The unspoken issue with keeping our GM Macc

Paradis

54 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

If you're a HC candidate you definitely want a stable GM situation, but you also want a franchise QB or a young potential franchise QB:

Ravens- Have to deal with flacco or lamar jackson....hard pass

Broncos- Case Keenum.....hard pass

Cowboys- Have to deal with Dak and Jerry.... 

Bucs- Jameis may be gone....Fitz...no defense....hard pass

Browns- Will be very attractive job with Baker/Garrett

Jets- Darnold...young roster...cap space...

If I am a HC, I take the Browns or the Jets. The other teams may have a more stable GM but they have worse QB situations. 

True, there's merit to flush cap and Franchise QB... it definitely helps remain an option for HC candidates. (and i disagree on your assessment of BAL)... but don't underestimate history and league perception. We are on the circus side of the fence. One side is respectable franchises like CHI, GB, PIT, DEN, BAL - who have a winning pedigree and well run organization... the other side is littered with losers like CLE, DET, BUF, etc etc I hate to break it to you, but we'd fall on that side of the fence. If you think you have 1 shot at HC opportunity, you're going weigh on the GM situation... might be 100% of the reason you do or don't but it's definitely going to be a factor. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Paradis said:

True, there's merit to flush cap and Franchise QB... it definitely helps remain an option for HC candidates. (and i disagree on your assessment of BAL)... but don't underestimate history and league perception. We are on the circus side of the fence. One side is respectable franchises like CHI, GB, PIT, DEN, BAL - who have a winning pedigree and well run organization... the other side is littered with losers like CLE, DET, BUF, etc etc I hate to break it to you, but we'd fall on that side of the fence. If you think you have 1 shot at HC opportunity, you're going weigh on the GM situation... might be 100% of the reason you do or don't but it's definitely going to be a factor. 

All true, but firing Macc doesn't exactly put an end to the circus/unstable environment you are talking about. 

There are only a handful of HC positions in the NFL. And even fewer have franchise QBs in place or have an up and coming franchise QB. A offensive minded HC candidate will look first to the QB on the roster before the other nonsense. 

If they like Darnold, they will gravitate to the Jets. If they don't, they won't. I think the other stuff is media created smoke. 

On 11/15/2018 at 7:38 AM, Philc1 said:

Macc hasn’t made the playoffs in 4 years, 95% of his draft picks are mediocre to horrible and most of his FA signings sucked

Macc has had as long a leash as it gets

And this is one of your typical posts where 95% is wrong with you doing nothing more than bitching

Archived