New York Red Bulls

The Crimson King

The Red Bulls are in the semi finals and play the second leg at home in Thursday 11/29. If they win the two game aggregate series with Atlanta, they play a one game winner take all championship game at home on 12/8

Tix are cheap. So how often do you get a chance to see a championship?

If you haven't seen live meaningful soccer, this could be a great place to start

Since this seems to be such a hot topic here …

Red Bulls lost 3-0 in Atlanta this afternoon in the first half of the two game "aggregate series". That means that in the second leg, at home Thursday night, they would need to win 3-0 just to tie. If it is 4-1, they lose on the away goal tie breaker. 4-0 or 5-1 wins, Very very hard to do against one of the best teams in the league.

This gives them a huge hill to climb and going to the championship game seems improbable if not impossible as Atlanta will just stall long enough to win.  Shame this, I was hoping to see an exciting match and a championship game on 12/8. Oh well, at least we'll get a good dinner on Ferry Street. 

Teams should pay me not to root for them ...

Ive been studying Spanish pretty intensely, traveling a bit and I have 3-4 weekly speaking engagements with people from Spain, Argentina,  and it amazes me how we as a country don't have soccer as our top 3 sports.

Its the ONLY sport in almost the entire rest of the world.

In Venezuela, baseball is eclipsing soccer but in Europe  and South America,  they kill to watch it. 

2 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

Ive been studying Spanish pretty intensely, traveling a bit and I have 3-4 weekly speaking engagements with people from Spain, Argentina,  and it amazes me how we as a country don't have soccer as our top 3 sports.

Its the ONLY sport in almost the entire rest of the world.

In Venezuela, baseball is eclipsing soccer but in Europe  and South America,  they kill to watch it. 

Funny you mention Spain  and Argentina. Went to soccer matches at Real Madrid and River Platte. Different as night and day. Bernabeu was like Yankee Stadium. Staid, elite, perfectly groomed and many noses up in the air. El Monumental in BA was the most dilapidated falling down facility I've ever seen. Scary as heck. We went through 5 barricaded "pat down" areas just to get to the stadium itself. Given that their recent match against the Boca Juniors was cancelled because the fans were attacking Boca's bus, this place may be worse than Philadelphia.

The World Cup is coming here in 2026. Championship game is in the Meadowlands. Start making plans. 

Well, Red Bulls won the game 1-0 last night but lost the series 3-1 so another year that they will not win the championship. Many missed opportunities plus a goal called off for the home team that could have resulted in at least overtime. Remember that they had to win 3-0

Nice night at the stadium however and  the Mrs found a new nearby place to eat & drink that did not involve the half hour walk to Ferry St (Hey you take good news where you can get it)

Some of the fans were embarrassingly misbehaved, throwing water bottles at the refs and some of the Atlanta players and then going nuts after the match. Then a few from the supporter section (which we were overlooking) starting jumping off a platform onto the field. We watched one poor schnook do it and he broke is ankle in a gruesome/Theisman kinda way. Much fan mayhem post game. The senior security guys set up right next to us with binos and walkie talkies and were busy as heck. We sat there for almost an hour listening and watching this. Quite entertaining.   

Archived