2019 Yankees

Maxman

On 12/8/2018 at 10:41 AM, chirorob said:

Sanchez's value is at an all time low.   This would be a terrible time to trade him.

No and I really don’t understand yankees fans giving up on this guy.  He was a top 2 offensive catcher first 2 years in the mlb had one bad season but hit well in the playoffs basically our only player who showed up against the Red Sox

Even Bird I don’t think the Yankees should give up on

8 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

No and I really don’t understand yankees fans giving up on this guy.  He was a top 2 offensive catcher first 2 years in the mlb had one bad season but hit well in the playoffs basically our only player who showed up against the Red Sox

Even Bird I don’t think the Yankees should give up on

Barring a miracle trade, they bring Bird back and see if he can win the 1B job.   He still costs nothing, has no trade value, and they really need a LH bat in the lineup.   If he hits 180 for another half a season, then just send him down to AAA.

• Upvote 1

On 12/10/2018 at 10:26 AM, chirorob said:

Barring a miracle trade, they bring Bird back and see if he can win the 1B job.   He still costs nothing, has no trade value, and they really need a LH bat in the lineup.   If he hits 180 for another half a season, then just send him down to AAA.

Just give Bird one more shot.  

• Upvote 2

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 1/16/2019 at 11:52 AM, nj meadowlands said:

If Chicago gets Manny at 7/175 I'm 100000% boycotting the Yankees this year. What an absolute joke. At this point I respect the Jets' brass and management more.

I disagree.   

He's not really a good SS.   He is a huge defensive upgrade at 3rd over what we have, but Andujar costs 24 million a year less, and is good in the clubhouse.   I think Manny's whole "I'm not Johnny Hustle" thing rankled the Yanks brass, and they don't think he is worth the risk.

46 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I disagree.   

He's not really a good SS.   He is a huge defensive upgrade at 3rd over what we have, but Andujar costs 24 million a year less, and is good in the clubhouse.   I think Manny's whole "I'm not Johnny Hustle" thing rankled the Yanks brass, and they don't think he is worth the risk.

LOL is this Jack Curry?

Rivera gets in first ballot with 100%.  Jeter will next year.  Mussina gets in with 270 wins which I agree with

was listening to Francesca yesterday he said CC won’t get in.  I disagree he is at 246 wins if he pitches 2-3 more years he could have as many or more wins than Mussina

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Rivera gets in first ballot with 100%.  Jeter will next year.  Mussina gets in with 270 wins which I agree with

was listening to Francesca yesterday he said CC won’t get in.  I disagree he is at 246 wins if he pitches 2-3 more years he could have as many or more wins than Mussina

Mussina for sure should be in, there aren't a lot of player behind him getting more than even 200 wins

I'm glad Mo got the 100%, so that can just go away forever.   How was Griffey Junior not 100%?   Or Maddux, or Willie Mays or Henry Aaron?  

• Upvote 1

22 hours ago, chirorob said:

Mussina for sure should be in, there aren't a lot of player behind him getting more than even 200 wins

I'm glad Mo got the 100%, so that can just go away forever.   How was Griffey Junior not 100%?   Or Maddux, or Willie Mays or Henry Aaron?  

I don’t understand how anyone could have ever not voted for Aaron or Mays to make HOF that is asinine

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

I don’t understand how anyone could have ever not voted for Aaron or Mays to make HOF that is asinine

Everything I have ever read, you had 3 great CF in NY at the same time, and Willie was the best.   Even Mickey Mantle was quoted as sayingd Mays was the best.   Mick may have had more raw power, but Mays was an amazing CF with a great arm.  Also, if Mays doesn't miss 2 years for the war, he probably beats Ruth in career HR.  Mays finished with 660, missing 2 years.    The first 2 years after he got back, he hit a combined 91.  Even if he "only" hit 70 those 2 years, that puts him at 730.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Everything I have ever read, you had 3 great CF in NY at the same time, and Willie was the best.   Even Mickey Mantle was quoted as sayingd Mays was the best.   Mick may have had more raw power, but Mays was an amazing CF with a great arm.  Also, if Mays doesn't miss 2 years for the war, he probably beats Ruth in career HR.  Mays finished with 660, missing 2 years.    The first 2 years after he got back, he hit a combined 91.  Even if he "only" hit 70 those 2 years, that puts him at 730.

I personally consider Willie Mays the GOAT.  Whoever voted against him making the HOF first ballot must have been blackout drunk

On 1/24/2019 at 8:15 AM, Philc1 said:

Check the career active leaders in wins.  Bart Colon needs 3 for 250.  CC needs 4.  Verlander needs 46, which is 3 good seasons.

No one else will get to 250.  Scherzer and Kershaw are in the 150s for wins.

CC has a cy young.  Another year he would have been CY young but split the season in the AL and NL.  He won a WS as the staff ace. 

There will be no more 300 game winners, and there may only a handful of 250 game winners left.  

• Upvote 1

On 1/25/2019 at 5:17 PM, chirorob said:

Check the career active leaders in wins.  Bart Colon needs 3 for 250.  CC needs 4.  Verlander needs 46, which is 3 good seasons.

No one else will get to 250.  Scherzer and Kershaw are in the 150s for wins.

CC has a cy young.  Another year he would have been CY young but split the season in the AL and NL.  He won a WS as the staff ace. 

There will be no more 300 game winners, and there may only a handful of 250 game winners left.  

I think that’s why CC gets in.  The pussification of how pitchers are managed now makes it impossible for any of the younger pitchers to even get 250.  If CC hangs around 4 more years he could be the last 300 game winner

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

Yanks sign Severino to a 4 year extension, with a 5th year option.

Good deal for both sides, Severino only gives up 1 year before becoming a FA at age 29.    Both sides avoid arbitration for years, Severino gives up a bit of cash, but has a guarenteed 40 million in his pocket.

• Upvote 1

On 1/30/2019 at 6:36 PM, Philc1 said:

I think that’s why CC gets in.  The pussification of how pitchers are managed now makes it impossible for any of the younger pitchers to even get 250.  If CC hangs around 4 more years he could be the last 300 game winner

I think after Verlander, no one gets 250.   300 will be like having a 30 win season. 

It makes Greg Maddux even more amazing.   Played in the steroid era, pitched 200 innings 18 times in 19 years.   The year he missed 200 innings, he threw 199.   Not to mention the extra innings he threw in the playoffs every year.

• Upvote 1

On 2/16/2019 at 2:06 PM, chirorob said:

Yanks sign Severino to a 4 year extension, with a 5th year option.

Good deal for both sides, Severino only gives up 1 year before becoming a FA at age 29.    Both sides avoid arbitration for years, Severino gives up a bit of cash, but has a guarenteed 40 million in his pocket.

Meanwhile Degrom is threatening to do a Porzinigs while the Mets are paying $17 million guaranteed this year