Manish: Mike Maccagnan will chose the next head coach

Jetsbb

I was just making a point that interior linemen do not get more sacks than edge rushers. I want to see LW as a true DE is all. And no I'm am not saying he is an edge rusher.

I'm wasting my time with you. You don't even understand the basics of Dline play....and who the hell ever said NT. Inside does not equal NT.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

• Replies 322
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, RobR said:

Apparently too many posters here can't see it. I just wish they would focus in on him play after play and then respond when someone calls him a slug off the snap.

It’s probably somewhere in between. He may be better in a 4-3. I do know he is VERY overrated on this board and I don’t believe in using high draft picks for d line in a 3-4. I mean, we witnessed the “what if” scenario of having a stud 3-4 d-line in their prime (Wilkerson,Richardson,Snacks). It didn’t do dick.

Good 3-4 teams have stud linebackers/playmakers while the lineman are cheap and just eat up blocks. The Jets have been a nonstop blueprint for how to NOT build a team. It’s unbelievable how stupid our front office has been for the last 10 years. 

9 minutes ago, Creepy Lurker said:

It’s probably somewhere in between. He may be better in a 4-3. I do know he is VERY overrated on this board and I don’t believe in using high draft picks for d line in a 3-4. I mean, we witnessed the “what if” scenario of having a stud 3-4 d-line in their prime (Wilkerson,Richardson,Snacks). It didn’t do dick.

Good 3-4 teams have stud linebackers/playmakers while the lineman are cheap and just eat up blocks. The Jets have been a nonstop blueprint for how to NOT build a team. It’s unbelievable how stupid our front office has been for the last 10 years. 

Good post. My big argument is people think he will do better playing inside in a 4-3 than as a DE in a 3-4, which they think he is playing now. It's completely false, just watch him every game. 

I also think Leos best position would be as a 5tech in a 3-4 for the sole reason that he is not a passrusher and never will be. 

Edit: Not directed at you

2 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

1. If it is so "feasable", can you name 3 or 4 teams that have overhauled their O line in one season.  I can't.

2. Once again. If you think it is so easy to draft multiple starting O lineman in one draft, please name the teams that have done so.

3. LOL. But I guess based on Mac's track record of drafting WRs, you would say he's due.

4. Why trade Williams for a second round pick when you do not even have a replacement. Will you be using the 2d round pick to find the replacement? Or is Mac going to find a starting DE in the 5th round?

5.  Have you looked at the list of Unrestricted Free Agent Linemen for 2019? Do you know who the starting O lineman are who are likely to not be re-signed by their current team. I have.  Don't take my word for it, here's what Greg Rosenthal has to say about it:

1. The Jets. 2006. Drafted Brick and Mangold. Signed Anthony Clement. I'm not even bothering to see if any other team has overhauled their line because it doesn't change the fact that it's feasible to overhaul your line in one year. 

2.The Jets 2006 Brick and Mangold.  They might have drafted another OL in the later rounds but they had Moore, Kendall, and Clement.

3.  He might suck at drafting WR's, but it's been proven that you can find one in almost any round.  If he finally finds one, it would go a long way in restoring my faith in Macc.

4. Replacement for what? Leo has breakout series, and breakout games, but he is not a consistent game breaker. That is why I would trade him while his value is at it's highest, and before his second contract. We already have his replacement on the team. Henry Anderson has comparable stats, and he only cost us a 7th rounder. We'll find a way to replace Leo's 3 sacks somehow. We could probably find a DE in the 5th round who can get 3 sacks. 

5. I am not Nostradamus. I have no idea who will be cut. Like I said, there are always surprise cuts. There is no way for me to predict who would be a surprise cut, because then it wouldn't be a surprise. 

If I have to repeat this every time I respond to you, I will. I said that these are the types of moves that would restore my faith in Macc. 

1 hour ago, peekskill68 said:

I'm no film guy but there seems to be some correlation with our DL play dropping off and Snacks going to the Giants.  Wilkerson and Richardson forgot how to play football after he left.  Maybe that also exposed Leo...

Snacks isn't on the field on 3rd down

this snacks legend is bizarre

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

So what , he got us Darnold we should be thankful for that .

Plus what about GM's who took Jamarcus Russell, Ryan Leaf , Andre Ware , Davis Carr , Jeff George all in the 1st round !!!

The draft is like playing the lottery, sometimes you get lucky enough to win big , but most times you lose.  No team and I repeat no team drafts well all the time . 

This can't be a serious post cause anybody slightly paying attention would obviously know that if Mac wasn't trying to validate the Hack pick he could and SHOULD have drafted Mahomes like I and several others BEGGED him to do. Then the Jets would have had more draft picks this year for offensive skill positions.

So please spare me and the others the absolutely nonsensical idea that Mac's total ineptitude was some masterful plan to draft Sam Darnold whom 99% of the NFL didn't even think would be available with the 3rd pick!

Image result for inspector clouseau

1 hour ago, Jetsplayer21 said:

When Mac gets fired, this yr or in 2 years he may be a good gm of a Burger King. “Big Mac “ already has the name for it.. He shouldn’t fight the inevitable ?‍♂️

Coincidentally, I said in another post earlier today that Mac would f*ck up running a McDonald’s and THEY are the home of the Big Mac. 

13 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

This can't be a serious post cause anybody slightly paying attention would obviously know that if Mac wasn't trying to validate the Hack pick he could and SHOULD have drafted Mahomes like I and several others BEGGED him to do. Then the Jets would have had more draft picks this year for offensive skill positions.

So please spare me and the others the absolutely nonsensical idea that Mac's total ineptitude was some masterful plan to draft Sam Darnold whom 99% of the NFL didn't even think would be available with the 3rd pick!

Image result for inspector clouseau

Where did I say it was a masterful plan. He traded up to make sure the jets secured one of the top 3 QB's this year , they got one and that is all that mattered. GM's miss all the time on players , Hack was a second round reach its not like Mac traded up to a 1st pick to take him.  And I love how fans always thump their chest afterwords on players they liked. I rarely see anyone here say I liked so and so but they bombed. And trust me its not like any of us are right all the time. 

16 hours ago, T0mShane said:

If this comes to pass, you’re going to see a legion of first tier candidates simply choose to not even interview with the Jets, same as when they tried to hire a GM while retaining Rex. That’s how they ended up hiring the Seahawks’ bookkeeper, and this is how we’re going to end up with Jets Head Coach Jack Del Rio. You cannot overstate what a mistake this would be, not only from a practical standpoint, but also perceptually. There has to be someone in the building who recognizes this.

A couple of things.  First, no "first tier candidates" passed on the GM job because of Rex Ryan.  Look who the Jets ended up with two years later when the job was even more attractive.  Second, Mike Maccagnan is getting fired if this thing keeps going the way it's going. 

30 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Where did I say it was a masterful plan. He traded up to make sure the jets secured one of the top 3 QB's this year , they got one and that is all that mattered. GM's miss all the time on players , Hack was a second round reach its not like Mac traded up to a 1st pick to take him.  And I love how fans always thump their chest afterwords on players they liked. I rarely see anyone here say I liked so and so but they bombed. And trust me its not like any of us are right all the time. 

I didn't realize I was having a back and forth with a Mac apologist earlier so that explains it. 

How anyone can defend Macs record after four year is beyond incomprehensible. We have no pro bowl players yet again, apparently the most expensive OL based on price with the worst results, bottom of the barrel roster, and holes everywhere at positions that matter. People post facts here about how bad he has been and you still want him too continue this ridiculous rebuild. Blind homerism at it's best when you have been plowed in the face with facts.

7 minutes ago, RobR said:

I didn't realize I was having a back and forth with a Mac apologist earlier so that explains it. 

How anyone can defend Macs record after four year is beyond incomprehensible. We have no pro bowl players yet again, apparently the most expensive OL based on price with the worst results, bottom of the barrel roster, and holes everywhere at positions that matter. People post facts here about how bad he has been and you still want him too continue this ridiculous rebuild. Blind homerism at it's best when you have been plowed in the face with facts.

Outstanding post.  ANY owner other than Johnson and this guy would have been sh*tcanned awhile ago, just like Bowles should have been.

Its debatable as to whether any team would hire him as a Scout.

The total Nightmare that IS the NY Jets is guaranteed to go on at least another 3 YEARS with this guy still sitting in the GMs chair.

This guy is luckier than most lottery winners.

11 minutes ago, JoeWillieWhiteShoesHOF said:

Outstanding post.  ANY owner other than Johnson and this guy would have been sh*tcanned awhile ago, just like Bowles should have been.

Its debatable as to whether any team would hire him as a Scout.

The total Nightmare that IS the NY Jets is guaranteed to go on at least another 3 YEARS with this guy still sitting in the GMs chair.

This guy is luckier than most lottery winners.

Yet some people still defend him and want him too lead this team into the future with a new coach that he can hire and another blank slate since we just started rebuilding last year, or is it next year. Maybe the rebuild still hasn't started.?

I'm sorry if I can't wrap my head around that logic.

2 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

Hmmmmm I liked Hackenburg and HE STUNK!!

There now you know someone out here who wanted a player, Hackenburg, the Jets got that player and HE STUNK!!! :) 

The difference is once I knew Hack stunk I wanted the Jets to cut him loose and not pretend because of some preconceived confirmation biases that he was going to turn into Johnny Unitas. 

And unfortunately that is what I  feel Mac is responsible for, not the bad pick per se, no one can be right 100% as you correctly point out.  However I do hold Mac liable for his rather his obvious instance to double down on that pick and thereby costing us at least two years in developing the Jets entire roster and for not holding himself accountable for that decision.

As a Jet's fan of course I just hope that Mac turns it around and that it all works out but I have been hoping the same thing with different folks for the last 45 plus years...

11 hours ago, Sonny Werblin said:

1. It is not possible to overhaul an O line in one off-season. You can plus in maybe one guy, and he's not going to be much better than average and will cost you more than his actual value (which is why his team let him walk in UFA).

2. See 1. It's not possible to re-tool and O line in one draft. Having no 2d round pick is not helpful.

3. Who do you have in mind and how? I'm pretty sure: "Get a #1 WR" is on many team's wish lists.

4. What do you get for Leo? Who replaces him?

5. Agree here. Bell will be pedestrian RB behind the Jets for $hit O line. BTW,  Mawae was not "found in the wild". He was a highly coveted Free Agent who wanted out of Seattle and many teams wanted to sign him. Mawae only signed with the Jets because Parcells convinced him (while flashing his SB rings) that he was building a team to win a superbowl. What's Mac gonna flash to impress the yet unnamed great O lineman you believe will hit free agency?

image.php?encI=X55g%3ADDzbTtVWYQV.9F.1V1

7 hours ago, RobR said:

He's just not a pass rushing DLineman. He wasn't in college and sure as hell isn't now. I could make a case that he's better off fighting double teams, stuffing the run than he would be as a passrusher.

First, he never tested as an athletic freak which all good passrushers do. He's a slug off the snap, something that is not changing going forward. I guess I'm just saying he is what he is.....a stout dlineman, with no get off.

Gee..real tough to get one of those, good thing the Jets had the 6th pick in the Nation and used it on him (sarc).  Hate this team hahaha.

I'm trying to think in his 4 years when he has actually made a play that won a game, just 1 play, and I can't think of any.  And you know the luckiest man in the world (only because he works for a dweeb who also only wants to save face by not firing him) will give him huge money because of how bad he'll look, another draft pick not exactly busting but leaving much to be desired for being a pick that high.  And the never ending circle continues.

15 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

image.php?encI=X55g%3ADDzbTtVWYQV.9F.1V1

I actually wish she was the GM and making the picks.  She couldn't do worse, that's for sure.

Check it out.....I saw some data posted on Twitter today.  Guess who is #5 in the entire league in what their Oline costs.  Right...the NY Jets hahahhahahha #5...... f**kin 5!!!!!!  Whoever doubts it, by all means research it.  Another job well done by your GM Woodrow.....check that box hahaha.

Maccagnan is paying the Oline around $32Million this year and Darnold rarely gets a FULL SECOND to plant, step and fire.

My favorite play of the year was his Oline getting 3 HOLDING CALLS ON THAT ONE PLAY against Buffalo..that was Awesome.

I'm not going to condemn Maccagnan, until I see what another coach gets out of his players.

He's main weakness seems to be middle round picks. He over pays in FA due to having no players we've drafted worth a second contract. Mostly those out of the Idzik disaster drafts, Which only Q is worth keeping.

His own draft picks are starting to reach FA now. Anderson is a RFA, I'd put a 2nd round option on him and resign Q. The only Defensive players I'd even blink at in the First round would be Bosa or Allen. I'd trade back with these two off the board.

We should be Only be looking at Offensive H.C and I'd be selecting a young gun.

14 hours ago, RobR said:

He already is playing more three technique rather than 5 tech right now.....game in and game out. Everyone that thinks he's playing 5 tech almost exclusively is wrong. Just watch were he lines up every game.

But he's still not a one gap penetrator. He's playing read and react with 2 gap responsibilities most plays.

12 hours ago, RobR said:

First off I'm not a Mac apologist and if he was fired I'd be ok  with it. My issue is 1) do I trust the Johnson's to hire a new GM 2) keeping Mac in place keeps some stability in the scouting dept especially Heimerdinger. 3) How much of the bottom barrel roster can be attributed to absolute horrible coaching and development . Bowles was given countless top end draft picks and FA's for his D, he still cannot get a unit that is even middle of the pack. 

I'm willing to give Mac a pass and see his hand picked HC in place rather than having a conservative leather helmet era HC  bringing everyone down. 

3 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

First off I'm not a Mac apologist and if he was fired I'd be ok  with it. My issue is 1) do I trust the Johnson's to hire a new GM 2) keeping Mac in place keeps some stability in the scouting dept especially Heimerdinger. 3) How much of the bottom barrel roster can be attributed to absolute horrible coaching and development . Bowles was given countless top end draft picks and FA's for his D, he still cannot get a unit that is even middle of the pack. 

I'm willing to give Mac a pass and see his hand picked HC in place rather than having a conservative leather helmet era HC  bringing everyone down. 

Mac and Bowles created this mess, and both have got to go.

4 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

Mac and Bowles created this mess, and both have got to go.

I understand people have different opinions. I just can’t understand the Mac support given his horrendous track record or the fact that his presence will hurt our appeal to head coaches. It’s bizarre. 

4 hours ago, 56mehl56 said:

I wish the meets made him a CEO just to get him out of the GM spot---IF the are not going to fire him.  He has already pretty much proved the efficacy of the Peter Principle.  Heck. Promote him. Get someone who can actually do the job he can't

10 hours ago, UntouchableCrew said:

But he's still not a one gap penetrator. He's playing read and react with 2 gap responsibilities most plays.

Right. Which is why it’s not the worst thing in the world that he’s not a fast twitch athlete. He was a good prospect and he is a good player. If Muggsy Bogues played for the Jets you would have the same people insisting that he’s tall.

Archived