Manish: Mike Maccagnan will chose the next head coach

Jetsbb

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have two choices:

1. I can remain positive and fantasize about Macc and his new HC holding hands and spinning in slow motion in a meadow after making the playoffs next year.

or

2. Let this feeling of despair eat me from the inside out.

I'm going with number 1, because I have had enough of number 2. ?

51 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Basically the only thing that we waste if it really goes to sh*t is 3 years. Jets fans themselves have readily admitted wasting 50 years so what’s another 3 orso.

We leveraged our future (3 second round picks) to draft Sam Darnold. This off-season is extremely important to the future health of the franchise. It will shape the franchise for the next decade. By the end of this season the Jets will have compiled a 13-35 record since 2015. What it all boils down to is the opportunity cost is simply too high to keep Mike Maccagan and allow him to pick his coach, spend the Jets cap space, and draft more players. Keeping Mac will set the Jets back a decade. Look how long it took for him to admit Hackenberg was a mistake, and he was just a 2nd rd pick. I'm not saying Darnold is or isn't a bust, but if he looks like garbage in 2019, do you trust Mac to draft a qb like Tua Tagovailoa  if he fell till us in the 2020 Draft? I don't. He'll pass on the next great qb's just like he did when he passed on Watson and Mahomes. He's horrible at the draft and doesn't understand sunk cost fallacy. Mac's pride/ego make him irrational and he will again fall for the sunk cost fallacy.

18 hours ago, UnknownJetFan said:

Maybe if Mac Picks an offensive head coach they will be on the same page and pick much more O instead of D players.

I agree this is probably best case scenario. I really need someone that is going to be able to develop Sam because clearly I dont think there is anyone that has watched this team and can say they are happy with Sam's progress from week 1 until now. 

I cant even fathom what its going to feel like 5 years from now if we end up f*cking up what Sam "could have been".

I think Mac gets at least another season to build this team.  Truth is, his last two drafts have been much better than his previous drafts.  

Darnold, Adams, Maye, McGuire, Cannon, Herndon and Leggett are all good to great picks.  He's made really good trades.  Sheldon for a second and Kearse.  Signing Teddy and getting a third.  Anderson for a seventh.  Trading up for Sam.  I think he will turn a top five pick into a lot of value. He MUST use LOTS of resources on the OL.  It's as simple as that.  And he must pick the right coach.  I like Bowles but he's just not a good HC.  He's one of those guys who excels as a coordinator but is not a HC.  Mac must get his guy.

13 minutes ago, BettyBoop said:

I think Mac gets at least another season to build this team.  Truth is, his last two drafts have been much better than his previous drafts.  

Darnold, Adams, Maye, McGuire, Cannon, Herndon and Leggett are all good to great picks.  He's made really good trades.  Sheldon for a second and Kearse.  Signing Teddy and getting a third.  Anderson for a seventh.  Trading up for Sam.  I think he will turn a top five pick into a lot of value. He MUST use LOTS of resources on the OL.  It's as simple as that.  And he must pick the right coach.  I like Bowles but he's just not a good HC.  He's one of those guys who excels as a coordinator but is not a HC.  Mac must get his guy.

Subject has been beaten to death, but the Addams pick is inexcusable in hindsight, and I love Jamal Addams on this tea so that kinda throws a wet rag on his 2017 draft and that mistake compounds when he trades valuable assets to get to 3 to draft Darnold who I also like a lot and the collateral damage actually trickles into 2019 by us not having a 2nd round pick 

Unfortunately, the terrible decision making on the QB position through out his tenure should alone be the nail in his coffin let alone all the other head scratchers

Archived