50th Anniversary of Heidi

Gen X Jet

Guess there are not many of us around from this days but I remember it like it was yesterday, Close game that cut to the commercial and you waited, only to see Jennifer Edwards (Blake Edwards daughter) cavorting across the screen when they came out. I remember shouting WTF (Mom was NOT pleased) and ran to my room to hit the radio to hear the disaster that followed, a long pass followed by a fumble near the EZ. One of the worst Jets losses in their history. It would be the last one until after the AFL-NFL championship game in Jan. '69. Not even the Rangers win against the Canadians helped that night (funny the meaningless details one remembers)

Fast forward a bunch (a whole bunch) of years, one of my closest childhood friends married Ms, Edwards. I forgave him for that, it wasn't her fault :)   

4 minutes ago, The Crimson King said:

Guess there are not many of us around from this days but I remember it like it was yesterday, Close game that cut to the commercial and you waited, only to see Jennifer Edwards (Blake Edwards daughter) cavorting across the screen when they came out. I remember shouting WTF (Mom was NOT pleased) and ran to my room to hit the radio to hear the disaster that followed, a long pass followed by a fumble near the EZ. One of the worst Jets losses in their history. It would be the last one until after the AFL-NFL championship game in Jan. '69. Not even the Rangers win against the Canadians helped that night (funny the meaningless details one remembers)

Fast forward a bunch (a whole bunch) of years, one of my closest childhood friends married Ms, Edwards. I forgave him for that, it wasn't her fault :)   

Great post! I remember it exactly the same way. Jeez the frustration after that commercial break was only topped by the anger listening to it end on radio Those were great match ups with Lamonica (the Mad Bomber) and that Raider team. Also brought up memories of listening to Sunday night Ranger home games on the transistor, LOL.

8 hours ago, The Crimson King said:

I remember it like it was yesterday.  When my brother and I realized they cut the game coverage for Heidi we ran to the radio.  What was really frustrating was we had an old fashioned radio (even by 1968 standards) it took time for the tubes to heat up before hearing any sound. By time it came on the Jets had already fumbled the kickoff and the Raiders had just scored their second TD in like 9 or 10 seconds! What frustration!

Archived