2019 Yankees

Maxman

52 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I don't know that he is actively doing anything wrong, but...

I was at the game Saturday.  First, Torres takes off on a long fly by LaMahieu.  He crosses 2nd and then gets thrown out at first.  Not because the ball beat him, but because he apparently stepped on 2nd going, but not coming back.  We couldn't see it and my Dad (watching on TV in NY) said it seemed like bullsh*t.  Then later bases loaded, no outs.  Sanchez gets picked off at 3rd.  Not because the ball beat him, but because he didn't even slide, tripped over the base and got tagged out.  We thought he was injured.  It was pathetic.  Next guy strikes out and they don't score.  WTF?  Bases loaded, no outs and they don't score?  There wasn't even a  DP. They have a complete inability to score unless there is a HR.  Bullpen handling seemed a bit curious too.  He left Holder out there pretty long. 

OTOH, Camden Yards is great.  We were in the first row in left.  You can see us jumping up and down when Red Thunder homered over our heads.  I hear he hates that nickname, but he re-tweeted and commented on my step-sons picture of him in left.  

I like Sanchez, and his hitting ability is immense, but man he doesn't do much else well.   Great throwing arm, but hardly anyone runs any more.   Leads the league in passed balls despite missing 60 games.   4 errors already this year.   Not good on the bases.   I don't care that he is slow, he is a catcher, but how do you get picked off 3rd?  

I'd LOVE for them to be able to trade Stanton.   You just have 3 guys in the middle of your lineup that are too similar.   RH power guys who strike out a lot. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, chirorob said:

I like Sanchez, and his hitting ability is immense, but man he doesn't do much else well.   Great throwing arm, but hardly anyone runs any more.   Leads the league in passed balls despite missing 60 games.   4 errors already this year.   Not good on the bases.   I don't care that he is slow, he is a catcher, but how do you get picked off 3rd?  

I'd LOVE for them to be able to trade Stanton.   You just have 3 guys in the middle of your lineup that are too similar.   RH power guys who strike out a lot. 

It was a snap throw from the catcher.  The Orioles catcher, Severino, seems like a hell of a defensive catcher.  Sanchez just looked like doofy dude tripping over 3rd.  Like he was surprised there was a bag there.  Maybe he stepped on the 3rd baseman's foot. I don't know.  I thought Sanchez would be a better more patient hitter than Judge, based on 2016.  I was hoping for more of  doubles hitter that doesn't strike out.  Oh well. 

Maybe Frazier comes around.  He certainly has looked good the past couple of days.  FWIW, Andujar was running around the outfield and he looked fine.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, chirorob said:

Sanchez needs to go. He'll never get it. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

Why.  Tanaka at 78 pitches, cruising with 3 hits in 6 innings.  So he gets pulled, and Britton promptly blows a 2 run lead.    

Wtf, starters can only throw 80 pitches now?

I haven’t been a fan of how Boone has managed so far but to be fair Tanaka has been staving off Tommy John for years now

On 4/10/2019 at 9:55 PM, WayneChrebet80 said:

I know it’s early in the season and they have a ton of injuries, but the team has just been outclassed in Houston. Paxton also looks like a guy who isn’t cut out for NY.

Wish I could disagree. This isn't good right now at all.

1 minute ago, chirorob said:

Its early.   But Sale looks like crap for Boston

Frazier in fire.  Stanton at 1st when he comes back, Frazier in left.

Sale struggling to get his fastball out of the 80’s

Sale and Price contracts are going to kill the Red Sox for the next several years.  Couldn’t happen to a better team

• Upvote 1

21 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Sale struggling to get his fastball out of the 80’s

Sale and Price contracts are going to kill the Red Sox for the next several years.  Couldn’t happen to a better team

Baseball player scream contracts are unfair, that there is collusion.  Repeated huge contracts dont work out, you hear nothing.....

9 hours ago, chirorob said:

Baseball player scream contracts are unfair, that there is collusion.  Repeated huge contracts dont work out, you hear nothing.....

What makes the Sale contract look really bad is he literally just got it a couple weeks ago and suddenly looks like he would struggle facing the Reds Double A affiliate

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Philc1 said:

What makes the Sale contract look really bad is he literally just got it a couple weeks ago and suddenly looks like he would struggle facing the Reds Double A affiliate

It's crazy.   Like, he signed it and instantly went to poop.

Course, Hicks signs a 7 year deal and instantly hurts his lower back.   Back injuries for baseball players are always scary.

• Upvote 1

17 hours ago, Philc1 said:

How this team is a game above .500 with this tsunami of injuries is amazing 

They won again last night against the Angels.

I was not happy with Boone earlier, but to have the team focused despite the fact it is almost their AAA team taking the field is impressive.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, chirorob said:

They won again last night against the Angels.

I was not happy with Boone earlier, but to have the team focused despite the fact it is almost their AAA team taking the field is impressive.

Definitely have to give Boone a lot of credit he’s doing a great job of navigating through a sh.tstorm

• Upvote 1