2019 Yankees

Maxman

So what are we thinking?

Sheffield in the rotation or traded away?

Machado?

Andujar, what do they do with him defensively for the long haul? I think he will get better defensively, I don't see him ever being good defensively at 3B. That bat though.

What relievers are going to resign? 

A full year of Judge and year two in the AL of Stanton should do wonders for the offense. I would like to see the team play some more small ball here and there. Clint Frazier maybe?

• Thumb Down 1

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Corbin and Eovaldi

Eovaldi is going to be an interesting free agent. Some clubs think he’d be a lights out closer and some can peg him as a #3/#4 starter. I’d like for the Sox to bring him back but he earned a TON of money in October. Might be cost prohibitive. Should be a fun hot stove. 

• Upvote 1

12 hours ago, BroadwayJoe12 said:

Good trade. Both teams win. One of the best arms on the trade market. I expect them to add Corbin and then one of Machado or Harper, most likely Machado. 

I like the trade too.  Yankees needed two top of the rotation pitchers.  Don’t have to even really pay Paxton until 2 years from now

As for as trading Justus Sheffield you have to give up something to get something.  This isn’t the nba where the commissioner just arranges trades for you to get superstars for free

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I like the trade too.  Yankees needed two top of the rotation pitchers.  Don’t have to even really pay Paxton until 2 years from now

As for as trading Justus Sheffield you have to give up something to get something.  This isn’t the nba where the commissioner just arranges trades for you to get superstars for free

Then what are Severino and Tanaka?

3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Oh here we go again Yankee fan capologists now overrating Severino again

33-14, 3.18 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 450 SOs, 4.64 SO/W, 10.5 SO per 9

Yeah, definitely not front of the rotation material.... 

His fall off in the second half was pretty bad.  I would imagine as he gets more experience and innings under him that we would see less of a dip in performance in the 2nd half.  He is still only 24. 

2 hours ago, Bergen Jet said:

33-14, 3.18 ERA, 1.09 WHIP, 450 SOs, 4.64 SO/W, 10.5 SO per 9

Yeah, definitely not front of the rotation material.... 

His fall off in the second half was pretty bad.  I would imagine as he gets more experience and innings under him that we would see less of a dip in performance in the 2nd half.  He is still only 24. 

I don’t understand why most Yankees fans are complacent about our starting pitching. It wasn’t good last year and it wasn’t good enough to beat the Red Sox 

50 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t understand why most Yankees fans are complacent about our starting pitching. It wasn’t good last year and it wasn’t good enough to beat the Red Sox 

I do not see anyone being complacent.  Our starting pitching needs have been pretty apparent to most fans.  I am just not sure how anyone could see Severino as anything less than a front end starter.

19 hours ago, Bergen Jet said:

I do not see anyone being complacent.  Our starting pitching needs have been pretty apparent to most fans.  I am just not sure how anyone could see Severino as anything less than a front end starter.

I'm a Mets fan. Other than two guys on my team, name me 5 guys in MLB that the Yankees would trade Severino for straight up? That's right, they don't exist. He is an elite talent.

• Upvote 2

On 11/23/2018 at 1:50 PM, Philc1 said:

They need at least 1 more good starter.

If Tanaka is your 1, Severino is your 2, Corbin (or Keuchel) is your 3, Paxton is the 4, CC/ Montgomery (when he comes back) is your 5, that isn't bad.  No, you don't have that "Ace" per se, but you have 4 legit good starters.

On 11/24/2018 at 5:06 PM, chirorob said:

They need at least 1 more good starter.

If Tanaka is your 1, Severino is your 2, Corbin (or Keuchel) is your 3, Paxton is the 4, CC/ Montgomery (when he comes back) is your 5, that isn't bad.  No, you don't have that "Ace" per se, but you have 4 legit good starters.

Yankees work still isn’t done they still have to sign either Corbin or Keuchel 

On 11/26/2018 at 11:09 AM, chirorob said:

Agree 10000000%

Move Gray and get something.   I would not be opposed to moving Stanton and adding some kind of left handed OF.  

No keep Stanton.  Definitely try to move Gray there’s gotta be a NL team that is willing to take him he’s another Javy Vazquez crap in NY but good in small NL markets

3 hours ago, chirorob said:

Depends on how much Seattle is willing to kick in for Cano's contract.  He is still owed 120 million dollars.  

It’s either that or resign Gregorious after next season.  He’s younger and better but his contract will be in the $160-180 mil range

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Does all the righty bats bother anyone else or just me? Especially now with Didi out and Bird issues. It’s the only thing that bothers me. But not sure if I’m just being OCD about it. 

Kinda makes more want to trade Stanton if that were even possible... I dunno

Very much so.   I would move Stanton.   I know people say strikeouts don't matter for hitters, but Judge, Stanton and Sanchez could be 550Ks from power right handed batter.   I so hoped Bird would be legit, Bird and Didi breaking up those power right handed bats would have been great.

Question.   If strikeouts for batters don't matter to stat guys, why do they look at strikeouts for pitchers as such a good thing?

1 hour ago, HessStation said:

Does all the righty bats bother anyone else or just me? Especially now with Didi out and Bird issues. It’s the only thing that bothers me. But not sure if I’m just being OCD about it. 

Kinda makes more want to trade Stanton if that were even possible... I dunno

Didi will be back mid season