FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

Maccagnan's would be toast if he had an underachieving $90 million quarterback, so you might say Cousins saved Maccagnan's job by taking less money from the Vikings. As it stands now, Maccagnan is no lock to return in 2019, but at least he can build a case for himself because of Sam Darnold, whose triumphant return to the lineup on Sunday added fuel to the Jets' near-empty tank.

Mac apologist should read that over and over until it sinks in their glass full domes. How much you want to make a bet the majority of Mac apologist wanted him to sign Kirk Cousins. I never did for one second. To me it was easy to see Cousins was a prime time choker who folded like a cheap suit when he faced stiffer competition ie teams with winning records. I remember arguing with Jets fans last off-season dead set on signing Cousin and they couldn't be swayed. Cousins was their savior. Now he's showing up LIMP in the big games again and I hope Christopher Johnson is paying close attention. Is Mac the guy you really want spending all the Jets salary cap space next off-season? I know I don't want Mac free to hand out huge contracts to guys he likes. I bet you he's already tunnel visioning on the Kirk Cousins of running backs, LeVeon Bell.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 2

What really is the maddening part to all of this - the Jets are so far behind in talent level that we're likely to ruin Darnold.  It will be very hard to put the pieces around him to succeed in the next couple of years and by then he just might be shell shocked.

The only way I can see it is to go ALL-IN on offense and I mean that literally. 

I'm sorry but we need to think offense and only offense ...

• Yes, if that means reaching for a WR, then we should reach for a WR
  • Pay Bell whatever it takes
  • Spend the rest of the free agent money on the best offensive linemen you can (and yes, overpay for all of them if you have to)
  • Live with whatever defense you can put together afterward

Of course, the Jets won't do that and amazingly half the fans on this board still want the Jets to draft a pass rusher - I get we can use one but the team is so far behind on offense that drafting a pass rusher is simply a luxury the Jets can't afford...

• Upvote 2
  • Post of the Week 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

What really is the maddening part to all of this - the Jets are so far behind in the talent level that we're likely to ruin Darnold.  It will be very hard to put the pieces around him to succeed in the next couple of year and by then he just might be shell shocked.

• Spend the rest of the free agent money on the best offensive linemen you can (and yes, overpay for all of them if you have to)

Of course, the Jets won't do that and amazingly half the fans on this board still want the Jets to draft a pass rusher - I get we can use one but the team is so far behind on offense that drafting a pass rusher is simply a luxury the Jets don't have...

This is why you don’t draft BPA for years and BPA is a luxury that well built teams can afford. Not a team with glaring holes on offense for 8 years. Mac is worse than Idzik in regards to the fact that he has set us back even further and has been here for a while. He is RUINING this team unlike any other due to he length of time he has been doing it for. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Post of the Week 1

5 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

What really is the maddening part to all of this - the Jets are so far behind in talent level that we're likely to ruin Darnold.  It will be very hard to put the pieces around him to succeed in the next couple of years and by then he just might be shell shocked.

Of course, the Jets won't do that and amazingly half the fans on this board still want the Jets to draft a pass rusher - I get we can use one but the team is so far behind on offense that drafting a pass rusher is simply a luxury the Jets can't afford...

Hell no to signing Bell.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

tell me why?

He's not worth that contract he'll need to sign with the Jets. We need to focus on so many more holes on the team rather than blow a huge chunk of cap space on a running back who looked good playing alongside Big Ben. Bell is overrated like his fellow Spartan, Kirk Cousins.

• Upvote 3
  • Thumb Down 1

He's not worth that contract he'll need to sign with the Jets. We need to focus on so many more holes on the team rather than blow a huge chunk of cap space on a running back who looked good playing alongside Big Ben. Bell is overrated like his fellow Spartan, Kirk Cousins.

I do understand your point. But it’s an impact player league, of which the Jets have none. Bell is an true impact player. You can find three maybe slightly better than Jags for his price, but I’ll take Bell and three slight worse than Jags.

I think people out too much around the salary cap. We have over $100m in cap space,not from sound cap management but because there’s no elite talent worth paying.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app
  • Upvote 1

1 minute ago, FidelioJet said:

I do understand your point. But it’s an impact player league, of which the Jets have none. Bell is an true impact player. You can find three maybe slightly better than Jags for his price, but I’ll take Bell and three slight worse than Jags.

I think people out too much around the salary cap. We have over $100m in cap space,not from sound cap management but because there’s no elite talent worth paying.

I'd rather have a running back by committee next season that puts up similar stats to LeVeon Bell and is cheaper than putting a big chunk of cap space on one guy. Bell gets hurt, and all your production is in street clothes. Look at the Steelers. The threat of Big Ben's arm and the Steelers wide receiving core is making James Conner look like Bell never left. Jets mostly need offensive linemen and a true number one wide receiver.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

I do understand your point but we need impact players of which The Jets have none.

The Jets don’t have all this cap space due to sound management it’s because there’s simply no one to pay.

Yes, Bell will be expensive - so heavily over pay him rather than slightly over pay 3 or 4 jags.

So you’re not necessarily against over paying for an impact player - we just disagree on Bell’s talent level.

When I watch him run I don’t care who the QB is, he’s nasty. Would love to have him as Darnolds security blanket.

• Upvote 1

12 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

I'd rather have a running back by committee next season that puts up similar stats to LeVeon Bell and is cheaper than putting a big chunk of cap space on one guy. Bell gets hurt, and all your production is in street clothes. Look at the Steelers. The threat of Big Ben's arm and the Steelers wide receiving core is making James Conner look like Bell never left. Jets mostly need offensive linemen and a true number one wide receiver.

I used to feel the same way but our terrible drafting and FA signings have given us an insane amount of money. Not acquiring talent at all costs will set us back at this point. It’s not ideal or In any way a smart way to build a team but we aren’t in a “smart” spot and are stuck.

We have no choice but to splurge on whoever is good and willing to come here. Especially at pass rusher since 1 or 2 may shake free. It’ll be terrible value but we need talent and don’t have time to wait anymore.

Bombing the 2015-2017 drafts and only getting Sam and a TE in 2018 draft is killing us when compounded with how little talent we had when Mac got here and how many younger free agents we were not able to get.

Money trumps most things. I believe Mac takes too long to get things done or make decisions which explains the lack of draft day trades when every year made sense to trade down given our lack of talent across the board. Same thing with acquiring the highly sought after free agents. He is a slug and not aggressive when it counts. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

4 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I used to feel the same way but our terrible drafting and FA signings have given us an insane amount of money. Not acquiring talent at all costs will set us back at this point. It’s not ideal or In any way a smart way to build a team but we aren’t in a “smart” spot and are stuck.

We have no choice but to splurge on whoever is good and willing to come here. Especially at pass rusher since 1 or 2 may shake free. It’ll be terrible value but we need talent and don’t have time to wait anymore.

Bombing the 2015-2017 drafts and only getting Sam and a TE in 2018 draft is killing us when compounded with how little talent we had when Mac got here and how many younger free agents we were not able to get.

Money trumps most things. I believe Mac takes too long to get things done or make decisions which explains the lack of draft day trades when every year made sense to trade down given our lack of talent across the board. Same thing with acquiring the highly sought after free agents. He is a slug and not aggressive when it counts. 

I really don't think Bell brings his "brand" to the Jets. He'll want to look good and contend in the playoffs right away. That's not the Jets.

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

On 12/14/2018 at 10:45 AM, playtowinthegame said:

Not to mention that Bell has benefited from an outstanding Oline. He is good no doubt, but really is a luxe item for us this off season. Go sign a few Olinemen like Pouncey and watch how much better our RB's look this time next year. 

Why in God’s name would you come to this thread that we keep bumping if you are a Mac homer? I get it if it’s annoying in other threads but most fans hate him so it comes up in topics everywhere. Why go to the source though? Bizarre. 

Macc supporters are in the middle of campaign to tell us “he’s improving!!” They’ll go wherever they need to to back their Exec of the Year 2015.

It’s weird. Just ignore them and maybe they’ll go away forever.

• Upvote 2

4 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Macc supporters are in the middle of campaign to tell us “he’s improving!!” They’ll go wherever they need to to back their Exec of the Year 2015.

It’s weird. Just ignore them and maybe they’ll go away forever.

Everyone is entitled to an opinion....it’s just a bizarre one and most people aren’t blind or have reasonable bare minimum expectations of a GM and Mac has not reached any of them. He’s pure trash which is why most people want him gone. It’s not just some ridiculous opinion. It has a TON of supporting reasons why and is not an emotional/rushed decision because he was given 4 years. Times up for he and Bowles. 

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

6 hours ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Why in God’s name would you come to this thread that we keep bumping if you are a Mac homer? I get it if it’s annoying in other threads but most fans hate him so it comes up in topics everywhere. Why go to the source though? Bizarre. 

Im only jokin with you. I reject the Mac homer comment. Im not. It' fairly obvious by now, you think Mac sucks. Just posting to let you know that im fully aware of that. In a light hearted way. Don't be upset.Would never troll you in a serious way, to be argumentative. How can i, with a profile pic like that.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, genot said:

Im only jokin with you. I reject the Mac homer comment. Im not. It' fairly obvious by now, you think Mac sucks. Just posting to let you know that im fully aware of that. In a light hearted way. Don't be upset.Would never troll you in a serious way, to be argumentative. How can i, with a profile pic like that.

I don’t mind trolling at all and was just thinking you were serious.  In that case, I did enjoy the gif. There are some people that are too serious on here and can’t take a joke. If you were serious and came to this thread, you would have been insane like some others. That’s all that I meant by it.

Yes my guard is up lately with some blatant douche bag/trouble makers on here trying to argue with everyone instead of joking or having open minded conversations. 

• Upvote 1
  • Thumb Down 1

15 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t mind trolling at all and was just thinking you were serious.  In that case, I did enjoy he gif. There are some people that are too serious on here and can’t take a joke. If you were serious and came to this thread, you would have been insane like some others. That’s all that I meant by it.

Yes my guard is up lately with some blatant douche bag/trouble makers on here trying to argue with everyone instead of joking or having open minded conversations. 

I know. I think i'd be in Creedmore if it wasn't for my sense of humor. It's almost becoming illegal to have a sense of humor in this country now. Very depressing.

• Haha 1