Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

2019 Yankees

Recommended Posts

Bird is great again! Good news.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/17/2019 at 1:49 PM, Thai Jet said:

Hate to think what DeGroms record would be if his team actually had an offense like NYY or Sawx.

He would go 42 and 0. With only 34 games started.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 11:45 PM, Maxman said:

Bird is great again! Good news.

It is all health

I think he platoons with Voight

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees should not give up on Bird he's got the talent

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Severino injured rotator cuff

 

can the Yankees stop messing around and sign Keuchel already?  Jeez

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 9:06 AM, Philc1 said:

Severino injured rotator cuff

 

can the Yankees stop messing around and sign Keuchel already?  Jeez

The word I heard is Keuchel wants Yu Darvish money.   No way I give that guy 6 and 120 million.  He is 31, was hurt 2 of the past 3 years.    If he wants a 3 year, 50-60, I'd look at that

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, chirorob said:

The word I heard is Keuchel wants Yu Darvish money.   No way I give that guy 6 and 120 million.  He is 31, was hurt 2 of the past 3 years.    If he wants a 3 year, 50-60, I'd look at that

2/5 of the rotation is already injured and Tanaka is eventually going to need Tommy John once his elbow finally gives out

 

I’m sorry I’m not looking forward to watching Domingo German and Luis Cessa make a combined 40 starts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees sign Gio to a very reasonable minor league deal.  Good move

 

 

i still want Keuchel 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting start.

Hicks, 2 shots to his lower back.   2 starters on the DL.    Betances on the DL.

Sorry.   IL    People were offended by the term "disabled list", so they had to change it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, chirorob said:

Interesting start.

Hicks, 2 shots to his lower back.   2 starters on the DL.    Betances on the DL.

Sorry.   IL    People were offended by the term "disabled list", so they had to change it.

Gardner can play CF until Hicks comes back.  Our bullpen has terrific depth

 

40% of the rotation injured concerns me. Signing Gio is a good start

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw those internal options Cashman wanted to use instead of signing Keuchel?  German has actually looked worse than he did last year in spring training and Loisaga is not ready 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

Btw those internal options Cashman wanted to use instead of signing Keuchel?  German has actually looked worse than he did last year in spring training and Loisaga is not ready 

German is looking like a bullpen option.

Depends on what Keuchel wanted.   If he is insisting on 6 years, then no way.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/21/2019 at 5:34 PM, chirorob said:

Interesting start.

Hicks, 2 shots to his lower back.   2 starters on the DL.    Betances on the DL.

Sorry.   IL    People were offended by the term "disabled list", so they had to change it.

Is that why they changed the name?

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Maxman said:

Is that why they changed the name?

Yes.   People found the term Disabled List offensive.

Like, that's what bothers you?   A 100 year old term for an injured player, when that player is injured (disabled) and unable to play.    

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/sports/disabled-list-baseball.html

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Darn disabled people and their rights

I'm not infringing on their rights.   Well, I'm not doing anything.   But that was offensive enough to warrant a formal protest?   

Whatever, it's done.  It's not a big deal.  ON TO OPENING DAY

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/23/2019 at 11:45 PM, Maxman said:

Bird is great again! Good news.

Opening day home run!!

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/27/2019 at 12:34 PM, chirorob said:

Yes.   People found the term Disabled List offensive.

Like, that's what bothers you?   A 100 year old term for an injured player, when that player is injured (disabled) and unable to play.    

https://www.nytimes.com/2019/02/08/sports/disabled-list-baseball.html

Are injured people now offended by the IL?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

You know what i like.  Judge and Stanton both single against the shift.  Take what they give you, and the next man up makes them pay with a 3 run HR.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees win but this team is getting slaughtered by injuries.  I guess LaMaheiu is the 3B until Gregorious comes back in late July

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Yankees win but this team is getting slaughtered by injuries.  I guess LaMaheiu is the 3B until Gregorious comes back in late July

CC, Severino, Betances, Hicks, Stanton, Didi, now Andujar may be out for the year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Brutal loss to the Tigers tonight. Offense disappeared and if I am honest I'm not a big Chapman fan. In my eyes he has been a disappointment and frustrates me once more letting up 2 in the ninth. Oh well gotta bounce back and play game 3.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 4/2/2019 at 12:40 PM, chirorob said:

CC, Severino, Betances, Hicks, Stanton, Didi, now Andujar may be out for the year.

And yet Boone is benching Sanchez, Bird and Tulowitzki

 

Overmanaging 101

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Brutal loss to the Tigers tonight. Offense disappeared and if I am honest I'm not a big Chapman fan. In my eyes he has been a disappointment and frustrates me once more letting up 2 in the ninth. Oh well gotta bounce back and play game 3.

Chapman giving up two runs in that spot c’mon

If Boone continues to bench good hitters for no reason while half the team is injured I’d seriously consider firing him if I was Hal

 

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

All is not well in Yankee land. Only caught the end of today's game but one run tells the story and 18 K's is unacceptable. 

A ton of injuries.  I also don’t like the feast or famine offense

Maybe the silver lining of the injury avalanche is some young kids get a chance to play and maybe they can do crazy stuff like steal bases and bunt I know what a concept 

 

Fortunately the Gay Sox are also playing like crap.  Chris Sale is throwing 87 mph after getting a $140 million!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Cant ignore the warning signs anymore. This team lack fundamentals last year and its the same nonsense again this year.

Boone is in over his head. 

Yanks need to make a move with a new manager or they are gonna blow this window of opportunity. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I haven't been able to watch the games, what has Boone been doing wrong lately?  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I haven't been able to watch the games, what has Boone been doing wrong lately?  

I don't know that he is actively doing anything wrong, but...

I was at the game Saturday.  First, Torres takes off on a long fly by LaMahieu.  He crosses 2nd and then gets thrown out at first.  Not because the ball beat him, but because he apparently stepped on 2nd going, but not coming back.  We couldn't see it and my Dad (watching on TV in NY) said it seemed like bullsh*t.  Then later bases loaded, no outs.  Sanchez gets picked off at 3rd.  Not because the ball beat him, but because he didn't even slide, tripped over the base and got tagged out.  We thought he was injured.  It was pathetic.  Next guy strikes out and they don't score.  WTF?  Bases loaded, no outs and they don't score?  There wasn't even a  DP. They have a complete inability to score unless there is a HR.  Bullpen handling seemed a bit curious too.  He left Holder out there pretty long. 

OTOH, Camden Yards is great.  We were in the first row in left.  You can see us jumping up and down when Red Thunder homered over our heads.  I hear he hates that nickname, but he re-tweeted and commented on my step-sons picture of him in left.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Websites, SEO & Social Media

Mile Social

×