Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Maxman

2019 Yankees

Recommended Posts

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Good game 1 win though it’s the same formula starter goes 4 innings and our offense goes nuts

I couldn't get the game, how did Paxton actually look?

The relievers have all had about a week off, they are ready to go, plus extra days off in the post season.  On a side note, Verlander looked like a freaking horse out there, crikey that guy is good.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just a lil bingo.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I couldn't get the game, how did Paxton actually look?

The relievers have all had about a week off, they are ready to go, plus extra days off in the post season.  On a side note, Verlander looked like a freaking horse out there, crikey that guy is good.

Paxton was meh. 3 runs in 4 and 2/3 innings 

 

We need him to go deeper in games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Btw I thought Happ looked good out of the pen last night his velocity and command were both better.  He’s under contract one more year they should use him as a middle reliever strictly next season

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Sanchez pulls a Nostradamus during Yankees’ Game 1 win, makes a Game 2 prediction

Today 10:33 AM 
Gary Sanchez

AP

Gary Sanchez correctly predicted how the Yankees pulled away during their 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins on Friday night.

 
 
 
 

NEW YORK  Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez wanted to see replays of what he was doing wrong when he headed straight from the batter’s box to a clubhouse video room during the seventh inning of Friday night’s 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins.

It was there that the two-time All-Star made a bold prediction and then charged back to the Yankees dugout to watch it come true.

The bases-loaded double that was hit by DJ LeMahieu and iced this series-opening win was called by Sanchez, who appears to have a little Nostradamus in him.

“Every time DJ is in the box. I just enjoy it,” Sanchez said. “He’s done it all year. I was actually in the video room when he came up, bases loaded, and I said. ‘Let me go outside, because I want to watch this double.' That’s what happened.”

Before LeMahieu’s bases-clearing hit padded the Yankees’ lead, Sanchez had been frustrated because he’d just struck out for the third time in a row following a second-inning walk, and his latest whiff occurred with two on and nobody out with his club up just three runs on the homer-happy Twins.

Sanchez knew that there wouldn’t be much time to find answers in the video room because he still had to catch the final innings, so he paid attention to what was happening on the field from a nearby television while watching replays of his strikeouts.

Sanchez was in the video room when Didi Gregorius walked to load the bases with one out and then when nobody scored on Gio Urshela’s flyball to shallow center.

Next up was LeMahieu, whose many admirers in the Yankees clubhouse include Sanchez.

It was Sanchez who nicknamed LeMahieu “Animal” because he’s been raking throughout his first season as a Yankee.

Sanchez saw more of that in the first few innings of Game 1, as LeMahieu singled and scored in the third inning before lacing a solo homer in the sixth.

When LeMahieu came to the plate in the eighth, Sanchez had his premonition, and he didn’t just predict another big hit.

“He hits for a lot of extra-bases,” Sanchez said. “I figured it was going to be another double.”

It was, and Sanchez made sure that he was out of the video room and in the dugout to see his prophecy come true.

What’s next for LeMahieu, who will be back in the Yankees’ lineup on Saturday when they try to make it two in a row over the Twins in their best-of-five series?

“You know he’s a machine, so likely at least two hits,” Sanchez said.

 

 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
52 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Gary Sanchez pulls a Nostradamus during Yankees’ Game 1 win, makes a Game 2 prediction

Today 10:33 AM 
Gary Sanchez

AP

Gary Sanchez correctly predicted how the Yankees pulled away during their 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins on Friday night.

 
 
 
 

NEW YORK  Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez wanted to see replays of what he was doing wrong when he headed straight from the batter’s box to a clubhouse video room during the seventh inning of Friday night’s 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins.

It was there that the two-time All-Star made a bold prediction and then charged back to the Yankees dugout to watch it come true.

The bases-loaded double that was hit by DJ LeMahieu and iced this series-opening win was called by Sanchez, who appears to have a little Nostradamus in him.

“Every time DJ is in the box. I just enjoy it,” Sanchez said. “He’s done it all year. I was actually in the video room when he came up, bases loaded, and I said. ‘Let me go outside, because I want to watch this double.' That’s what happened.”

Before LeMahieu’s bases-clearing hit padded the Yankees’ lead, Sanchez had been frustrated because he’d just struck out for the third time in a row following a second-inning walk, and his latest whiff occurred with two on and nobody out with his club up just three runs on the homer-happy Twins.

Sanchez knew that there wouldn’t be much time to find answers in the video room because he still had to catch the final innings, so he paid attention to what was happening on the field from a nearby television while watching replays of his strikeouts.

Sanchez was in the video room when Didi Gregorius walked to load the bases with one out and then when nobody scored on Gio Urshela’s flyball to shallow center.

Next up was LeMahieu, whose many admirers in the Yankees clubhouse include Sanchez.

It was Sanchez who nicknamed LeMahieu “Animal” because he’s been raking throughout his first season as a Yankee.

Sanchez saw more of that in the first few innings of Game 1, as LeMahieu singled and scored in the third inning before lacing a solo homer in the sixth.

When LeMahieu came to the plate in the eighth, Sanchez had his premonition, and he didn’t just predict another big hit.

“He hits for a lot of extra-bases,” Sanchez said. “I figured it was going to be another double.”

It was, and Sanchez made sure that he was out of the video room and in the dugout to see his prophecy come true.

What’s next for LeMahieu, who will be back in the Yankees’ lineup on Saturday when they try to make it two in a row over the Twins in their best-of-five series?

“You know he’s a machine, so likely at least two hits,” Sanchez said.

 

For all their sluggers, there is no one I'd rather see at the plate in an important situation than DJ.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Gary Sanchez may run into a homer here and there but he has to be one of the dumbest hitters I have ever seen on the Yankees. His at bats last night were disgusting. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, Barton said:

Gary Sanchez may run into a homer here and there but he has to be one of the dumbest hitters I have ever seen on the Yankees. His at bats last night were disgusting. 

I’ll give him a pass Gary was literally the only Yankee who showed up in last year’s playoffs 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/6/2019 at 3:11 AM, Philc1 said:

Hopefully they can complete the sweep

It'd be huge, get a couple days off for the pen going into Houston.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, chirorob said:

It'd be huge, get a couple days off for the pen going into Houston.

Up 3-0 in the 7th

 

man this is a long game

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Up 3-0 in the 7th

 

man this is a long game

Severino threw a lot of pitches.

Yanks threw over 160, Minn over 150.    That is a lot of pitches and pitching changes for a 5-1 game.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/8/2019 at 7:34 AM, chirorob said:

Severino threw a lot of pitches.

Yanks threw over 160, Minn over 150.    That is a lot of pitches and pitching changes for a 5-1 game.

Modern era baseball.  4 hour regular season games and 6 hour playoff games

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Babies gonna baby

 

2C82ABEC-EC76-47BC-8708-26172A0B20D6.jpeg

96D7AC77-7E5D-4980-A219-A7224D1EE81E.jpeg

Thanks for letting us know that the heckling works. All he did was encourage us further so thanks for the 4.99/5 Yankee Stadium hostile environment rating and enjoy your offseason. What a softie. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Babies gonna baby

 

2C82ABEC-EC76-47BC-8708-26172A0B20D6.jpeg

96D7AC77-7E5D-4980-A219-A7224D1EE81E.jpeg

The worst thing you can do is feed the Bleacher Bums.  

"Your yelling at me really hurts my feelings!".

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I really hate Bhastan Red sox fans and NE too Fkem. Fkem all.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Yankees have to show they are serious tonight, must.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Yankees have to show they are serious tonight, must.

Especially with Greinke on the hill. Winning at least one in Houston is a must and Verlander and Cole are always tough. This is a perfect game to steal one on the road. 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Especially with Greinke on the hill. Winning at least one in Houston is a must and Verlander and Cole are always tough. This is a perfect game to steal one on the road. 

When Stanton came to us I bought a Stanton Yankee T shirt, I don't know why,  you know the ones. I got so frustrated with him I put it in the Bag of clothes to give to the VVA. Do I leave it in the bag or take it out? What's your thought?

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Thanks for letting us know that the heckling works. All he did was encourage us further so thanks for the 4.99/5 Yankee Stadium hostile environment rating and enjoy your offseason. What a softie. 

They hurt my feelings wah!

  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Especially with Greinke on the hill. Winning at least one in Houston is a must and Verlander and Cole are always tough. This is a perfect game to steal one on the road. 

They gotta beat Grienke

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

When Stanton came to us I bought a Stanton Yankee T shirt, I don't know why,  you know the ones. I got so frustrated with him I put it in the Bag of close to give to the VVA. Do I leave it in the bag or take it out? What's your thought?

I say leave it in the bag until he does something that would make you want to keep it😀

  • Post of the Week 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Would be great to steal this down there, Let's go Yankees.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Damn we just missed on a few homers last night against Verlander. He is not invincible. What killed us though was one hit in 4.1 against the astros bullpen, guys like Edwin, Gary, Gregorious are really letting us down. 

Lets bounce back at home and take the next 3 because I don’t want to go back to Houston. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Well so much for that

Yanks bullpen did the job.   Unfortunately, so did the Stros.

Sanchez and Encarnacion looking lost at the plate right now.

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Severino sucks today. 

Why is Ford not in the lineup.  Houston has no lefties, but they bring CC and encarnacion.  Ford not in the roster for this series.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sev is shaky this pitch count is bad right now, the score is worse.

Cole looked shaky in the first, Yankees need to do some damage in the bottom of 2 before he settles in.

Can't believe Stanton isn't DHing today at least. Unreal.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  



Content Partnership

Yes Network

Site Sponsor

MILE-Social - NJ Social Media & SEO company
×
×
  • Create New...