Jump to content

FIRE MACCAGNAN!!!!!!!


Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, southparkcpa said:

 

Ive posted this before but it stays in my minds and all my Jets buddies here remind me constantly.  2 years ago, in JAX, about 10 of us went down to the game.  As the JETS bus pulled in , all players getting off, about 50 JETS fans greeting the players.  MAC gets off last and is about 100 feet from us.

I scream "Hey MAC"  he raises his cup of coffee at us with that shlt eating grin and I scream  "YOU SUCK" draft someone who can play!!! You suck, I hope they fire you!" He ducked his head and sped into the stadium.

The whole crowd looks back at me.....   I don't regret it.

 

You are a saint. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Gotta keep this visible is all so any of the Jets/media lurkers see it. We need this front and center and we need this to pick up steam. The media is already starting to go after Mac(thank you Rex). E

Might come as a surprise but the elected JN captain does not need your approval to start a thread. "Nobody puts creepy in the corner!"

1. Dump Macc today 2. Hire GM tomorrow 3. Let him replace Bowles with his guy end of season 4. profit

Posted Images

On 5/16/2019 at 12:57 AM, Dcat said:

it took Chris Johnson 4 months to finish reading this thread.  But at last, maybe he did.  And thanks to all who kept this going.  It may not be a fancy turnpike billboard or a banner, but the thread title has been accomplished.  Well done. 

Funny, but I was told that the Jets actually have an designated staff member who's job it is to read our board among others.  I'm not sure if they post or not but they are definitely here.  @Creepy Lurker and his thread may have had some impact when said staffer reported this one back to base. 

If CJ ever got a hold of that post by @Sperm Edwards about Macc he would have fired him mid way through lol   The Chicago    Bears /Marshall trade theory alone would have sealed Macc's fate. lol

We have more of an impact than one would think at JN. Obviously they weren't paying any attention to the stuff I was saying. hahaha 

Thankfully. :)  

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

 

Ive posted this before but it stays in my minds and all my Jets buddies here remind me constantly.  2 years ago, in JAX, about 10 of us went down to the game.  As the JETS bus pulled in , all players getting off, about 50 JETS fans greeting the players.  MAC gets off last and is about 100 feet from us.

I scream "Hey MAC"  he raises his cup of coffee at us with that shlt eating grin and I scream  "YOU SUCK" draft someone who can play!!! You suck, I hope they fire you!" He ducked his head and sped into the stadium.

The whole crowd looks back at me.....   I don't regret it.

 

 

You, sir, are a national treasure for doing that.  I salute you.  And I regret that I have just one positive rep to bestow upon you for this post.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jetsfan80 said:

 

You, sir, are a national treasure for doing that.  I salute you.  And I regret that I have just one positive rep to bestow upon you for this post.

It’s a great story. F*ck Mac!

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 11 months later...

Funny how it seems everyone wanted him canned and are still celebrating it. Where are all his defenders? And he had plenty right til the end, inexplicably.

 

  • Upvote 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, jgb said:

Funny how it seems everyone wanted him canned and are still celebrating it. Where are all his defenders? And he had plenty right til the end, inexplicably.

 

I've said a few time that I defended him for way too long.  Gave him the benefit of the doubt that more of his picks would develop within a few years but it just never really happened.  

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2020 at 8:49 AM, GREENBEAN said:

Funny, but I was told that the Jets actually have an designated staff member who's job it is to read our board among others.  I'm not sure if they post or not but they are definitely here.  @Creepy Lurker and his thread may have had some impact when said staffer reported this one back to base. 

You know @Creepy Lurker is the perfect name for a designated staff member who's job it is to read our board.  

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Jet Nut said:

You know @Creepy Lurker is the perfect name for a designated staff member who's job it is to read our board.  

It is and they should have someone monitor this stuff to some degree. Especially when they’ve made so many terrible decisions. Maybe not so much now since things seem somewhat organized now. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, DetroitRed said:

I could never understand why we never drafted offensive line before round 5

It is dumbfounding. Probably something to do with “BPA” the crutch of all garbage GMs.

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, DetroitRed said:

I could never understand why we never drafted offensive line before round 5

He made a comment once that he did not believe in using high picks on the OL. Seriously.

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

You know the most telling thing about the Macagnan regime is what's happening right now? I've looked at news for Macagnan and there is none. It's like he's fallen off the face of the earth. Will he EVER get hired by another NFL team in any capacity?

  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He made a comment once that he did not believe in using high picks on the OL. Seriously.

"I think historically when you look at teams that are successful, one of the things that they do in the draft is they find value in offensive linemen prospects that they can kind of groom and develop. They don’t have to always be high picks," he said. "A lot of teams are very successful building good offensive lines through the draft through picks from the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh round and sometimes even college free agents."

clown GIF by Team Coco

1 hour ago, NYJ1 said:

You know the most telling thing about the Macagnan regime is what's happening right now? I've looked at news for Macagnan and there is none. It's like he's fallen off the face of the earth. Will he EVER get hired by another NFL team in any capacity?

If anyone hears anything, let me know. Desperate to find out where he's playing poker with the boys on Tuesday nights.

All In Poker GIF by PokerStars

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, johnnysd said:

He made a comment once that he did not believe in using high picks on the OL. Seriously.

Why use high draft picks on the single unit that dictates the flow of the ENTIRE game, and ultimately who wins and who loses?

I swear, the Johnsons need to step aside 110% from any decision making process.  Some of their decisions have been so mind boggling when looking at what they’ve done from just a “do you even have a single ounce of street smarts?” perspective.

Put due diligence with regard to Maccagnan about to be FIRED as a Scout in Houston aside (where the hell were the ex federal agents all these NFL teams hire to do that kind of work?  Or were the Johnsons saving money there too?).  How do you Up some bum with such a sketchy performance record in Houston to be your GM?

Again put that aside.  Just looking at the guy for more than two seconds and your spidy senses tell you “MORON”....back to that “ounce of street smarts”....which neither Johnson brother has.

Now I’m once again picturing Adam “The Fraud” Gase and his trusted Flunky Little King of Queens Guy leaving Chris Johnson’s office and Chris jumping up from his desk with an index finger in the air when they leave “This guys a Genius”.

Maccagnan will never find work as a Janitor in the NFL and Gase will never even be an OC again, even after two failed HC jobs....Massive indictment against how the Johnsons think.

 

 

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Again put that aside.  Just looking at the guy for more than two seconds and your spidy senses tell you “MORON”....back to that “ounce of street smarts”....which neither Johnson brother has.

Johnsons might be the most business savvy-owners in the NFL. They know their customer. They focus on profits while we keep watching.

2 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Maccagnan will never find work as a Janitor in the NFL and Gase will never even be an OC again, even after two failed HC jobs....Massive indictment against how the Johnsons think.

 

 

At least Macc has a legacy: "First NFL GM to negotiate against himself and lose."

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/27/2019 at 8:56 PM, Grandy said:

lc6vb1r4tvu21.jpg

Glazer is the one source guy I trust the most. Hopefully it comes true and we wake up to Christmas morning tomorrow.

 

On 4/27/2019 at 9:02 PM, ECURB said:

Fake news... Also Mac just got the franchise QB and now a franchise RB... Add Mosley and he has done better than most.

This has to be the funniest non-pac moment in this thread.

  • Haha 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, jgb said:

"I think historically when you look at teams that are successful, one of the things that they do in the draft is they find value in offensive linemen prospects that they can kind of groom and develop. They don’t have to always be high picks," he said. "A lot of teams are very successful building good offensive lines through the draft through picks from the third, fourth, fifth, sixth, seventh round and sometimes even college free agents."

This is exactly what good GMs do, though. No one has an OL made up exclusively of firsts, seconds, and high priced free agents. Like Idzik he had a good idea, he was just completely incapable of executing it. 

Joe Douglas has his Brick/Mangold now, I'll be pissed if he dips into the OL well in the first round for the third time in a row next year. It's also why I wasn't thrilled with the trade up. That third round had guys who could start this year or next on the OL. He picked up a couple promising UDFAs, though. That's the way you should be doing it, especially on the interior line. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, slats said:

This is exactly what good GMs do, though. No one has an OL made up exclusively of firsts, seconds, and high priced free agents. Like Idzik he had a good idea, he was just completely incapable of executing it. 

Joe Douglas has his Brick/Mangold now, I'll be pissed if he dips into the OL well in the first round for the third time in a row next year. It's also why I wasn't thrilled with the trade up. That third round had guys who could start this year or next on the OL. He picked up a couple promising UDFAs, though. That's the way you should be doing it, especially on the interior line. 

Yeah we agree there -- almost any draft strategy works if you are good at picking players that can contribute. Conversely, any strategy fails if you are not good at talent eval.

I'll also point out that getting contributors with 1/3 of your picks consistently put you in the GM HOF -- with some bigger hits with your premium picks, of course.

Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, slats said:

This is exactly what good GMs do, though. No one has an OL made up exclusively of firsts, seconds, and high priced free agents. Like Idzik he had a good idea, he was just completely incapable of executing it. 

Joe Douglas has his Brick/Mangold now, I'll be pissed if he dips into the OL well in the first round for the third time in a row next year. It's also why I wasn't thrilled with the trade up. That third round had guys who could start this year or next on the OL. He picked up a couple promising UDFAs, though. That's the way you should be doing it, especially on the interior line. 

I don't think he will continue to draft OL that high.  Maybe one more tackle, but I'd be shocked if it were in the 1st round.  Good teams find OL later in the draft and develop them in large part because they already have OL that can play.  It's great to have a pipeline, but we don't have the luxury of waiting for 4th rounders to develop.  We need instant starters on the line.

Macc didn't believe in drafting OL high, but he also barely drafted them at all.  I created this thread last month with this data:

Over the past 10 years, we're in the bottom of the league in investment in Offensive Tackle, and the absolute bottom in Center.  Without doing the math, and just eyeballing it, I'd say "low-middle" with Guard.

  • Upvote 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 2 weeks later...
On 5/16/2021 at 2:27 PM, Jet Nut said:

You know @Creepy Lurker is the perfect name for a designated staff member who's job it is to read our board.  

Verrrrrrry Interesting. lol.  That would be a right under our nose sort of thing now wouldn't it?  😉😉😉

  • Thumb Down 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/15/2021 at 7:36 AM, Creepy Lurker said:

HAPPY FIRE MACCAGNAN DAY!!!!!

Wish we could send him termination letters every year, over and over again!

2 years later and the dude still isn't employed by an NFL team in any capacity.  lmao.  In some ways I don't blame him.  He'll never be done counting the money he got from the Johnson's and if the best he is capable of is being an area scout, why bother?

  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/16/2021 at 7:23 AM, jgb said:

Funny how it seems everyone wanted him canned and are still celebrating it. Where are all his defenders? And he had plenty right til the end, inexplicably.

Even his last remaining defenders still finally admitted he sucks, some publicly but I imagine at least to themselves.  Except maybe @Pac.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 2:00 AM, BroadwayRay said:

I wanted him fired for gross negligence the moment he drafted Hackenberg in 2016.

1a worst draft pick in NFL history, with 1b being Jamal Adams.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/17/2021 at 10:33 PM, johnnysd said:

He made a comment once that he did not believe in using high picks on the OL. Seriously.

Absolutely absurd that this was part of his philosophy, but not surprising at all.  Everything GM's do well, and every philosophy that makes sense in the NFL, he did the opposite.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...