Manish: Mike Maccagnan will chose the next head coach

Jetsbb

Just now, RobR said:

He already is playing more three technique rather than 5 tech right now.....game in and game out. Everyone that thinks he's playing 5 tech almost exclusively is wrong. Just watch were he lines up every game.

Yeah but still in Bowles schemes Dline is seldom tasked with pusihng upfiled for the QB , its more occupy lanes and blockers . 

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Good to see a few in here aren't blind to what's been going on.

Maccagnan surviving while Bowles gets fired certainly convinces me that this whole time Bowles was really above Maccagnan in the hierarchy, bossed the GM around, made all the bad draft picks, and forced Macc into any/all of the bad FA pickups. Bowles was also the one working the phones to bang out trades with other teams' GMs, and he was the one who nixed any potentially beneficial trades we didn't make. 

Luckily Chris Johnson saw through this, and has given Maccagnan a promotion to GM Actually For Real This Time after 4 years of doing nothing but take marching orders from Bowles.

I love how the few draft picks that haven't busted were evidence of Macc's smarts, and all the rest are because Bowles was putting his thumb on the scales. Obviously Bowles was the one who really wanted Christian Hackenberg. We now know the truth.

Bowles also demanded we make no OL or RB picks in the first 4 draft rounds over these past 4 years because he doesn't like running the football.

The REAL real rebuild begins next year. 

23v7zx.jpg

4 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Yeah but still in Bowles schemes Dline is seldom tasked with pusihng upfiled for the QB , its more occupy lanes and blockers . 

It's because we don't have the players that are disruptive at the LOS. Leo is a slug off the snap with zero pass rushing moves. 

1 minute ago, RobR said:

It's because we don't have the players that are disruptive at the LOS. Leo is a slug off the snap with zero pass rushing moves. 

No its because he's not suited to be taking on double team blocks which is what Bowles D  has him quite frequently do.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

No its because he's not suited to be taking on double team blocks which is what Bowles D  has him quite frequently do.

Bad coaches need players to fit “his scheme,” while good coaches do not... coach for the NYJ

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

He's just not a pass rushing DLineman. He wasn't in college and sure as hell isn't now. I could make a case that he's better off fighting double teams, stuffing the run than he would be as a passrusher.

First, he never tested as an athletic freak which all good passrushers do. He's a slug off the snap, something that is not changing going forward. I guess I'm just saying he is what he is.....a stout dlineman, with no get off.

1 minute ago, RobR said:

He's just not a pass rushing DLineman. He wasn't in college and sure as hell isn't now. I could make a case that he's better off fighting double teams, stuffing the run than he would be as a passrusher.

First, he never tested as an athletic freak which all good passrushers do. He's a slug off the snap, something that is not changing going forward. I guess I'm just saying he is what he is.....a stout dlineman, with no get off.

I no get off to this team. 

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

I'm starting to agree with that position.

The more I've focused on #92, I wonder what if he was on a Jim Schwartz 4-3 Defense? Williams would be SLAYING opposing QBs because he'd face less double teams & do less occupying of lineman. His surprising quickness, in addition to his length and mass, through the gaps would be blowing up opposing backfields constantly. He gets good pressure considerg his 3-4 responsibilities to keep the LBs clean. 

I could understand Leo walking b/c his #'s don't commensurate with a BIG $$$ extension, and see him THRIVING if he were to sign with a 4-3 defense where he just has to blow through the OLine and do "his thing"

8 minutes ago, RobR said:

We will agree to disagree on this . 

Strengths:

Explosive

Strong

Adept at shedding blocks

Tough at the point of attack

Can use hands and feet at the same time

Quick feet

Can beat tackles and guards in the pass rush

Good run-defender

Ideal length for a 3-4 end

Closes well for a heavy end

Has speed around the corner

Can play with good leverage

Uses bull rush to push the pocket

Versatile

Perfect fit as a 3-4 end

Can play 4-3 end and tackle

Experienced 3-year starter

Upside

Toughness; plays banged up

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015lwilliams.php#8mjs8HBjj35pXlUD.99

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, Dunnie said:

Strengths:

Explosive

Strong

Adept at shedding blocks

Quick feet

Good run-defender

Versatile

Perfect fit as a 3-4 end

Upside

Read more at http://walterfootball.com/scoutingreport2015lwilliams.php#8mjs8HBjj35pXlUD.99

Don't bother, he has it set in his mind Williams is a slug. 

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

We will agree to disagree on this . 

No problem. I watch him religiously and I think he is a good player....just someone that is massively overrated by our fanbase. When I see everyone talking about him as 3-4 end taking on double teams every play I call them out because it's just not true. I wish there was a breakdown out there showing what position he lines up during the game because when I watch him he's mostly inside which is what some posters think is a position he would be thriving in.

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Strengths:

Explosive

Strong

Adept at shedding blocks

Quick feet

Good run-defender

Versatile

Perfect fit as a 3-4 end

Upside

So let's go by some draft write-up instead of what we have seen for the last four years? Got it. Also don't see anything listed about him being a passrusher or his array of moves.

3 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Don't bother, he has it set in his mind Williams is a slug. 

He's a slug off the snap. Big difference. Show me one good passrusher in the league that doesn't have that great first step? Just one.

So let's go by some draft write-up instead of what we have seen for the last four years? Got it. Also don't see anything listed about him being a passrusher or his array of moves.

But after four years of watching him in the NFL he doesn't. It's painfully obvious when you watch him every snap.

He was projected on the end coming out.

No problem. I watch him religiously and I think he is a good player....just someone that is massively overrated by our fanbase. When I see everyone talking about him as 3-4 end taking on double teams every play I call them out because it's just not true. I wish there was a breakdown out there showing what position he lines up during the game because when I watch him he's mostly inside which is what some posters think is a position he would be thriving in.

I guess it's ok to.be wrong.

If you were right we'd be seeing double digit sack seasons, yet we normally get around three. Blind homerism is a bad disease.

My thought is that Bowles played him inside because of his size and strength ... Not where he should be playing ... Which is end. I blame Bowles.

I know, but where does he mostly line up now. Apparently you don't know.

1 minute ago, 56mehl56 said:

Expecting double digit sacks is blind homerism , especially in the scheme Todd Bowles employs. 

3, 7, 2, 3. That is the sack production of a former 6th overall draft pick who at times was playing on a stacked Dline. Leo is what he is, apparently you can't see it.  

3 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

My thought is that Bowles played him inside because of his size and strength ... Not where he should be playing ... Which is end. I blame Bowles.

Normally interior Dlineman have better sack production, so you can throw that theory out the window.

7 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Does that include just the offensive side of the ball, because there were certainly lots of draft capital and FA money spent on Bowles D. Again I can buy a top end filet mignon but If I overcook it on the grill do I blame the butcher. At some point you'd figured Todd would learn to cook.

Yes, it seems mac is such a bad gm, he often listens to his HC when it comes to drafting. So if bowles decides who to draft, why is mac even employed ?

2 minutes ago, Dunnie said:

Yeah so many NT have huge sack totals ... Wtf. They get doubled teamed is what happens.

I'm wasting my time with you. You don't even understand the basics of Dline play....and who the hell ever said NT. Inside does not equal NT.

1 minute ago, Miss Lonelyhearts said:

Williams was the last guy off the ball on every snap of his college film too. His sparq score was league average. This stuff should be totally uncontroversial at this point.

Apparently too many posters here can't see it. I just wish they would focus in on him play after play and then respond when someone calls him a slug off the snap.

Archived