those guys aren't coming here.  So whats your plan B?  It's rookie GM and spin the cycle.  

Look, Macc has sucked, but he had valuable training on our dime.  Last year he looked like he was finally competent.  Rookie may be worse.

Mac has shown enough in regards to incompetence and incorrect draft philosophy. You can’t just do a total 180.

I like your point about “training on our dime” but there’s only so much training that you can do. A bust is a bust. Vernon Gholston can train all he wants. He’ll never be LT. Mac is essentially Gholston. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1

20 hours ago, jgb said:

All drafts look good at first, give it a year

And we're the only team whose fan base talks up their rookies & 2nd year players in anticipation of breakout seasons. Literally no one else does that because no one else has drafted as well as we.

How lucky we are. Bowles is so terrible clearly he should have won 3 SBs with these great rosters. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

And we're the only team whose fan base talks up their rookies & 2nd year players in anticipation of breakout seasons. Literally no one else does that because no one else has drafted as well as we.

How lucky we are. Bowles is so terrible clearly he should have won 3 SBs with these great rosters. 

Yep. We love crowing players before they actually breakout....cough cough Chris Herndon. He has showed promise and we “hope” he turns out solid but he hasn’t shown enough, may be the product of a stagnant offense that relies on a TE as a safety valve and may not be that good. Hope is dangerous.

If you judge things as if they already happened because you “hope”, you will surely be disappointed and it’s no way to gauge a draft pick. 

• Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Yep. We love crowing players before they actually breakout....cough cough Chris Herndon. He has showed promise and we “hope” he turns out solid but he hasn’t shown enough, may be the product of a stagnant offense that relies on a TE as a safety valve and may not be that good. Hope is dangerous.

If you judge things as if they already happened because you “hope”, you will surely be disappointed and it’s no way to gauge a draft pick. 

Hard to say. Obviously no one wants him to be bad just to prove a point, since even if he is decent Macc should still be fired instantaneously. But I don't know what to make of him yet. Would he be better in a better scenario? Perhaps, or perhaps in a better scenario he'd be getting a lot less attention. On many teams he wouldn't even be on the field much. Amaro's numbers weren't far off (and that was with Geno) before he just suddenly disappeared once Decker started healing and Harvin was added. I'm not saying that's going to happen to Herndon. Probably not, and hopefully not, but you're right in that such praise is premature. But people can be hopeful; he's looked ok, and there isn't much else to be hopeful about. Maybe he's not looking so good as to be proportional to the praise of some, but for a rookie he's looked fine. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Hard to say. Obviously no one wants him to be bad just to prove a point, since even if he is decent Macc should still be fired instantaneously. But I don't know what to make of him yet. Would he be better in a better scenario? Perhaps, or perhaps in a better scenario he'd be getting a lot less attention. On many teams he wouldn't even be on the field much. Amaro's numbers weren't far off (and that was with Geno) before he just suddenly disappeared once Decker started healing and Harvin was added. I'm not saying that's going to happen to Herndon. Probably not, and hopefully not, but you're right in that such praise is premature. But people can be hopeful; he's looked ok, and there isn't much else to be hopeful about. Maybe he's not looking so good as to be proportional to the praise of some, but for a rookie he's looked fine. 

He has looked fine and I’m more than happy with the pick. There’s just too much unproven praise and given our drafting history, we should probably calm down as a fanbase. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Geno didn't have weaponz. 

On 11/26/2018 at 5:52 PM, dcJet said:

Macc is improving.  I'd keep him vs. getting another rookie GM.

Macc had a decent 2018 - GM'ing may be slowing down for him and he knows now what not to do.

He had his best draft but that’s not saying much.  Trumaine Johnson looks like another disaster 

• Upvote 3

With each passing day, it should become more and more clear to the Johnson Brothers that Maccagnan is a huge cause of the problem.  The Jets need a new GM desperately and letting this guy pick a head coach with his horrid track record will be one of the dumbest things in the history of the franchise. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

With each passing day, it should become more and more clear to the Johnson Brothers that Maccagnan is a huge cause of the problem.  The Jets need a new GM desperately and letting this guy pick a head coach with his horrid track record will be one of the dumbest things in the history of the franchise. 

Lose out and show how horrible our talent actually is. If keeping Macc is as simple as NO ONE wants to come here, then we are permanently screwed. It’s as simple as that. If we are that hated by the league (coaches,GMs,players), then we might as well sell the team.

I’m sure woody just doesn’t care and will keep the team as long as he’s making money. This will cement us as the joke/worst franchise in the league.

Cleveland is finally turning things around so we have taken the title of worst franchise to play for. Mac probably stays for this reason alone. 

• Thumb Down 1

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

You assume the Johnsons are observant and logical. You are wrong. 

Agree with your points, just the Jets leak this stuff for a reason. Happened with the cousins stuff about expecting him not to sign with us, with the bowles plan, with mac expected to be safe. This is how the Jets pr.