Manish: Mike Maccagnan will chose the next head coach

Jetsbb

4 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jet-take/id1102283546?mt=2#episodeGuid=366f82946a974b2290640a4d2b00ae23

Long interview with Manish. Not only will Mike be back but he will be the one in charge of the Head Coaching search. Also said Jets will be committed to him for another three years at least because of the new coach.

:badmood::badmood::badmood:

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, playtowinthegame said:

No way Mac survives 3-13, and the Jets finishing 3-13 is going to happen.

I don't know about this.  I think Macc both can and will survive a 3-13 finish (even though I think 4-12 is more likely).  I don't hate Macc (at least not at the moment) but he doesn't have a particularly good track record so far either.  I'd be more than fine if the Jets cleaned house and brought in some experienced quality people.

For example

President of Football Operations: Mike Shanahan

HC: John Harbaugh

I'm not sure what GMs are available but we really need a John Dorsey type to start hitting on draft picks all over the place. 

7 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

https://itunes.apple.com/us/podcast/the-jet-take/id1102283546?mt=2#episodeGuid=366f82946a974b2290640a4d2b00ae23

Long interview with Manish. Not only will Mike be back but he will be the one in charge of the Head Coaching search. Also said Jets will be committed to him for another three years at least because of the new coach.

If this comes to pass, you’re going to see a legion of first tier candidates simply choose to not even interview with the Jets, same as when they tried to hire a GM while retaining Rex. That’s how they ended up hiring the Seahawks’ bookkeeper, and this is how we’re going to end up with Jets Head Coach Jack Del Rio. You cannot overstate what a mistake this would be, not only from a practical standpoint, but also perceptually. There has to be someone in the building who recognizes this.

This is how it should've been from the beginning.

Sometimes people need to grow into a role.  Parcells talks about how he was almost fired from the Giant job when he decided to do it his way.

I believe the power structure was setup so Mac had to defer to Bowles on quite a few things.

Hopefully Mac learned his lesson and drafts the players HE wants now that the new coach will be working for him.  No more excuses.

Anyone who believes Bowles wasn't banging the table for the safeties, the tiny lb,, Leo, is fooling themselves.

Just now, T0mShane said:

If this comes to pass, you’re going to see a legion of first tier candidates simply choose to not even interview with the Jets, same as when they tried to hire a GM while retaining Rex. That’s how they ended up hiring the Seahawks’ bookkeeper, and this is how we’re going to end up with Jets Head Coach Jack Del Rio. You cannot overstate what a mistake this would be, not only from a practical standpoint, but also perceptually. There has to be someone in the building who recognizes this.

Oh good. There were a bunch of strangers on the internet worried sick about your disappearance from a message board!

Agreed, Mac needs to go just as much as Bowles.

1 minute ago, T0mShane said:

We're due a good hire even if it's an unknown.  Even under Mac, there's still only 32 of these jobs in the world.  There has to be a great candidate that wants the job.

Just now, greenwichjetfan said:

Oh good. There were a bunch of strangers on the internet worried sick about your disappearance from a message board!

Agreed, Mac needs to go just as much as Bowles.

Were you worried, personally? Because you and I have a special kinship, and I would hope that you’d be worried. That I meant something to you. 

6 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Holy sh*t, I feel like i’ve seen a ghost. Welcome back.

Just now, Jimmy 2 Times said:

We're due a good hire even if it's an unknown.  Even under Mac, there's still only 32 of these jobs in the world.  There has to be a great candidate that wants the job.

These guys work their entire lives to get a shot at being a head coach and taking the wrong job can end your career. Four out of our last five head coaches are literally no longer employed by the league anymore, and for three of them—Herm, Mangini, and Rex—a lot of that has to do with the stink of getting fired from this godforsaken franchise at one point. No way does a guy like DeFillippo entrust his life’s work to Mike Maccagnan and the Johnson bros.

2 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Were you worried, personally? Because you and I have a special kinship, and I would hope that you’d be worried. That I meant something to you. 

Despite the conditions I have to trudge through to get to work this morning, all of a sudden it’s bright, sunny, and hummingbirds are singing sweet nothings.

I am a Mac supporter and I know that is not the popular trend right now, I have firmly believe that Mac has done a decent job (not best in league by any means) at bringing talent in and that our coaching staff has destroyed every player who came in. ( maybe Bowles ran out of daughters to offer up for competent play) I like the idea of keeping Mac passed this year though I will be the first one posting to fire him it our team looks awful next year with a whole new coaching staff.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

36 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Even though I don't know you, I was worried about you.  Very glad to have you back!  JN is now whole again.

47 minutes ago, Jimmy 2 Times said:

This is how it should've been from the beginning.

Sometimes people need to grow into a role.  Parcells talks about how he was almost fired from the Giant job when he decided to do it his way.

I believe the power structure was setup so Mac had to defer to Bowles on quite a few things.

Hopefully Mac learned his lesson and drafts the players HE wants now that the new coach will be working for him.  No more excuses.

Anyone who believes Bowles wasn't banging the table for the safeties, the tiny lb,, Leo, is fooling themselves.

This is exactly what I thought of as well.

1 hour ago, T0mShane said:

Is it really you?!?!?!?

I'm left to hope that if no one in the Jets organization understands this, that top potential candidates candidly tell them they'll only consider the job if Maccagnan is gone, too. Maybe at that point they'll figure it out. Maybe. 

The jobs are hard to get .. don't fool yourself .... Being selected as a HC in the NFL is akin to finding the Golden Freaking Ticket.

These guys work their entire lives to get a shot at being a head coach and taking the wrong job can end your career. Four out of our last five head coaches are literally no longer employed by the league anymore, and for three of them—Herm, Mangini, and Rex—a lot of that has to do with the stink of getting fired from this godforsaken franchise at one point. No way does a guy like DeFillippo entrust his life’s work to Mike Maccagnan and the Johnson bros.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

Just now, slats said:

I'm left to hope that if no one in the Jets organization understands this, that top potential candidates candidly tell them they'll only consider the job if Maccagnan is gone, too. Maybe at that point they'll figure it out. Maybe. 

Oh yeah, I’m sure they will figure things out. The Johnsons are so terrible that I can’t understand it. I used to at least appreciate that Woody seemed like he genuinely cared but it’s clear that he stopped after he fired his buddy Rex and had no more cool kids to hang out with.

Plus, league revenue skyrocketed during the last 5 years and he probably realized that he shouldn’t be emotionally invested or care and just make money. He also has the perfect excuse of “I’m not running the team because I’m overseas serving the US”. It’s pretty smart but does the franchise/fans no good. 

9 hours ago, BroadwayRay said:

I thought the other interesting thing in the podcast was when Manish said Mac too often defers to the Jets coaching staff when making draft picks. He said Ardarius Stewart was picked because Morton was in love with him. 

Not totally surprised since we all heard how muck Kevin Greene loved Dylan Donahue. And I’ll bet anything the Marcus Maye pick was basically made by Bowles. 

Does Macc have a mind of his own?

I listened to the podcast and I think this was the most interesting thing I heard. We have no way to tell if it is accurate or not, but some of Manish's material (such as his constant criticism of Wilkerson) wound up being true. It will be interesting to see how Macc drafts go once Bowles is gone. 

9 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

It may not seem like it, but that is actually good news. At least the structure will no longer be dysfunctional and candidates won't be afraid to interview because they know they will have a fair amount of time.  It also precludes the idiotic consultant set up.

No, but candidates will be afraid to interview because the quantifiably worst GM in the business is running the show.

So you're finally admitting that Idzik was a disaster of a hire.

Oh and welcome back, friend. This place hasn't been the same without you. ?

Welcome back! And not a moment too soon.

Archived