FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

4 minutes ago, playtowinthegame said:

Mac's high priced secondary New Jack City allowed Aaron Rodgers to outscore the Jets 24-3 after the Jets were up 35-20.

Fire Mac before he can spend the Jets money this coming off-season.

Our secondary was exposed all season because we have no pass rush. 

• Upvote 2
  • Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, joewilly12 said:

@FlagmanL11  Security took it away from you?   I see fans holding up signs all the time?  Thats BS I would be on the phone and emailing the NY Jets all day about that. 

Not worth it, but I did get names after it was taken and got it back at the end of the game.  I believe that is a 1st Amendment right violation....

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Flew the flag the whole tailgate and had many news media people come by and take pictures and chat.  FIOS1 news ran it on their newscast yesterday.  Security took it away form me in the stands, but I got it back, just hope I don't need it for next year.  

fire bowles.jpg

FB 2.jpg

That is so awesome! Thank you for your service haha!!

• Thumb Down 1

2 minutes ago, dcJet said:

We need to stop firing everybody.  We're a joke.

We do fire a ton of offensive coordinators and at a rapid rate. When it comes to coaches and GMs, we have been really patient considering we’ve been a mostly bad team.

I wanted Macc and Bowles gone 2 years ago but that would have been a bad move to fire them. They needed 3 yesrs minimum so at least we didn’t look bad after finally cutting bait. Well they got 4 and dug their holes even deeper in the process. We would not be criticized at all for making the change and look like a patient and stable organization.

I completely agree that you can’t fire the coach/Gm regularly like the Browns did. It can do more harm than good. We put in our time being patient and have every right to move on. In fact, ownership has a responsibility to the fans/players/their bottom line to put the team in the best position possible to be successful.

It’s time to do the right thing and then hunker down for another 3 year period minimum (unless things are an absolute disaster which is rare) and just hope for the best. We will get it right eventually but sticking with the wrong people for too long, robs you of that chance to get it right. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

8 minutes ago, dcJet said:

Agreed. We can definitely find some flaws in Macc, but he has made some good trades, got us Darnold and put us in a great cap spot heading into next year. 

The Giants finally fired their awful GM, brought in Gettleman who passed on Darnold for a RB. So let's not act like firing our GM and replacing him with the flavor of the month will guarantee us a better 2019 draft class. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thumb Down 1

5 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Agreed. We can definitely find some flaws in Macc, but he has made some good trades, got us Darnold and put us in a great cap spot heading into next year. 

The Giants finally fired their awful GM, brought in Gettleman who passed on Darnold for a RB. So let's not act like firing our GM and replacing him with the flavor of the month will guarantee us a better 2019 draft class. 

It absolutely doesn’t guarantee anything. We just have to try again is all. We thought we’d be improving greatly after Idzik and we ended up with Mac who probably did more harm than Idzik since we’ve been stuck with him for a 4 year period. If he is better than Idzik (I think so) it’s JUST barely.

That’s not someone that we should settle for. We have to keep trying until we find at least a middle of the pack/semi competent GM. No unrealistic expectations. 

• Thumb Down 1

See who the HC candidates are and what their player personnel background is.  While I do think MAC will stay, his draft record is the worst, ot at least close to the worst.  Unfortunately and lot of the cap $$$ will be spent just to get more depth due to drafting losers who are out of the league.  

25 minutes ago, FlagmanL11 said:

Not worth it, but I did get names after it was taken and got it back at the end of the game.  I believe that is a 1st Amendment right violation....

I would be all over that organization and the security/ushers who took it, I know you cant hang banners but you can hold up signs. 

I guess the TRUTH HURTS. 

11 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It absolutely doesn’t guarantee anything. We just have to try again is all. We thought we’d be improving greatly after Idzik and we ended up with Mac who probably did more harm than Idzik since we’ve been stuck with him for a 4 year period. If he is better than Idzik (I think so) it’s JUST barely.

That’s not someone that we should settle for. We have to keep trying until we find at least a middle of the pack/semi competent GM. No unrealistic expectations. 

Trading up to land Darnold may turn out to be the greatest and most important trade this franchise has ever made. Please don't compare him to Idzik, it's not even close. 

18 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Trading up to land Darnold may turn out to be the greatest and most important trade this franchise has ever made. Please don't compare him to Idzik, it's not even close. 

It’s actually pretty close when you look at total body of work (especially considering it’s over a longer period). 1 move that involved luck as a factor(still a great move) does not excuse the countless TERRIBLE moves.

No GM should be perfect or even close to it. His ratio of good to bad moves is completely out of whack. For every 1 good move, there are 5 bad ones(I’m generalizing to make a point so don’t take numbers literally). That’s unacceptable.

• Thumb Down 1
  • Sympathy 1

17 minutes ago, Pennington said:

Landing Darnold was a fluke. Maccagnan wanted Cousins and we got lucky that Cleveland and especially NYG passed on Darnold. If the draft goes Mayfield, Darnold we are stuck with Rosen who sucks.

All you need to know about Maccagnan is that once we let him go there is about a 0% chance that he ever ascends to another GM job in the league. Just because he fluked into a franchise QB after tons of blunders doesn't mean he is qualified to keep his job.

Fluke?  That's crazy stuff.  Every draft pick is a fluke except for the number one.

Macc has improved a lot through experience.   I'd hate to bail on him now, just to train up another rookie GM.   Stop the cycle.    

No he hasn’t improved. A rookie GM can, and will, do better. Because even JN posters would have done better.

We’re a joke partly because we hold onto failures for so long.

We’re also a joke because of our owners, but we can’t fire them. The next best thing is firing the GM who has been the architect of 3 straight seasons with 5 wins or less.

• Upvote 2