2019 Yankees

Maxman

On 10/16/2019 at 7:22 AM, section314 said:

I know Boone doesn't make up the lineup, but Gardner batting 3rd? Really? Would be like the Nats batting Taylor 3rd. I'd love to hear the explanation for that one from the analytic stooges up stairs on that one.

He's the only lefty on the playoff roster doing anything?

22 minutes ago, section314 said:

The guy who should bat 3rd until he's no longer a Yankee, hopefully 12 years or more from now, is Glayber Torres. He's the only guy they can't get out.

I wish they also had Ford on the roster, to help break it up, but they didn't ask me.

• Sympathy 1

On 10/17/2019 at 9:47 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Guys made of glass. I’m running out of patience. 

Stanton is going to get shelled by yankees fans and the media next 6-7 months but the real reason they lost is the Yankees had okay at best starting pitching going up against Verlander, Cole etc

We gotta stop with this Chad Green starting every 4th game nonsense.  Sign a friggin legit starter I will be screaming for Wheeler next several months

• Upvote 1

10 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Stanton is going to get shelled by yankees fans and the media next 6-7 months but the real reason they lost is the Yankees had okay at best starting pitching going up against Verlander, Cole etc

We gotta stop with this Chad Green starting every 4th game nonsense.  Sign a friggin legit starter I will be screaming for Wheeler next several months

Now we have to be to the ones with Cole. Cashman needs to give him whatever money he wants. The only problem is the Astros seem to make every pitcher better so he might not be as he good here. 

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

Now we have to be to the ones with Cole. Cashman needs to give him whatever money he wants. The only problem is the Astros seem to make every pitcher better so he might not be as he good here. 

The Astros also are a big market team that can afford to resign Cole.  Ditto for the Nats and Strasbourg that’s why I keep saying Wheeler needs to be the guy

• Upvote 1

16 minutes ago, JustEndTheSuffering said:

This is true but we're the New York Yankees, nobody should be able to outbid us.

In theory yes and if George was still alive Cole and Bumgarner would both be in pinstripes next year 

We really need to get creative and find a way to get rid of Stanton’s contract maybe offer him in a package with Andujar, German and Betances

24 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

In theory yes and if George was still alive Cole and Bumgarner would both be in pinstripes next year 

We really need to get creative and find a way to get rid of Stanton’s contract maybe offer him in a package with Andujar, German and Betances

I agree with all of this except getting rid of German. This kid could become something special and plus any trade with Stanton, Andujar and Betances should be more than enough no matter how bad or injury prone Giancarlo is.

On 10/21/2019 at 12:57 PM, JustEndTheSuffering said:

I agree with all of this except getting rid of German. This kid could become something special and plus any trade with Stanton, Andujar and Betances should be more than enough no matter how bad or injury prone Giancarlo is.

Look however they do it.  Yankees have assets to get it done

Stanton has to go

• Upvote 1

• 2 weeks later...