FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

11 hours ago, RobR said:

I appreciate all of you posters that keep this thread on the first page. I would have so much more hope for this franchise if that clown was sh*tcanned, which was more than deserving.

Not trying to. Just trying to keep our disdain for Macc somewhat contained. It just happens to come up a lot everywhere and not just by us. Many posters feel the same way. This is just the venting spot. It’s going to be a long offseason. 

• Upvote 1

On 2/20/2019 at 9:14 PM, LIJetsFan said:

*By now Mac must know that he suks recognizing talent.

*Most of us figure that Mac was heavily influenced by Bowles in his roster building.

*The only hope now is that 1) Gase and Williams have equal/greater influense on Mac and that 2) Gase and Williams know what the hell they are doing.

*It ain't easy being green.

At this point when I look at him I just see the worst kind of a hack politician, bottom of his class in school, only got anywhere through lying and backstabbing.

On 2/20/2019 at 7:59 PM, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Well I've examined the roster and as of today there are ONLY 39 PLAYERS UNDER CONTRACT.  THE LEAST IN THE ENTIRE LEAGUE.  So for anyone who likes to coo about "100 Million under the cap", lots of that has to be spent on just fielding a team.

Don't even call him a GM.  He's a GM like Bowles is a coach.

Going to be some fireworks with Gase/Williams vs Maccagnan.  Even the Jet owners know the guy is an idiot.  There decision to keep him inexplicably for a 5th year are two-fold.  Not wanting to look bad and firing both incompetents after extending them to the howls of disapproval by almost all Jet fans only 1 year ago and not wanting to pay Maccagnan AND a real GM at the same time.

I'm sure someone else would have forked over $9MM/year with $20MM guaranteed to Enunwa ?. I like Enunwa but given his body of work it seems pretty unlikely, even in this FA class. Seems more a combination of, "We have no one else technically under contract, have 1 draft pick in the first 2 rounds, and [at the time] no WRs are projected to be worth that high of a pick. Robby's a RFA who'll play under the tag, but otherwise that's it." 

Stinks of a guy terrified he'll get snubbed by another FA class and was worried he'd end up with nothing.  

I wouldn't make any guesses as to what "even the Jet owners know" on anything related to football players and coaches. This was pure payback for Darnold falling to #3. Meanwhile if the Giants had taken him instead of Barkley would that make the GM any worse or better? From their own retelling stories of their reactions, they were all shocked when the Giants took Barkley at that point. Craziest of all, it wouldn't have happened anyway if he'd gotten his wish and Cousins accepted his all guaranteed 3 yr $90MM offer only to find out he was used to get Cousins up over his (then) next-highest offer of $25MM/year.

Then again, getting lucky over and over is probably a good plan and one that is sure to succeed. We are very lucky fans.

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

I'm sure someone else would have forked over $9MM/year with $20MM guaranteed to Enunwa. I like Enunwa but given his body of work it seems pretty unlikely, even in this FA class. Seems more a combination of, "We have no one else technically under contract, have 1 draft pick in the first 2 rounds, and [at the time] no WRs are projected to be worth that high of a pick. Robby's a RFA who'll play under the tag, but otherwise that's it." 

Stinks of a guy terrified he'll get snubbed by another FA class and was worried he'd end up with nothing.  

I wouldn't make any guesses as to what "even the Jet owners know" on anything related to football players and coaches. This was pure payback for Darnold falling to #3. Meanwhile if the Giants had taken him instead of Barkley would that make the GM any worse or better? From their own retelling stories of their reactions, they were all shocked when the Giants took Barkley at that point. Craziest of all, it wouldn't have happened anyway if he'd gotten his wish and Cousins accepted his all guaranteed 3 yr $90MM offer only to find out he was used to get Cousins up over his (then) next-highest offer of $25MM/year.

Then again, getting lucky over and over is probably a good plan and one that is sure to succeed. We are very lucky fans.

"Stinks of a guy terrified he'll get snubbed by another FA class and was worried he'd end up with nothing."

You nail it.

Which means the Jets now have a "GM" in place who really has no confidence in his own abilities and very well might spend the rest of his tenure as he did 99.9% of his time in the job, outside of the panic move to trade up to 3, and that's "playing with scared money".

Jets need first and foremost dumb luck on their side while he still has the job.  Do you think it is possible that a scenario develops where Maccagnan is made to basically sit in the corner while others take over his responsibilities..ie he gets busted down but keeps his title in name only?

• Upvote 3
  • Sympathy 1

Jason at Over the Cap tweeted earlier today that the Jets are sixth on the list for dead money at $71 million since 2016. Bills are first with $125 million.

Maccagnan is lucky the Giants felt 12 months ago that Eli was a good quarterback. Imagine if we drafted Rosen who played like he did for the Cards this year?

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Aussie Jet said:

Jason at Over the Cap tweeted earlier today that the Jets are sixth on the list for dead money at $71 million since 2016. Bills are first with $125 million.

Maccagnan is lucky the Giants felt 12 months ago that Eli was a good quarterback. Imagine if we drafted Rosen who played like he did for the Cards this year?

I saw all of Rosen’s games, and his supporters point to the Cards horrid Oline for his awful rookie year, and there is definitely some credence to that statement.

But I saw something else which makes me think he’s a busted pick.  I don’t care if he has the best Oline in the league, when everything in a play doesn’t go down as planned perfectly, when he has to make a play as they now call it “off schedule”....it’s a disaster, the kid’s pocket presence is 10x worse than Kenny O’Brien.  I’ll never take away from him the fact Rosen throws a beautiful ball on a practice field...he does.

Hey I could be wrong but what I saw was that EVERYTHING had to go right for Rosen to hit a play.  As incredible as Sam Darnold’s 6th Sense is in playing football, Rosen is the opposite.  So glad the Jets didn’t get stuck with him.  Josh Allen has great physical gifts, then again so does Darnold, and might be fun to watch hoping he’ll turn into someone who hits 80 yard bombs twice a week, but the guy is still a big Work In Progress, couldn’t even read the most sophomoric Div II D’s at Wyoming......and if not for a fluke either Josh Rosen or Allen would be the Jet QB right now.  

And Jet fans would now be looking up at the sky praying for the long shot that either become the Franchise QB that Sam Darnold already appears to be.  They’d also be looking for their 3 LOST 2nd Rd Draft Picks Maccagnan gave up for what well could have been a Rosen or an Allen.

On 2/25/2019 at 12:26 AM, Skeet Ulrich said:

Maccagnan should be fired solely on Hackenburgs AAF performance.

To scout this guy and not only draft him, but draft him in the second round is professional malpractice. Get this assclown 1000 miles away from the Jets.

Not far enough.  That only gets him to Minnesota, Iowa, Orlando, or the edge of the Quebec border.  Further, please!

1000 Miles.png

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, Aussie Jet said:

The Bills won 6 games last year. We did not.

Yep, Macc really got lucky the Giants went with Eli last year. We could've had a season like they did, and only win 4 games. Oh wait, we did that.

But yeah, imagine if we ended up with Rosen, and won 3 like he did. So we're in a really good place right now. Good times.

• Sympathy 1

Let's just add the Anderson 2nd round tender to the list of Mac's follies.  From what Ive read, it wouldn't havr cost much more to make him a 1st round tender.  Why risk having to match an exaggerated offer from another team?  Just give him the freaking 1st round tag and pay the extra 1.5 million.  Geez.  We need him on the team.

F'ing Mac!  This GM is a boob.  Damned straight he's one of the bottom 5 GMs in the league.  Anonymous source or not, it is accurate.

• Sympathy 1

3 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Let's just add the Anderson 2nd round tender to the list of Mac's follies.  From what Ive read, it wouldn't havr cost much more to make him a 1st round tender.  Why risk having to match an exaggerated offer from another team?  Just give him the freaking 1st round tag and pay the extra 1.5 million.  Geez.  We need him on the team.

F'ing Mac!  This GM is a boob.  Damned straight he's one of the bottom 5 GMs in the league.  Anonymous source or not, it is accurate.

I don’t like the 2nd round tender but I won’t kill him for it. It’s just a bit of a head scratcher.  I would have done the 1st rd tender to give him some extra dough as good faith for future negotiations and just because he FA market is terrible and some team will very possibly make an offer.

Unless the jets are sure that get can afford to part with Anderson or are willing to extend him this soon, it’s very questionable move at best. We don’t need any more holes, especially on offense. 2nd round pick or not, I don’t think we’d find a replacement AND an upgrade if we lost Anderson. Right not we need an upgrade in addition to him. 

11 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Cat, look at it this way.  Designating him a second round tender was the first move in the negotiation of a possible extension moving forward. As you know all negotiation is based on leverage and advantage.  This was the Jets attempt to gain a little leverage in that future negotiation moving forward.  If they had tendered him as a #1 it would give Anderson's representation leverage in any extension negotiations that would take place.  Their slant would be, since you tendered our client at a #1 value, why should he not be expected to be compensated accordingly. 

That 1.5 million now could be more than 10 million over the course of a new deal.  It's like putting a baseball player on waivers around the trade deadline.  They're seeing what interest is out there and setting or gauging the market. They haven't cut ties with him.  They still retain his rights, can sign him to a long term deal, can match any offer, and if all else fails recoup a 2nd rounder for him. In the meantime they'll pay him 3.1 million dollars this year.  Good for him and the team. They praised him up and down at the combine. They said he's an integral part of the team.  That's plenty of good will.  His latest tweets about the Jets were all good.  If he's matured he'll not have a problem with it.  It's business.  That's all.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Post of the Week 2

7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Free agency and the draft coming soon this thread continues until he proves us wrong. 

I would love for him to do that. I just give opinions based on his performance history and what I think will happen is all. I don’t wish for him to do poorly. 

On 3/1/2019 at 12:53 PM, Creepy Lurker said:

I don’t like the 2nd round tender but I won’t kill him for it. It’s just a bit of a head scratcher. 

If we had other viable receivers on our roster I would agree with you. We don't, and to risk losing our best receiver who is young and can still get better over 1.whatever million is dumb. If we put the first round tender absolutely no one is offering Robbie a contract, yet now we might have to sweat out some other teams contract structure. If we lose out we get a measly second rounder for a guy with perennial 1000 yard seasons potential.

It makes no sense and is why we need to keep this thread alive. 

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

Anderson is fast but is a stick figure who has shown he is not strong enough to fight for the tough catch.

Jets fans think he is all that but its only because he stands out on this talent depleted roster. 

He wouldnt be a #1 on any of the decent to good teams so the 2nd rnd tender is fair maybe more than fair.

Oh and yes............ FIRE MACCAGNAN!

• Sympathy 1

9 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just a random thought, if MM was anywhere near a decent GM he should be renegotiating and restructuring Trumaine Johnson's contract to free up more cap space.

He has no leverage or I think he would. 

• Upvote 3

16 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Just a random thought, if MM was anywhere near a decent GM he should be renegotiating and restructuring Trumaine Johnson's contract to free up more cap space.

It's a nice thought Joe, but it takes two to tango.  Trumaine Johnson has no reason, and I'm sure no desire to restructure or renegotiate his deal with the Jets.  He knows they can't cut him or trade him.  A restructuring of his contract would likely necessitate the Jets adding years on and more guaranteed money.  They'd have to give to get.  I want no part of that scenario.  Do you?  Besides, we don't need more cap space. 

This is just a bitter pill we have to swallow and hope he gets better, or the time on the contract goes quickly, until we can dump him. Sometimes things can't be easily fixed. This time we just have to take our medicine.

• Upvote 3

11 minutes ago, LinemanCT said:

He has no leverage or I think he would. 

5 minutes ago, joenamathwouldn'tcry said:

It's a nice thought Joe, but it takes two to tango.  Trumaine Johnson has no reason, and I'm sure no desire to restructure or renegotiate his deal with the Jets.  He knows they can't cut him or trade him.  A restructuring of his contract would likely necessitate the Jets adding years on and more guaranteed money.  They'd have to give to get.  I want no part of that scenario.  Do you?  Besides, we don't need more cap space. 

This is just a bitter pill we have to swallow and hope he gets better, or the time on the contract goes quickly, until we can dump him. Sometimes things can't be easily fixed. This time we just have to take our medicine.

Have the NY Jets approached him about it, understand he has the leverage. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Year 5 of The Mike MacCagnan Project. The rebuild continues......

It's really year one because Darnold now has a year under his belt and we fired Bowles. So now the clock starts ticking, not when he was hired.....5 years ago.

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, RobR said:

It's really year one because Darnold now has a year under his belt and we fired Bowles. So now the clock starts ticking, not when he was hired.....5 years ago.

Lol no way. He is on this ice. If we don’t improve next yr, or Mac doesn’t finally care to address the OL to protect our franchise qb, he is history. Could be as soon as next Jan. 

• Upvote 1

Lol no way. He is on this ice. If we don’t improve next yr, or Mac doesn’t finally care to address the OL to protect our franchise qb, he is history. Could be as soon as next Jan. 

Can Gase and company save his job?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk