Miscellaneous Jets Draft News

sec101row23

57 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s actually closer to 5’9” 

Personally I’m not all that impressed with him. His offense is so gimmicky, he hasn’t faced enough elite defenses and Dan Haskins has done that as well as putting up slightly better numbers. 

I’m so unimpressed I have a bet in place with a friend that he won’t put up 300 yards on Bama’s Defense. Guy is crazy for Kyler Murray and he’s gonna pay for it lmfao.

7 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Personally I’m not all that impressed with him. His offense is so gimmicky, he hasn’t faced enough elite defenses and Dan Haskins has done that as well as putting up slightly better numbers. 

I’m so unimpressed I have a bet in place with a friend that he won’t put up 300 yards on Bama’s Defense. Guy is crazy for Kyler Murray and he’s gonna pay for it lmfao.

He’s good for that system and they have nice weapons around him.  I could see him having 350 total offense though. His legs will give Bama problems.  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

He’s good for that system and they have nice weapons around him.  I could see him having 350 total offense though. His legs will give Bama problems.  

I think with the amount of time Bama has to prepare for OU — albiet as explosive as OU is — they can hold Murray for under 300 passing. 

I hope.

you’ve given me a little doubt now lmao. But still not very impressed with him, overall. I think a lot of guys can do what he’s doing at OU. I fully expect a Clemson/Bama part 3

13 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

I think with the amount of time Bama has to prepare for OU — albiet as explosive as OU is — they can hold Murray for under 300 passing. 

I hope.

you’ve given me a little doubt now lmao. But still not very impressed with him, overall. I think a lot of guys can do what he’s doing at OU. I fully expect a Clemson/Bama part 3

Actually it will be Clemson/Bama part 4 if both teams advance.  

2 minutes ago, sec101row23 said:

Actually it will be Clemson/Bama part 4 if both teams advance.  

Oops. You’re right. 

They most likely will. This time it’ll be Trevor Lawerence back there. Can’t stand Bama.

need a Deshaun Watson moment if the opportunity arises.

I think you guys are just as, or more, explosive on offense as far as skill positions go then in 2017.

5 minutes ago, Patriot Killa said:

Oops. You’re right. 

They most likely will. This time it’ll be Trevor Lawerence back there. Can’t stand Bama.

need a Deshaun Watson moment if the opportunity arises.

I think you guys are just as, or more, explosive on offense as far as skill positions go then in 2017.

Much more explosive this year, Lawrence is a true freshman though.  Next year though it’s going to be on.  Everyone is back on offense.  

Didn’t realize Marquise Brown probably isn’t playing.  That hurts OU a little.  

• 1 month later...
22 hours ago, sec101row23 said:

Very good read...loved the, dont spend on WR's piece.  The next few years should see a ton of talent enter the league.  That said, when you have 2 WR's under contract going into next season, not sure you have a choice.

12 minutes ago, JiF said:

Very good read...loved the, dont spend on WR's piece.  The next few years should see a ton of talent enter the league.  That said, when you have 2 WR's under contract going into next season, not sure you have a choice.

True.  No choice but to buy a few guys this year.   Even if they are a little older, it’s ok.  They should only be stop gaps on short deals.  A smart GM maybe drafts a couple guys this year, and then comes back and gets a couple guys next year, and you are all set at the position for a 5 year run.  Doubtful Maccagnan sees it this way, but we can only hope he does.  

1 minute ago, sec101row23 said:

True.  No choice but to buy a few guys this year.   Even if they are a little older, it’s ok.  They should only be stop gaps on short deals.  A smart GM maybe drafts a couple guys this year, and then comes back and gets a couple guys next year, and you are all set at the position for a 5 year run.  Doubtful Maccagnan sees it this way, but we can only hope he does.  

Agreed, which is why I'm big on Golden Tate.  Dont care he's 30+.  Dude gets open, has sure hands and is always available.  That is so valuable to a young QB.  Someone you know, is going to be open and in the right place every down.

There are some guys I think could have long term potential too, Jamison Crowder and Adam Humphries are high on my wish list.

1 minute ago, JiF said:

Agreed, which is why I'm big on Golden Tate.  Dont care he's 30+.  Dude gets open, has sure hands and is always available.  That is so valuable to a young QB.  Someone you know, is going to be open and in the right place every down.

There are some guys I think could have long term potential too, Jamison Crowder and Adam Humphries are high on my wish list.

I wouldnt mind Tate, he’s still productive.  Adding a slot guy would help as well.  They can draft size/speed guys this year.  Lots of them to choose from.  Need to have a better plan for the red zone this year.  

Archived