2019 Yankees

Maxman

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Good game 1 win though it’s the same formula starter goes 4 innings and our offense goes nuts

I couldn't get the game, how did Paxton actually look?

The relievers have all had about a week off, they are ready to go, plus extra days off in the post season.  On a side note, Verlander looked like a freaking horse out there, crikey that guy is good.

56 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I couldn't get the game, how did Paxton actually look?

The relievers have all had about a week off, they are ready to go, plus extra days off in the post season.  On a side note, Verlander looked like a freaking horse out there, crikey that guy is good.

Paxton was meh. 3 runs in 4 and 2/3 innings 

We need him to go deeper in games

Gary Sanchez pulls a Nostradamus during Yankees’ Game 1 win, makes a Game 2 prediction

Today 10:33 AM 
Gary Sanchez

AP

Gary Sanchez correctly predicted how the Yankees pulled away during their 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins on Friday night.

NEW YORK  Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez wanted to see replays of what he was doing wrong when he headed straight from the batter’s box to a clubhouse video room during the seventh inning of Friday night’s 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins.

It was there that the two-time All-Star made a bold prediction and then charged back to the Yankees dugout to watch it come true.

The bases-loaded double that was hit by DJ LeMahieu and iced this series-opening win was called by Sanchez, who appears to have a little Nostradamus in him.

“Every time DJ is in the box. I just enjoy it,” Sanchez said. “He’s done it all year. I was actually in the video room when he came up, bases loaded, and I said. ‘Let me go outside, because I want to watch this double.' That’s what happened.”

Before LeMahieu’s bases-clearing hit padded the Yankees’ lead, Sanchez had been frustrated because he’d just struck out for the third time in a row following a second-inning walk, and his latest whiff occurred with two on and nobody out with his club up just three runs on the homer-happy Twins.

Sanchez knew that there wouldn’t be much time to find answers in the video room because he still had to catch the final innings, so he paid attention to what was happening on the field from a nearby television while watching replays of his strikeouts.

Sanchez was in the video room when Didi Gregorius walked to load the bases with one out and then when nobody scored on Gio Urshela’s flyball to shallow center.

Next up was LeMahieu, whose many admirers in the Yankees clubhouse include Sanchez.

It was Sanchez who nicknamed LeMahieu “Animal” because he’s been raking throughout his first season as a Yankee.

Sanchez saw more of that in the first few innings of Game 1, as LeMahieu singled and scored in the third inning before lacing a solo homer in the sixth.

When LeMahieu came to the plate in the eighth, Sanchez had his premonition, and he didn’t just predict another big hit.

“He hits for a lot of extra-bases,” Sanchez said. “I figured it was going to be another double.”

It was, and Sanchez made sure that he was out of the video room and in the dugout to see his prophecy come true.

What’s next for LeMahieu, who will be back in the Yankees’ lineup on Saturday when they try to make it two in a row over the Twins in their best-of-five series?

“You know he’s a machine, so likely at least two hits,” Sanchez said.

• Upvote 2

52 minutes ago, Apache 51 said:

Gary Sanchez pulls a Nostradamus during Yankees’ Game 1 win, makes a Game 2 prediction

Today 10:33 AM 
Gary Sanchez

AP

Gary Sanchez correctly predicted how the Yankees pulled away during their 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins on Friday night.

NEW YORK  Yankees catcher Gary Sanchez wanted to see replays of what he was doing wrong when he headed straight from the batter’s box to a clubhouse video room during the seventh inning of Friday night’s 10-4 Game 1 ALDS win over the Minnesota Twins.

It was there that the two-time All-Star made a bold prediction and then charged back to the Yankees dugout to watch it come true.

The bases-loaded double that was hit by DJ LeMahieu and iced this series-opening win was called by Sanchez, who appears to have a little Nostradamus in him.

“Every time DJ is in the box. I just enjoy it,” Sanchez said. “He’s done it all year. I was actually in the video room when he came up, bases loaded, and I said. ‘Let me go outside, because I want to watch this double.' That’s what happened.”

Before LeMahieu’s bases-clearing hit padded the Yankees’ lead, Sanchez had been frustrated because he’d just struck out for the third time in a row following a second-inning walk, and his latest whiff occurred with two on and nobody out with his club up just three runs on the homer-happy Twins.

Sanchez knew that there wouldn’t be much time to find answers in the video room because he still had to catch the final innings, so he paid attention to what was happening on the field from a nearby television while watching replays of his strikeouts.

Sanchez was in the video room when Didi Gregorius walked to load the bases with one out and then when nobody scored on Gio Urshela’s flyball to shallow center.

Next up was LeMahieu, whose many admirers in the Yankees clubhouse include Sanchez.

It was Sanchez who nicknamed LeMahieu “Animal” because he’s been raking throughout his first season as a Yankee.

Sanchez saw more of that in the first few innings of Game 1, as LeMahieu singled and scored in the third inning before lacing a solo homer in the sixth.

When LeMahieu came to the plate in the eighth, Sanchez had his premonition, and he didn’t just predict another big hit.

“He hits for a lot of extra-bases,” Sanchez said. “I figured it was going to be another double.”

It was, and Sanchez made sure that he was out of the video room and in the dugout to see his prophecy come true.

What’s next for LeMahieu, who will be back in the Yankees’ lineup on Saturday when they try to make it two in a row over the Twins in their best-of-five series?

“You know he’s a machine, so likely at least two hits,” Sanchez said.

For all their sluggers, there is no one I'd rather see at the plate in an important situation than DJ.

• Upvote 1

On 10/5/2019 at 12:28 PM, Barton said:

Gary Sanchez may run into a homer here and there but he has to be one of the dumbest hitters I have ever seen on the Yankees. His at bats last night were disgusting. 

I’ll give him a pass Gary was literally the only Yankee who showed up in last year’s playoffs 

3 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Especially with Greinke on the hill. Winning at least one in Houston is a must and Verlander and Cole are always tough. This is a perfect game to steal one on the road. 

When Stanton came to us I bought a Stanton Yankee T shirt, I don't know why,  you know the ones. I got so frustrated with him I put it in the Bag of clothes to give to the VVA. Do I leave it in the bag or take it out? What's your thought?

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Thanks for letting us know that the heckling works. All he did was encourage us further so thanks for the 4.99/5 Yankee Stadium hostile environment rating and enjoy your offseason. What a softie. 

They hurt my feelings wah!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Apache 51 said:

When Stanton came to us I bought a Stanton Yankee T shirt, I don't know why,  you know the ones. I got so frustrated with him I put it in the Bag of close to give to the VVA. Do I leave it in the bag or take it out? What's your thought?

I say leave it in the bag until he does something that would make you want to keep it?

• Post of the Week 1

Damn we just missed on a few homers last night against Verlander. He is not invincible. What killed us though was one hit in 4.1 against the astros bullpen, guys like Edwin, Gary, Gregorious are really letting us down. 

Lets bounce back at home and take the next 3 because I don’t want to go back to Houston. 

Sev is shaky this pitch count is bad right now, the score is worse.

Cole looked shaky in the first, Yankees need to do some damage in the bottom of 2 before he settles in.

Can't believe Stanton isn't DHing today at least. Unreal.