FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol no way. He is on this ice. If we don’t improve next yr, or Mac doesn’t finally care to address the OL to protect our franchise qb, he is history. Could be as soon as next Jan. 

I don’t know about “thin ice”.

Logic would dictate the guy should have been fired long ago.  If teams needed to actually Win to be profitable Maccagnan most definitely would have been fired long ago.  

The Johnsons are without a doubt cheap and they’re definitely not highly intelligent like other members of their family, these are basically the “black sheep” who own the Jets, but they’re definitely not stupid, and with the market value of the Jets soaring every year, due to the tv money, regardless of won-loss record (the same scenario for the Knicks and Mets), there is absolutely no need to pay a real GM and some Idiot who still is in the job and will have to be paid not only this year but next, if fired, both at the same time.

Johnson only fires someone when his customer base is finally totally infuriated ie hiring prop planes dragging banners.  He’ll squeeze out whatever incompetent he has in a position until the very last day of his contract rather than have to write 2 checks.

If Bowles Defense had held up in 4 losses that Darnold had won virtually all by himself and they finished last year at 8-8 like they should have, guess what?  Todd Bowles would still be the coach right now, and if Darnold puts the entire team on his back like I know he’s capable of, Bowles would be the coach for the next 10 years, so just be ecstatic things played out like they did, now we’re at “1 down 1 to go”. There would be a handful of 1 and done Wildcard appearances all due to Darnold getting there.

So I actually don’t think Maccagnan is on thin ice...for that to happen something will have to go very wrong, and I think it’s very possible that Gase gets to the Wildcard this year....and Maccagnan will be smiling the whole way.

11 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're really in the worst possible situation:  A bad GM who knows he should have already been fired.  That impacts every decision he makes for this franchise.  Not one decision he makes will he have the next 5 years in mind.  Just next season. 

I don't believe there is a GM that thinks 5years down the road. That is impossible in this NFL landscape. 2-3 years, yes that should be done. 5 years is an eternity in the NFL.

But I get what you are saying.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Lol no way. He is on this ice. If we don’t improve next yr, or Mac doesn’t finally care to address the OL to protect our franchise qb, he is history. Could be as soon as next Jan. 

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

Year 5, and they're still trying to build an oline, still have crap at the skill positions, and have no pass rush. 

Getting Darnold was lucky, and yeah, we have the young QB to build around, but that doesn't give him a free pass for the rest of his failures. 

You guys need to get your sarcasm meter checked.

Fire Mac!!!!!

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

I don’t know about “thin ice”.

Logic would dictate the guy should have been fired long ago.  If teams needed to actually Win to be profitable Maccagnan most definitely would have been fired long ago.  

The Johnsons are without a doubt cheap and they’re definitely not highly intelligent like other members of their family, these are basically the “black sheep” who own the Jets, but they’re definitely not stupid, and with the market value of the Jets soaring every year, due to the tv money, regardless of won-loss record (the same scenario for the Knicks and Mets), there is absolutely no need to pay a real GM and some Idiot who still is in the job and will have to be paid not only this year but next, if fired, both at the same time.

Johnson only fires someone when his customer base is finally totally infuriated ie hiring prop planes dragging banners.  He’ll squeeze out whatever incompetent he has in a position until the very last day of his contract rather than have to write 2 checks.

If Bowles Defense had held up in 4 losses that Darnold had won virtually all by himself and they finished last year at 8-8 like they should have, guess what?  Todd Bowles would still be the coach right now, and if Darnold puts the entire team on his back like I know he’s capable of, Bowles would be the coach for the next 10 years, so just be ecstatic things played out like they did, now we’re at “1 down 1 to go”. There would be a handful of 1 and done Wildcard appearances all due to Darnold getting there.

So I actually don’t think Maccagnan is on thin ice...for that to happen something will have to go very wrong, and I think it’s very possible that Gase gets to the Wildcard this year....and Maccagnan will be smiling the whole way.

I disagree. Mac has been skating on a very shaky OLine for years. He is a stubborn moron he believes he can find OL gems in 6th 7th rounds, so why waste a pick earlier on much safer bets ? he sure goes after bottom of the barrel in OL FA also.. god forbid due to macs OL neglect, darnold is seriously hurt, or is hit often, Johnson will see why. No one else to blame but mac. Darnold is miles ahead of everyone, in level of importance. For chance at winning, but also for selling tickets. Which the Johnsons care about most. They will very quickly bring in a gm who values an OL, qb protection to protect their only prized possession. A gms salary is peanuts compared to value and importance of a healthy Darnold.

24 minutes ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Glad you finally agree?‍♂️ Don’t worry, he gets one full yr, won’t be fired during season 

Finally? I wanted this clown masquerading as a GM fired three years ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, Scott Dierking said:

I don't believe there is a GM that thinks 5years down the road. That is impossible in this NFL landscape. 2-3 years, yes that should be done. 5 years is an eternity in the NFL.

But I get what you are saying.

It’s only possible if you are John Gruden and have a super long leash due to an insane long term contract. But otherwise no way anyone thinks that far ahead.  

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

If Chris tells Mac I want you to concentrate/focus on OL then no doubt he would.  

I agree but shouldn’t the GM have enough sense to build a team without guidance? That’s the whole point of his job. It’s one thing for an owner to meddle and it’s another for an owner to give basic common sense direction since he GM has ZERO clue.

• Upvote 1
  • Sympathy 1

51 minutes ago, RobR said:

Finally? I wanted this clown masquerading as a GM fired three years ago.

Let’s hope Gase has more intelligence than Mac, Johnsons’ and Bowles combined. That is macs, and our only hope. If Mac’s excuse was he was that stupid to let a complete D guru moron like Todd Bowles influence his draft and FA decisions, we better hope Gase can carry Mac’s extreme weaknesses. 

• Sympathy 1

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

I’d note that our intrepid corps of lazy f*ck millennial blogger/beat writers never got a shred of clarification on the “new” management structure that Chris Johnson alluded to when Gase was hired. Was Maccagnan pushed up or down the chain? Does Heimerdinger have more or less power? Was Gase given any control over personnel? You’d think someone would be looking to find this sh*t out.

These goofballs have implausible deniability down to a pseudoscience. Just wait until it's time to slip somebody the burn notice. 3:2 says the day after we're mathematically eliminated, Johnson and Maccagnan and Gase take turns going to Williams's office asking about the TPS reports until he loses his mind and brains a hot dog vendor with a paperweight shaped like a dick. Then while you're all chasing your tails over which of those idiots was responsible for hiring that lunatic in the first place they enter into clandestine negotiations to hire Mike McCarthy as special assistant to the vice president of something that doesn't exist.

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

3 hours ago, T0mShane said:

On the other hand, Maccagnan is so obtuse that he’s not smart enough to pull off any Machiavellian sh*t anyway. He’s just gonna go through the motions, overpay a few dregs in free agency, draft a DT, and then act shocked when he’s fired next January. 

I’d note that our intrepid corps of lazy f*ck millennial blogger/beat writers never got a shred of clarification on the “new” management structure that Chris Johnson alluded to when Gase was hired. Was Maccagnan pushed up or down the chain? Does Heimerdinger have more or less power? Was Gase given any control over personnel? You’d think someone would be looking to find this sh*t out. There has to be an agent for one of these guys who’s dying to talk about it on background, either to elevate their client or bitch about his client getting screwed. Alas, there was a new Fortnite update and all our beat guys are tied up for a few months.

The Jets have turned into the Knicks in this regard. Shift focus from anything associated to the on the field product and keep the focus on uniforms , instagramming Jamal Adams going to Bloomingdales etc. Did we ever get the details of Gase’s contract?

• Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1

14 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

The Jets have turned into the Knicks in this regard. Shift focus from anything associated to the on the field product and keep the focus on uniforms , instagramming Jamal Adams going to Bloomingdales etc. Did we ever get the details of Gase’s contract?

Pretty much. It doesn't matter how sh*tty the product is, as long as the brand is still profitable.

• Upvote 2

39 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

When has it ever happened that a coach gets hired and nobody knows what the contract looks like? That’s pretty amazing

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Jetsfan80 said:

We're really in the worst possible situation:  A bad GM who knows he should have already been fired.  That impacts every decision he makes for this franchise.  Not one decision he makes will he have the next 5 years in mind.  Just next season. 

In a less dramatic sense, he has rebooted every two years. So the max on how far forward he was looking all along was 2 years at a time. Maybe 1 year at a time will prove better?

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Matt39 said:

It's all the young people they have running their Social Media Campaigns.

• Post of the Week 1

7 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

I disagree. Mac has been skating on a very shaky OLine for years. He is a stubborn moron he believes he can find OL gems in 6th 7th rounds, so why waste a pick earlier on much safer bets ? he sure goes after bottom of the barrel in OL FA also.. god forbid due to macs OL neglect, darnold is seriously hurt, or is hit often, Johnson will see why. No one else to blame but mac. Darnold is miles ahead of everyone, in level of importance. For chance at winning, but also for selling tickets. Which the Johnsons care about most. They will very quickly bring in a gm who values an OL, qb protection to protect their only prized possession. A gms salary is peanuts compared to value and importance of a healthy Darnold.

Oh I agree with everything you say up to Maccagnan being fired, he will at the very least last through next year and the final day of his contract.

Where were the Johnsons when their Sphinx coach with the 80 IQ was running Spencer Long out at C for 8 or 9 consecutive weeks as he fired snaps over the “prized rookie’s” head and feet?  Only by the grace of God did some NT not fall on Darnold’s shoulder, separating it.  If I was owner I would have been on the first flight out of London reading both Maccagnan and the Sphinx the riot act after Long’s 2nd snap over Darnold’s head.

If anything shows how much they really feel about their team that is Exhibit A.

It took Fouts and Ian Eagle giggling on national tv while the camera panned to Bowles usual clueless expression multiple times before anything was finally done about Long.

Bowles mercifully gone, next step is firing Maccagnan and gutting the so-called “scouts”.  But that won’t happen until 2021, if at all.  Darnold just might be so great that it won’t matter how stupid the “GM” is.  At this point the Jets would be better off just having an empty chair with the words GM on it and just let some computer program make the decisions Maccagnan tries to make.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Oh I agree with everything you say up to Maccagnan being fired, he will at the very least last through next year and the final day of his contract.

Where were the Johnsons when their Sphinx coach with the 80 IQ was running Spencer Long out at C for 8 or 9 consecutive weeks as he fired snaps over the “prized rookie’s” head and feet?  Only by the grace of God did some NT not fall on Darnold’s shoulder, separating it.  If I was owner I would have been on the first flight out of London reading both Maccagnan and the Sphinx the riot act after Long’s 2nd snap over Darnold’s head.

If anything shows how much they really feel about their team that is Exhibit A.

It took Fouts and Ian Eagle giggling on national tv while the camera panned to Bowles usual clueless expression multiple times before anything was finally done about Long.

Bowles mercifully gone, next step is firing Maccagnan and gutting the so-called “scouts”.  But that won’t happen until 2021, if at all.  Darnold just might be so great that it won’t matter how stupid the “GM” is.  At this point the Jets would be better off just having an empty chair with the words GM on it and just let some computer program make the decisions Maccagnan tries to make.

Let’s not forget who thought it was a genius idea to sign spencer long. Amazing Mac throws top dollar at D guys who really we don’t need, but won’t draft a OL before the 6 round, and only signs or trades for bottom of the barrel, injury ridden OLs. Johnsons are just as clueless, but when they see darnold still getting smacked around, and mac can no longer blame bowles and Jeremy b, he will have to take full responsibility.. I think we will find out if Mac is coming back next yr when the draft and FA is over.. Especially if giant OL really comes together, and they somehow finish with a better record, mac is gone. One thing that is saving Mac is how bad giants been. Johnsons always seem to measure jets with giants 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, Larz said:

So if maccs contract is up after this year, we either get him extended or try to hire a GM that will accept gase 

Lulz jets 

It does not matter if the new GM likes Gase.  

In the world of the Johnson Jets, each of the Coach and GM report to the Johnsons. 

The beat goes on

3 hours ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

Let’s not forget who thought it was a genius idea to sign spencer long. Amazing Mac throws top dollar at D guys who really we don’t need, but won’t draft a OL before the 6 round, and only signs or trades for bottom of the barrel, injury ridden OLs. Johnsons are just as clueless, but when they see darnold still getting smacked around, and mac can no longer blame bowles and Jeremy b, he will have to take full responsibility.. I think we will find out if Mac is coming back next yr when the draft and FA is over.. Especially if giant OL really comes together, and they somehow finish with a better record, mac is gone. One thing that is saving Mac is how bad giants been. Johnsons always seem to measure jets with giants 

All very good points.

Maccagnan so so bad sometimes I swear it’s sabotage haha.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

22 hours ago, Larz said:

So if maccs contract is up after this year, we either get him extended or try to hire a GM that will accept gase 

Lulz jets 

It's ownership.  Until the Johnsons are gone this team will continue to be dysfunctional. 

The sad thing is the Jets had things really line up nicely for them - and could have done things the right way.

Got their franchise QB - GM and HC were going into their last years - coming off a bad season and easily fireable.

Have a top 3 pick, all this. money

For the first time in a long time - quality coaches and GM's wanted to come here.  

So instead of bringing in a respected, qualified GM and let him run the team....we build this cockamamy hierarchy.

I really don't think you could do things worse than the Jets even if you tried.  Honestly.  They have handled this off-season about as bad as a team could.