FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

I gotta say...

I'm not one to get angry or upset at the "organization" - I want to see them win - but ultimately getting truly angry is not how I react.

But the idea that Mac is staying is getting me truly P-O'd... I'm going to lose sleep tonight over it.

Moreover, besides him sucking - the logic behind keeping him is beyond incompetent.

You don't only have to keep him - but you have to commit to him for at least another 3 years.  You simply can't bring in another GM and force a coach on him he didn't choose.  

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 2

13 minutes ago, FidelioJet said:

I gotta say...

I'm not one to get angry or upset at the "organization" - I want to see them win - but ultimately getting truly angry is not how I react.

But the idea that Mac is staying is getting me truly P-O'd... I'm going to lose sleep tonight over it.

Moreover, besides him sucking - the logic behind keeping him is beyond incompetent.

You don't only have to keep him - but you have to commit to him for at least another 3 years.  You simply can't bring in another GM and force a coach on him he didn't choose.  

Most of us knew he was going to be retained after recent reports. It doesn’t make it the right move. People claiming that we are arguing that he will or won’t get fired are missing the point. The argument has always been he should or shouldn’t get fired. Regardless of what happens, Mac is terrible and SHOULD be fired. It’s looking like he won’t  be fired though and has for quite some time.

I for one am furious with this decision but will still be a fan. I refuse to accept it and Mac can go suck a d*ck. I support the players (except the dogs) and will support the new coach but I am 100% against ownership and Mac. That is where I will lay blame and it will end badly with this decision unless we get lucky which we really haven’t been besides getting Sam.

It is what it is. Adjust expectations accordingly and just hope that Sam can rise above the sh*t that he’s surrounded by. It won’t be enough for a super bowl. I’m just hoping for competent football at least. This is what settling is like. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Most of us knew he was going to be retained after recent reports. It doesn’t make it the right move. People claiming that we are arguing that he will or won’t get fired are missing the point. The argument has always been he should or shouldn’t get fired. Regardless of what happens, Mac is terrible and SHOULD be fired. It’s looking like he won’t  be fired though and has for quite some time.

I for one am furious with this decision but will still be a fan. I refuse to accept it and Mac can go suck a d*ck. I support the players (except the dogs) and will support the new coach but I am 100% against ownership and Mac. That is where I will lay blame and it will end badly with this decision unless we get lucky which we really haven’t been besides getting Sam.

It is what it is. Adjust expectations accordingly and just hope that Sam can rise above the sh*t that he’s surrounded by. It won’t be enough for a super bowl. I’m just hoping for competent football at least. This is what settling is like. 

Never say never. With Woody you never know, he did fir Mangini after a winning season. I'm not counting on it to happen but I think it's still in the realm of possibilities.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This thread needs to keep going until its mission is fulfilled. However long that takes.

We will not be silenced. We will not be stopped.

Well the purpose of this thread was to get him fired this offseason. Since it looks like that isn’t happening and we are about to enter the abyss, I will focus my anger on the incompetent owners that are responsible for this. That’s when the “f*ck the Johnson brothers” thread starts and will probably stay forever at this rate. 

• Sympathy 1

1 minute ago, Creepy Lurker said:

Well the purpose of this thread was to get him fired this offseason. Since it looks like that isn’t happening and we are about to enter the abyss, I will focus my anger on the incompetent owners that are responsible for this. That’s when the “f*ck the Johnson brothers” thread starts and will probably stay forever at this rate. 

The Johnsons never make the right decision.  Ever.  It's like clockwork and it's guaranteed.  I wish there were prop bets out there for it.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

This thread needs to keep going until its mission is fulfilled. However long that takes.

We will not be silenced. We will not be stopped.

Well after the extension he's going to get this may last longer than the fap thread you presided over.

Viva la Macc!

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Several weeks ago he tried arguing that Jamal Adams had way more turnovers on the season than the stat sheets say because stopping a team on 3rd down is the same thing as a turnover. So yeah you could say he's a bit on the bizarre side.

wut?

• Sympathy 1

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

Several weeks ago he tried arguing that Jamal Adams had way more turnovers on the season than the stat sheets say because stopping a team on 3rd down is the same thing as a turnover. So yeah you could say he's a bit on the bizarre side.

I enjoy it. We are all on this sh*t sinking ship together. 

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

14 wins in 3 seasons. Extension for the GM! Perfect!

I don’t have SNY and not enough news has come out yet. Hopefully by tomorrow there will be a lot to read about. This stuff is interesting at the very least, even if it’ll probably make me want to throw up while I read it. 

Chris said getting darnold was one of the most significant events in team history and presumably knew macc was passing on Watson and mahomes to have a shot at him 

This was not a surprise 

Yet Macc extended a massive offer to Cousins, more than any other team in the league? And needed the Browns and Giants to both pass on Sam?

GTFO

• Upvote 2

5 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

Several weeks ago he tried arguing that Jamal Adams had way more turnovers on the season than the stat sheets say because stopping a team on 3rd down is the same thing as a turnover.

Errr, not exactly.

In actuality I was parroting a point that Bart Scott made in a post game show.  But you probably know way more than him about this kinda thing.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

Errr, not exactly.

In actuality I was parroting a point that Bart Scott made in a post game show.  But you probably know way more than him about this kinda thing.

Errr, yes exactly.

On 11/25/2018 at 6:23 PM, T0mShane said:

He’s never, ever in his life produced takeaways. He had four picks as a sophomore at LSU, including one each against Eastern Michigan, Arkansas, and Western Kentucky. Otherwise, nada.

On 11/25/2018 at 9:56 PM, Pac said:

err..  tackles for losses on 3rd and short and/or batting a pass away on 3rd down forces a punt.  That is taking away the ball from the offense. 

Go to bed.

5 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Yet Macc extended a massive offer to Cousins, more than any other team in the league? And needed the Browns and Giants to both pass on Sam?

GTFO

The point is he likely had ownership buy in on his plan 

And he's still here 

7 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t have SNY and not enough news has come out yet. Hopefully by tomorrow there will be a lot to read about. This stuff is interesting at the very least, even if it’ll probably make me want to throw up while I read it. 

Basically, drafting Darnold gave Macc a "Get out of Jail Free" card

Get_out_of_jail_free.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1