2019 Yankees

Maxman

On 8/15/2019 at 3:22 PM, chirorob said:

I love Baltimore.   Even for a bad team, the level the Yanks killed them this year is amazing.

Sadly, I think Yanks are done with them for the rest of the season.

38 games left in the season yanks are up 10.5 games on the Rays 17 on the sux

Playoffs are going to come down to pitching not home field advantage.  I try to follow all my teams but watching the Yankees beat the tanking orioles every night has been tough

I’m watching the Mets game right now with the all white and black uniforms and they look awful. This was a really dumb publicity stunt by the MLB and it’s making me less excited for what should be a cool Yankees dodgers game with two classic teams. MLB would’ve been better off with color rush or something. 

• Upvote 1

On 8/23/2019 at 11:32 PM, Philc1 said:

Yanks impressively hit Ryu tonight

Paxton throws a gem against the dodgers 

German with a nice game as well.

Going to LA and taking 2 of 3 is great.   The Oakland series....  not as good.

Judge starting to really hit again.

• Upvote 1

Montgomery is actually throwing now as well.  He also won't be nearly stretched out enough to start, but could team with Severino to be a couple of 2 inning "openers", or more long relief in the playoffs.

I like Monty, if he can help this year, that'd be great.   I'd love for him just to throw a few MLB innings, just to have it in his head he can pitch again, and then come back strong next year (strong as you can after missing a year from surgery)

Not to turn the page, but I feel like the Yankees starting pitching is in much better shape next season.

1. Severino
  2. Tanaka
  3. Paxton
  4. German
  5. Montgomery

(Deivy Garcia, Michael King,and Clarke Schmidt waiting in the wings)

I'll also say, I don't think there's any excuse not to sign Gerrit Cole. We've been dancing around this guy for years. It's time now to land him. 

• Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Morrissey said:

Not to turn the page, but I feel like the Yankees starting pitching is in much better shape next season.

1. Severino
  2. Tanaka
  3. Paxton
  4. German
  5. Montgomery

(Deivy Garcia, Michael King,and Clarke Schmidt waiting in the wings)

I'll also say, I don't think there's any excuse not to sign Gerrit Cole. We've been dancing around this guy for years. It's time now to land him. 

I 110% agree. 

On 8/28/2019 at 10:08 AM, Maxman said:

Yeah he won't be. He might not be on the roster, especially if Severino keeps progressing.

Happ is garbage.  90 mph fastball. Location sucks.  I know he only gave up three runs the other night but the mariners stink and T-mobile Park is the Grand Canyon 

Under contract next yr too

On 8/29/2019 at 7:30 PM, Philc1 said:

So do you guys still think Paxton sucks and it was the worst trade ever?

24 starts, 124 innings, almost exactly 5 innings a start with an ERA of 4.39.    He is throwing better lately, but I thought he'd be better overall.

That being said, 5 innings, 1-2 runs in a playoff game, and I'll be thrilled. 

• Haha 1

31 minutes ago, chirorob said:

It is.

Verlander and Cole in the playoffs will be tough.   Should be a great series (if they all get there)

Yeah hopefully the Astros lose in the round before.  :)

Relying on the long ball scares me. The Yankees hit so many though that hopefully it won't be an issue.

Tanaka seems like he is back. Paxton has been alright. German is having an incredible year and HOPEFULLY Severino can help as well.

On 8/29/2019 at 7:30 PM, Philc1 said:

So do you guys still think Paxton sucks and it was the worst trade ever?

Hey, I'll give him his due.   Last night he looked AMAZING.

I truly hope he keeps this up.  Not the 12 strikeouts, 1 hit over 7 innings, I mean if he can great, but that is kind of a high bar.  

• Upvote 1

On 9/3/2019 at 11:08 AM, Maxman said:

Yeah hopefully the Astros lose in the round before.  :)

Relying on the long ball scares me. The Yankees hit so many though that hopefully it won't be an issue.

Tanaka seems like he is back. Paxton has been alright. German is having an incredible year and HOPEFULLY Severino can help as well.

We need Severino and Betances to come back and be effective even if Severino is just a one inning reliever it helps big time 

• 2 weeks later...

The lack of basic fundamentals on this team costs them runs every week. This team has over achieved this year.

Torres is a runner on 3rd base and runs on contact, on a frickin line drive and gets doubled up to end the inning.

Literally a little league fundamental. 

I just cant see this team winning a world series, esp with the starting staff right now. 

17 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

So postseason rotation is:

tanaka

german

paxton

Green (with Montgomery, Severino, Betances pitching middle innings)

Me likey

Paxton has been really good down the stretch.   I may make him the #2.

I think German may be hitting the wall a bit with innings.  I try to get him a little extra rest wherever possible.

• Upvote 1

On 9/16/2019 at 11:48 AM, Philc1 said:

So postseason rotation is:

tanaka

german

paxton

Green (with Montgomery, Severino, Betances pitching middle innings)

Me likey

Montgomery is still going to have to earn that. And I think the order will be different.