Where do you stand on Maccagnan?

jetstream23

What should happen with GM Mike Maccagnan?  

101 members have voted

1. 1. What should happen with GM Mike Maccagnan?

• He should be FIRED at the end of the season no matter what
    • He should get ONE MORE year given recent results and to see if Coaching was the main problem
    • He should be SAFE and his job status shouldn't even be up for discussion at this point.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

No one would care either way if he drafted guys who can actually play.

Just like no one would care if the Jets were a winning team. All this crap is picked apart and magnified because we have a bumbling idiot as the HC of the team. 

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

How do you think this sh*t is not an indictment of his abilities as GM?  If he knew who to go in on, he wouldn't be worried about what the public thought.  He'd pick the right QB and move up.  He'd spend on the right CB and DE and they'd perform.  The fact that they didn't know what they had with Wilkerson is pathetic.  They are paying him $9M this year to sit on the Packers IR because they had a "heart to heart discussion."  In his 5th ******* year?  

That my friend is all on the CS, they failed to hold Wilk accountable for his actions and let him loaf. 

20 hours ago, jetstream23 said:

Yes.  They were very offensive.

Winters still a starter, Abousi played in the league for a few years, Dozier still ob the roster.  3 out of 4 did something in this leauge.

Idzik 4 oline in 2 drafts

Mac 2 olineman in 4 drafts not one being higher than 5th round

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

How do you think this sh*t is not an indictment of his abilities as GM?  If he knew who to go in on, he wouldn't be worried about what the public thought.  He'd pick the right QB and move up.  He'd spend on the right CB and DE and they'd perform.  The fact that they didn't know what they had with Wilkerson is pathetic.  They are paying him $9M this year to sit on the Packers IR because they had a "heart to heart discussion."  In his 5th ******* year?  

So all he has to do is pick the players and Todd will get them to play. Wilk, Richardson, Leo big $$ on Revis/Tru . Your rich uncle can buy you a Lambo but if you proceed to crash it into a wall (driving conservatively at 35 mph) its not his fault. 

22 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Winters still a starter, Abousi played in the league for a few years, Dozier still ob the roster.  3 out of 4 did something in this leauge.

Edge rusher is a deeper position in this Draft than OLine.  Simply more capable prospects coming out of college.

I would trade back, get an OT in Round 1 and use an acquired 2nd rounder to get an Edge rusher.  Hit Offensive Line again in Round 3 or 4.

But Macc won't.  We know this.

53 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

That my friend is all on the CS, they failed to hold Wilk accountable for his actions and let him loaf. 

... but he was loafing before that.  Read the Pepper Johnson piece on deadspin. I don't want Pepper near my team and he is not likely to be near any other team, but he was refreshingly honest.  The guy loafs and you decide to pay him.  Then you complain that the loafing is on the coaching staff?  That, my friend, is no way to run a lemonade stand.

40 minutes ago, Beerfish said:

Main thing for Mac is the online. 4 years and this line is horrid. Can't even say that one player on this line is pretty good. Not one. Definitely needs to go.

37 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

So all he has to do is pick the players and Todd will get them to play. Wilk, Richardson, Leo big $$ on Revis/Tru . Your rich uncle can buy you a Lambo but if you proceed to crash it into a wall (driving conservatively at 35 mph) its not his fault. 

That is pretty rich.  You think this roster is a Lambo or a rusty Pinto?

So some people are back to blaming the Coach for the bad drafts?  Good lord.

If the GM is catering entirely to the HC with his draft, he still sucks.  That's the exact wrong way to approach the draft.  You would think a GM who was hired separately from the HC wouldn't worry about what the coach wants or thinks he needs. 

Acquire top level talent.  That's the job of the GM.  Macc hasn't done it.  Thus he needs to go.  It's not that f***ing complicated, people. 

I think he's gotten better as a GM and as a talent evaluater. I also understand why people would feel the opposite, and I won't argue with you on that if you do.

Like many others I have a really hard time forgiving him for not addressing the offensive line. Certainly also for not finding playmakers or outside rushers, but mainly for ignoring the offensive line. 

So I guess I'm still on the fence. On one hand, I'm OK with firing him for the poor job he has done. But on the other hand I can see a few blurry signs that he's learning the league and the position, and that maybe the stability of an improving GM is better than another complete front office shakeup.

I think I'll really feel fine with whatever direction they go. I'm not in love with him as GM, but I also don't see a ton of optimism in starting all over again. 

Archived