Jetster

What happened to New Jack City?

I haven't heard anyone mention NJC  in a few weeks until you just did.

• Upvote 2
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I haven't heard anyone mention NJC  in a few weeks until you just did.

Well, I think at this point it might not be appropriate to ever be mentioned again by our secondary. 

• Upvote 1
  • Like 2

They're basically kids who have never had real jobs.  

Let them have fun and do their kiddy things.  

No one should pay attention to nicknames, tweets n so on...

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

Are the Jets the only secondary that first, gives itself a nickname & second absolutely turn into a dumpster fire? This is an issue I've had with Todd Bowles since he's been here. Everytime this team wins a game, they Peacock. I mean they win 2, lose 4, win 1, lose 3. Its been that way since he's been here & based on that record, we have units giving themselves nicknames? I just picture everytime our secondary gets burned, these WRs laughing in the next huddle, "New Jack City My Ass!". 

The stupid dancing around last year vs the Bills during a time out. The Bills danced on their f*cking heads Sunday.

I mean seriously. NEW JACK CITY, what the hell does it even mean? It's an embarrassment to even bring it up after giving up 31 points in the 1st half to the Bills, omg.

Hath this secondary no shame?

New Jack City has got nothing but jacked up. 

I mean C’mon man we’ve been drafting secondary guys and buying FA secondary guys. 

Bowles was a safety for 8 years and a DC. and yet every week I see blown coverages. Play after play with guys wide open over the middle. They blitz with DBs 10-15 yds off the line. WTF. My high school coach could do better. Incompetence to the Nth degree.

• Upvote 4

Well, they're still by far the best unit on the team. Not that that says much. You just don't hear much about it because it's hard to get HYPE when you're getting blown out by the Bills.

Coaches need to adjust better to the "new NFL",  ?The league is all about offense and projecting players from big hits.  Just as everyone is in search of the new offensive minded coach, a new defensive minded coach is needed as well.    The Rams are stacked in the defense and every time i see them play they are in a shoot out.

53 minutes ago, Mike135 said:

They're basically kids who have never had real jobs.  

Let them have fun and do their kiddy things.  

No one should pay attention to nicknames, tweets n so on...

I am forthwith and in perpetuity to be referred to by my new self appointed nickname, The Lord Humongous,  The Ayatollah of Rock and Rolla......

• Haha 1

16 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Trumaine Johnson should be benched.  He has no business being on the field.   I wouldn't even put his lazy act out there on special teams.  

He is a disgrace.  Benched for good...

Dude we have seen this act from macs high priced free agents and how bowles handles them.  Bowles pats them on the head when at times you have to embarrass the hell out of them.  Bowles pretends he is a parcells disciple but his handling of under performing players is as far from parcells like as you can get.

• Upvote 3
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Trumaine Johnson should be benched.  He has no business being on the field.   I wouldn't even put his lazy act out there on special teams.  

He is a disgrace.  Benched for good...

I get the feeling you don't like him 😎

Your right Roberts as outplayed him. This years FA signing have sucked.

Two over priced and aweful players Long and Johnson. Neither will be here by 2020.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

I mean seriously. NEW JACK CITY, what the hell does it even mean? It's an embarrassment to even bring it up after giving up 31 points in the 1st half to the Bills, omg.

Jack being lingo for theft. I guess they were implying that they were going to have an impact on the field this year with takeaways. Also, have you seen the movie New Jack City? Quality flick.

2 hours ago, jeremy2020 said:

to be fair, it's impossible to prepare for Matt Barkley with no tape on him.

Shouldn't have to prepare for him. Just have to play with some effing effort!

7 hours ago, Jetster said:

Are the Jets the only secondary that first, gives itself a nickname & second absolutely turn into a dumpster fire? This is an issue I've had with Todd Bowles since he's been here. Everytime this team wins a game, they Peacock. I mean they win 2, lose 4, win 1, lose 3. Its been that way since he's been here & based on that record, we have units giving themselves nicknames? I just picture everytime our secondary gets burned, these WRs laughing in the next huddle, "New Jack City My Ass!". 

The stupid dancing around last year vs the Bills during a time out. The Bills danced on their f*cking heads Sunday.

Lol.  I remember I got a lot of flak on the post below for criticizing the off season smack talk.  I was saying "it's good that you have a great attitude but channel it into working hard this offseason and producing results on the field".

I guess this is his way of "silencing the critics".

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

New Jack ass City is jacked up because the entire philosophy of the Head Coach is flawed.

Constantly adding to the Secondary when you don't have a pass rush is STUPID. Instead of adding all those guys we should have been adding LB's I would have much rather of spent the Money on Mack and Fowler than Trumaine Johnson who will not be a good corner if you don't pressure the QB. Trumaine is the type of guy who is talented enough to cover in a small window but when the pass rush does not get to the QB or create pressure Trumaine is exposed Just like An older Darrelle Revis was exposed. If we had a top pass rush with Elite LB's every other phase of the Defense works talking about the DL and the Secondary.

The Giants of the 80's with Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick laid out the plan for a dominant defense as did the Bears, the Steelers (when they won their SB's recently) and San Fran. Draft LB's and more LB's and More LB's and everything falls into place. Thinking you can cover WR's with today's speed in the NFL by building with secondary and no pass rush is STUPID LOGIC and its obvious. We wasted numerous picks the last 10 years on DL and CB when there were Elite LB's all over the board. We were playing a damn 3-4 defense, if you have great LB's you can throw a bunch of occupiers up front to push the pocket and clear for the LB's to make the plays. When said LB's start making plays and creating pressure everything starts to work. Drafting DL and CB's early in the first round is STUPID unless you already have the other pieces in place, for instance a freaking pass rush !!! 

The other stupid thing the Jets did while attempting to run a 3-4 defense is let Harrison go when they should have signed him and dumped Wilkerson. Some may call hindsight but I was posting this all over this board that a top Nose Tackle is the most important part of a 3-4 defense yet Todd Bowles wanted Wilk. The funny Part ? We could have actually saved money Dumping Wilk keeping Harrison then trading Richardson. In My plan Leonard Williams would not even be on this football team... WHY ? Cause I would have drafted another LB.

I feel Bowles has way too much say and influence on the draft causing Macc to use late picks on the positions he wants to fill and that's not a smart way to draft and its proving out. I don't know for sure But it seems to me most of the early round drafting we have done has Bowels influence all over it.

I still hate Revis.

6 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Jack being lingo for theft. I guess they were implying that they were going to have an impact on the field this year with takeaways. Also, have you seen the movie New Jack City? Quality flick.

Yeah , they take salary and don't produce results.

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

I get the feeling you don't like him 😎

Your right Roberts as outplayed him. This years FA signing have sucked.

Two over priced and aweful players Long and Johnson. Neither will be here by 2020.

That’s one of the reasons I’m opposed to bring back Mac. He’s not that good at picking winners.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, prime21 said:

Coaches need to adjust better to the "new NFL",  ?The league is all about offense and projecting players from big hits.  Just as everyone is in search of the new offensive minded coach, a new defensive minded coach is needed as well.    The Rams are stacked in the defense and every time i see them play they are in a shoot out.

Rams can rush but they cannot cover

13 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

New Jack ass City is jacked up because the entire philosophy of the Head Coach is flawed.

Constantly adding to the Secondary when you don't have a pass rush is STUPID. Instead of adding all those guys we should have been adding LB's I would have much rather of spent the Money on Mack and Fowler than Trumaine Johnson who will not be a good corner if you don't pressure the QB. Trumaine is the type of guy who is talented enough to cover in a small window but when the pass rush does not get to the QB or create pressure Trumaine is exposed Just like An older Darrelle Revis was exposed. If we had a top pass rush with Elite LB's every other phase of the Defense works talking about the DL and the Secondary.

The Giants of the 80's with Bill Parcells and Bill Belichick laid out the plan for a dominant defense as did the Bears, the Steelers (when they won their SB's recently) and San Fran. Draft LB's and more LB's and More LB's and everything falls into place. Thinking you can cover WR's with today's speed in the NFL by building with secondary and no pass rush is STUPID LOGIC and its obvious. We wasted numerous picks the last 10 years on DL and CB when there were Elite LB's all over the board. We were playing a damn 3-4 defense, if you have great LB's you can throw a bunch of occupiers up front to push the pocket and clear for the LB's to make the plays. When said LB's start making plays and creating pressure everything starts to work. Drafting DL and CB's early in the first round is STUPID unless you already have the other pieces in place, for instance a freaking pass rush !!! 

The other stupid thing the Jets did while attempting to run a 3-4 defense is let Harrison go when they should have signed him and dumped Wilkerson. Some may call hindsight but I was posting this all over this board that a top Nose Tackle is the most important part of a 3-4 defense yet Todd Bowles wanted Wilk. The funny Part ? We could have actually saved money Dumping Wilk keeping Harrison then trading Richardson. In My plan Leonard Williams would not even be on this football team... WHY ? Cause I would have drafted another LB.

I feel Bowles has way too much say and influence on the draft causing Macc to use late picks on the positions he wants to fill and that's not a smart way to draft and its proving out. I don't know for sure But it seems to me most of the early round drafting we have done has Bowels influence all over it.

Great post, I agree with all of this.

• Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Mark78 said:

Shouldn't have to prepare for him. Just have to play with some effing effort!

actually in coach bowles' press conference he said he didn't have any problem with his team's the effort in the latest debacle..

LOLz coach bowles didn't even need to watch the film!!

make it stop.. 

On ‎11‎/‎14‎/‎2018 at 3:32 PM, Jetster said:

I vote we rename it to "We-Suck City"

• Upvote 2